Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DEAL!
icon_highfive.gif

trevster2k said:

Maddy can have my shoulders to see better, I'm nice like that. I was referring to the ticketbuyers of the recently released 1000 tickets, slackers.:wink:

I think the late buying ticket buyers of the latest release of GA tickets should have to go to the back, and not be allowed to camp out in the GA line. Their tickets should be coded. Ha!

Lesson be learned: buy your U2 tickets as soon as they go on sale so they sell out and so that additional shows are scheduled. Mo bettah! Am I right?:wink:

faithingrace said:
Ick, another 1000 people on the floor does not sound like fun :madspit:

well considering that most of us purchased double what we needed in hopes of trading/keeping tickets away from scalpers I think it will be okay:wink:

nurse chrissi said:

well considering that most of us purchased double what we needed in hopes of trading/keeping tickets away from scalpers I think it will be okay:wink:

No joke. At the rate we purchased GA's, we should have a special cordoned off area in front of the stage set aside for us :huh:

one4u2 said:
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Feb/21/br/br01p.html

Just found this article, I still hope you all get a 2nd show :)
This article has been modified by the newspaper. First it included the following:
Still waiting for U2 to announce a second Aloha Stadium show? You'll still have to wait.

Leonard said there was still no word on a second show, and the manager couldn't say whether the release of additional tickets indicated that a second show was less likely.

"We're still optimistic about a second concert," said Leonard. "We just haven't heard anything yet."
BUT, AS YOU CAN READ NOW if you follow the link, they have completely REMOVED all this, and there is NOT any mention of a second show.

I post some information gathered this week, hoping to put these rumors to rest finally. Not that I wouldn't like a second show, but I think it's time to move on, we know what we've got, and can now start to enjoy :)
Reply-To : <inquiry@etsys.com>
Sent : Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:46 PM
To : "'Hans van Leeuwen'" <hans_van_leeuwen@hotmail.com>
Subject : RE: ETS Luau party April 7th Honolulu

Dear Hans,

Thank you for your email. I can tell you that there is definitley NOT going to be a second show in Hawaii. The date they WERE considering was April 9th but that is not happening now. There is definitley only one show. So you would be safe to purchase the Luau package on the Friday night and not worry about it conflicting with another date.

Kindest regards,

Amy Alguire

==========================
Amy Alguire
Manager
Box Office
ETSTours / Ovation Travel Experiences
www.etstours.com www.ovationtravel.ca
forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154672&pagenumber=6

I posted several days back there would not be a second show, and several people (quite understandably) wouldn't believe me since I could not prove it to their satisfaction. I have a friend on the crew and he was told (I believe on Feb. 7) there would only be one show. At this point in time it is a dead issue according to him. So let's worry about planning our trips and enjoying the last show of the tour,
launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006/message/1927

Oh, Sorry guys. I forgot to let you all know that. I sat with the Don and the rest of the ETS boys on Satuday night in the bar yapping for about 3 hrs and Don told me then that there would not be a second show.
forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154672&perpage=15&pagenumber=7

Yesterday in Sao Paulo, just before they opened the gates, I saw Craig Evans, the representative from TNA who travels with the band. I´ve spoken to him sveral times over the course of the tour and he confirmed to me that there will be no second show. He said they had considered it originally but had decided against it.

TM's seating chart clearly shows how they have pushed the stage back...:(

It's GA for me for sure now...I promise not to start the line on thursday:wink:

If anyone is interested in learning more about Hawaii and our history this is a great store to check out, owned by native Hawaiians (friends of mine)
http://www.nativebookshawaii.com

I just compared the TM seating chart to the original chart we already have on the yahoo photo page. It looks the same to me.

yea, my bad..you're right trev. I've been looking at to many charts. I was on the fence for seats or GA so I guess my brain just imagined it being "really far away" from my orange EE seats. Sorry about that.

mobaby said:
yea, my bad..you're right trev. I've been looking at to many charts. I was on the fence for seats or GA so I guess my brain just imagined it being "really far away" from my orange EE seats. Sorry about that.

totally understandable especially since no one other than the promoters know what the hell is going on, lots of speculation about seating, tickets, etc. but no one knows

We do know there is only one show.:wink:

Well, not like I have been getting wasted, taking pictures with strangers and giving strip shows in the middle of the street in winter or anything. More like making sure I have a couple every weekend to make sure I don't get rusty... :D

Drunk Miroslava = sleepy
Tipsy Miroslava = much more fun

bfloxng said:

Don't make me post the Portland videos of you signing onto the microphone and "dancing" on camera :shame:

I have the Ultraviolet one right here :hmm:

ETA: Oh.my.god. I had forgotten how freaking priceless this was :lmao: I may just have to make an MP3 tonight. :love:

Last edited:
I can't believe GAs are still available on ticketmaster right now. :ohmy:

It's been days since the release of the extra tickets.

ramblin rose said:
Rocko has a mp3 up on his site. I haven't listened to it but it's called Road Rage. The lyrics look interesting. :wink:

http://www.rockoandthedevils.com/mp3/MP3.htm

I downloaded the song - very fun

I have a feeling this show is going to be so much fun :hyper:

more from Rocko
Hello from Rocko in Santiago, Chile!!! We have the first actual "DAY OFF" since we started 2 weeks ago with the 4th leg of the U2 Vertigo Tour. It has been challenging; as always with a show this size, but has paid off in some of the best shows I have ever seen them play! Well... we finally did it... we have put one of Rocko and the Devils first songs up on the site here. Please go check it out and let us know what you think. And most of all I want to thank everyone who has put comments here in our guestbook. At the end of a long day when I am completely soaked in dirt and sweat it brings a smile to my face when I come here and see a new message from someone. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Love - Rocko

So who with presale tix is still missing them? I suppose I am going to have to call them tomorrow, I am over it. :mad:

Oh man, this song is great! I love the lyrics. So much anger! You think one of them has had bad experiences on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom