Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Thanks for the info

Sash603 said:
Anyone have an answer on the child part?

I think there are a number of ways to answer this.

We've brought kids to 5 shows, either in seats, or if GA, we were in the ellipse. This is of course is more protected than GA in a stadium. Here, GA will be more of an endurance event. I'm not sure a 6 1/2 yr old will be up for the all day event, so I would recommend seats. The nice thing about seats is you can relax, you have a place that is your own, and the child can actually stand on the seat to see better. None of this is true with GA. My 2 cents...

But overall, taking kids to show is great. We've enjoyed the entire experience, and its great being able to share it.

Last edited:
Another tip

If you are going to use orbitz go directly to the airlines website after getting info. You will save on the fee and if anything should arise airlines weigh heavier on their own passengers than ones from priceline, travelocity, orbitz and such . And don't forget yoru frequent flyer cards.

Re: Another tip

Sash603 said:
If you are going to use orbitz go directly to the airlines website after getting info. You will save on the fee and if anything should arise airlines weigh heavier on their own passengers than ones from priceline, travelocity, orbitz and such . And don't forget yoru frequent flyer cards.
Just sent you an email regarding tix.

u2rmw said he has 24 Hawaii GAs.

Um, so I guess he's going :shrug:

He might not have time to film anything, though, he might be too busy trying to unload his two dozen rare tickets :uhoh:

Last edited:
Thank you for the kid advice

At that point it comes down to money as well though too. at 165 plus fees it is kind of extreme and undoable to take her.

Harmony airways has pretty good prices and they fly direct from Vancouver to Honolulu. Just a thought.

anyone using southwest for airlines?
I'll be buying the tickets later this week and they are the cheapest by about 100

I'm actually interested to meet u2rmw - seems, well, interesting

Well, Hawaii tickets have been on sale now for almost 6.5 hours, and still no sell-out.

Lots of Yellow section seats still available at the bargain price of $95, plus fees.

What can we do to get a second show added?

Hopefully, U2rmw is gonna buy 24 Yellow seats, too, tell him he can have a whole section to himself so nobody's head gets in the way when he's filming

Chrisedge said:
Well, I bought 4 GA's with really no hope of going. (Unless I have a different job by April)

I would love to go, and I could make the 9th if they do that show.

I will be in Montreal, Canada on up until Noon on the 8th. Anyone wanna figure out how I could be in Hawaii by showtime? LOL. (I could bail out of Montreal early that morning, but that is the earliest.

How's about this one?

Carrier Flight
Number Departing Arriving Aircraft
Type
City Date & Time City Date & Time

AMERICAN AIRLINES
OPERATED BY AMERICAN EAGLE 4427 YUL Montreal 04/08/2006 06:10 AM ORD Chicago 04/08/2006 07:31 AM ER4

AMERICAN AIRLINES
1487 ORD Chicago 04/08/2006 09:25 AM LAX Los Angeles 04/08/2006 11:53 AM M80

AMERICAN AIRLINES
283 LAX Los Angeles 04/08/2006 12:45 PM HNL Honolulu/ Oahu 04/08/2006 03:23 PM 763

Fare SummaryHelp
Average Fare per Person - 689.95 USD
Passenger Type Used in Pricing Fare per Person Additional Taxes and Fees per Person Total Price
1 Adult
689.95 USD
67.60 USD
757.55 USD
Total Price 757.55 USD

faithingrace said:
I just pulled up a single orange section K, looks like there won't be round 2. :(

Section K is a rotten section, though, it's way off to the side of the stage, Edgeside.

That Ticketmaster seating chart for U2 is deceiving.

Look at the seating chart for football instead.

Check where Section K really is... assuming the stage is at the 50-yard line, Section K is in the far corner. That's probably why no one has bought it, yet.

Unless they can somehow move all those side sections F thru K over so they're flush with the endzone sections, like it shows on the U2 seating chart, I don't know if they can do that.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic regarding a second show, hope sometimes clouds my better judgement :shrug:

Last edited:
4U2Play said:

Section K is a rotten section, though, it's way off to the side of the stage, Edgeside.

That Ticketmaster seating chart for U2 is deceiving.

Look at the seating chart for football instead.

But it's not the football configuration. It's the baseball configuration for the concert. The stadium stands are movable.

Check the web for the Aloha Stadium website. I'm too new, can't post the URL.

ArizonaGuy said:

But it's not the football configuration. It's the baseball configuration for the concert. The stadium stands are movable.

Check the web for the Aloha Stadium website. I'm too new, can't post the URL.

OK, cool, thanks for the info.

That's pretty amazing they built it that way so many years ago...

OK, nevermind, Section K kicks ass.

Somebody buy it, fer chrissakes!!

Here's a link describing how they can move the grandstands around:

http://www.sfo.com/~csuppes/NCAA/WAC/index.htm?Hawaii/index.htm

Last edited:
On second thought, here's a link showing Aloha Stadium in its concert/baseball configuration:

http://www.gregvaughn.com/Hawaii/Oahu/images/1135-0122.jpg

The sections in the corners look pretty far away from where the stage is going to be, which looks to be somewhere in centerfield.

If there are a bunch of amp stacks on the stage, that could block the views, too.

We need a local to give us the low-down on Aloha.

GA looks like the only way to go.

No wonder U2rmw bought 24 of them, he's no dummy

Last edited:
dalfan - in response to your question in another thread, we've never met. I never travelled out of town to see U2. At least not til April

28_1_15.gif

Lila64 said:
if we all bought 24 and kept them to ourselves, there'd be more room on the field for us to par-tay :dance:

Wow, that's a great idea, I'm not kidding... kind of like U2rmw buying up a whole section for himself so he can film everything in peace.

Let's see, 24 x $59 = $1416 only

OK, 15,000 GAs divided by 24 = 625 people

Holy crap, can you imagine if there were only 625 of us on the field! That would totally rule!!

Bono would definitely see our signs this time.

I say we should do it

Maybe we could sell cupcakes and raffle off some of our U2 stuff to raise money for it.

Or maybe just skip the rent payment in April, it'll be worth it

Last edited:
Re: hmmmm

Sash603 said:
I must really be a horrible parent. First asking about bringing a kid to a rock concert then advising on how not to get caught with weed. Not that I do that. Ok, maybe on rare occasions:)

NO! You are not a horrible parent OR a horrible person! There are many folks out there who have done it on occasion.

Well, some....:ohmy:

:shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom