Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zargo said:
Ok, the local Oahu news station (channel 4) just did a report on the U2 concert and ticket sales. Basically stated that there was 200 tickets left and the local promotor of the concert, Clear Water, will announce details on the POSSIBILITY of a second concert on Monday or Tuesday.

The news reporter sounded very optimistic when speaking about the second show.

Excellent, thanks for the update.

That 200 ticket number is bogus, I think. They said that four hours ago. Plus, anyone can still pull up 4 consecutive Yellow level tickets near the middle, plus lots of singles in the lower levels.

It's probably more like 2000 tickets are left, but don't tell anyone.

I'm not worried, though. Neither of the Oakland shows were even close to selling out until about a week before the actual gigs, when suddenly everyone wanted to go see U2. I guess lots of normal people decide to go to these shows in the last minute.

OK then, Monday morning it is...

Last edited:
WildHoneyAlways said:
:scream: peer pressure!!!

:evil:

think of the fun

I'm sure we'll all go out and drink many rum like drinks at least one night

and then there is the issue of it being
the.last.show.of.the.tour.

I bet there will be cabana boys :hmm:

Hey man, the peer pressure has me 98% convinced that I'm gonna go. :wink:

Nah, it's my own craziness that wants me to go. I got to talk to my best friend for only 5 minutes tonight, so we'll talk about her coming to the concert when we have lunch tomorrow. That will be full of peer pressure. She's coming, damnit!!

Carek1230 said:

CLEAR WATER????!!!!!

:eeklaugh: :eeklaugh:

:lmao:

Sorry, Clear Channel Entertainment. I just got back from swimming at Kailua Beach so I must still have water on my mind. :wink:

Last edited:
WildHoneyAlways said:

That's the thing. I could only stay for the show. (friday-sunday) I don't have the days off. :(

we can always have rum infused drinks while waiting in line

call in sick :evil: at least on Thurs-Mon

WildHoneyAlways said:

That's the thing. I could only stay for the show. (friday-sunday) I don't have the days off. :(
i'll see how flights look for ya :wink: and really, i'm only there the 6th to the 10th, so not a very long trip for me, either :(
edited to add:

:uhoh:

flights are not very cheap from StL :sad: have any freq. flyer miles burning a hole through your pocket?

nurse chrissi said:

nothing like a transatlantic call in :lol:

They better let me use my 2 personal days. :madwife: If they do.....

Hey! I have to check when "black friday" is. That's the day they have to tell you if you are not going to be rehired by. It might be in March....

Damn you people!! :scream:

ruffian said:

i'll see how flights look for ya :wink: and really, i'm only there the 6th to the 10th, so not a very long trip for me, either :(
edited to add:

:uhoh:

flights are not very cheap from StL :sad: have any freq. flyer miles burning a hole through your pocket?

they suck for sure - Leah would be going through Chicago and its not much better

WildHoneyAlways said:

They better let me use my 2 personal days. :madwife: If they do.....

Hey! I have to check when "black friday" is. That's the day they have to tell you if you are not going to be rehired by. It might be in March....

Damn you people!! :scream:

LOL we have one of those too! And what's funny is our contracts for the upcoming year are delivered during Spring Break, when the administration building is shut down--I'm sure so you don't get any big ideas about driving your car through the front doors.

Zargo said:

Sorry, Clear Channel Entertainment. I just got back from swimming at Kailua Beach so I must still water on my mind. :wink:

Oh whew....well I wasn't laughing at you....I figured it was the newscaster who made that error and was laughinf at that. No biggie.....it's all good! :hug:

nurse chrissi said:

they suck for sure - Leah would be going through Chicago and its not much better

duh! sorry--i just mailed a package to her yesterday and here i've forgotten where she lives :reject:

right now about $518 :(

I got $330 from Cincinnati on Northwest, but it was a sale...but keep an eye out. Prices often drop for periods of time. Mondays and Tuesdays are the best days to airfare shop!

Lila64 said:
ATA from Calif last week (4/6-4/12) was about $400 RT :shrug:
not bad! travelocity.com doesn't include ATA in the search...and check out aloha air. i know they had $315 from Oakland.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Okay. Fine. You guys have talked me into looking into it. :grumpy: Saturdays are bad days to check airfare.

peer presure is good :evil:

it's like a bad after school special the "because of peer pressure I ended up at a u2 show in Hawaii" kind

don't you want to come and get as burnt as these two?

6002725c.jpg

wonders if Edge has a beanie line :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom