Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miroslava

ONE love, blood, life
It is confirmed!!

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1866

Vertigo 06 For Santiago and Honolulu

U2 will head to Chile next month and then to Hawai in April. These are the latest dates to be announced for Vertigo '06 and tickets for both shows go on sale later this week.

The band will play at the Nacional Stadium in Santiago on February 26th with tickets going onsale this Wednesday.

And they will play the Aloha Stadium, in Honolulu, Hawaii on April 8th with tickets on sale from this Saturday.

As soon as we have prices and ticket-sale links for these shows we'll bring them to you.

This will be the first time the band have played in Chile since February 1998 and the PopMart Tour. And it is twenty years since the band last played Hawai, on The Unforgettable Fire Tour way back in March 1985.

http://forum.interference.com/t151332.html
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Jan/04/br/br07p.html

List of those Interferencers confirmed as going:

AgentMissa
Allidreamsoutloud
arw9797
bfloxng
Bonoisagod
Bort269
Carek1230
CarmelU2fan
Catlady
Eep
Gorman
Kariann
KellyAhern
Lila64 & Maddy
Miroslava
MTEdge
mrpoptop
Nightsong
Nurse Chrissi
Pop Artist
R8drgurl
Ramblin Rose
Ruffian
skjuls
Trevster2k
Tryan101 (and clan!)
U2forlife
u2zootvfan
Weinerdog

If you wish to be added to the list, please say so :D

Prior threads here:

http://forum.interference.com/t151372.html
http://forum.interference.com/t151372.html

Last edited:
:uhoh:

I shall thread lightly then... just watch out though, I wear skanky tops to concerts :flirt:

:lmao:

Miroslava said:

I shall thread lightly then... just watch out though, I wear skanky tops to concerts :flirt:

I'm a bit confused - is there any other type of top to wear to a concert other than a boob shirt? :scratch:

Apparently there's also the alternative of going straight into the show with your GA line gear... Someone should have told me that for Cleveland... I stupidly went and changed when I could have gone in with 2 layers of thermal clothing a velour track suit, 2 ponytails and a beanie...

Why did I even bother changing? :tsk:

I have been thinking that a whole bunch of us should don grass skirts and leis with bikini tops (well some of us) and whatcha wanna bet we'll get noticed? Who needs signs? :wink:

Carek1230 said:
I have been thinking that a whole bunch of us should don grass skirts and leis with bikini tops (well some of us) and whatcha wanna bet we'll get noticed? Who needs signs? :wink:

Hmmm yeah, no. I am out of that fan action. :happy:

One thing I just noticed about the announcement... it does not say that Honolulu is the last Vertigo 06 stop. Let the conspiracy theorists loose! :wink: Was U2.com being intentional or was U2.com simply being U2.com? You decide! :lol:

BTW, I like the grass skirts, leis, and bikini tops idea. :drool:

Miroslava said:
Apparently there's also the alternative of going straight into the show with your GA line gear... Someone should have told me that for Cleveland... I stupidly went and changed when I could have gone in with 2 layers of thermal clothing a velour track suit, 2 ponytails and a beanie...

Why did I even bother changing? :tsk:

:hmm: too true - I looked like I was about to rob a bank with all of the black I had on. I ran to a Kinkos to print off everyone's u2 fan club information and I do believe I scared most of the employees and customers in the place (but I got a computer pretty fast:D )

I have a closet full of the boob shirts but I think that going to a concert in Hawaii calls for new tropical ones :hyper:

nurse chrissi said:

:hmm: too true - I looked like I was about to rob a bank with all of the black I had on. I ran to a Kinkos to print off everyone's u2 fan club information and I do believe I scared most of the employees and customers in the place (but I got a computer pretty fast:D )

I did too... and with my cell phone ring tone being Mission Impossible... :lmao:

Oh, and I was thinking of wearing a turtleneck for Hawaii... I don't like being thought of as a skank just cause of the shirts I wear :sad:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:

Oh, and I was thinking of weating a turtleneck for Hawaii... I don't like being thought of as a skank just cause of the shirts I wear :sad:

You are NOT a skank, my dear, far from it, and forget the turtleneck, no no in Hawaii......Chrissi said it best, we need to find shirts with a more tropical flavor! :wink:

Miroslava said:

I did too... and with my cell phone ring tone being Mission Impossible... :lmao:

Oh, and I was thinking of weating a turtleneck for Hawaii... I don't like being thought of as a skank just cause of the shirts I wear :sad:

I wore a black turtleneck/pants for Boston...Adam didn't mind. :wink:

AdamMeBoston12-5-05small.jpg

AdamMyHand12-5-05small.jpg

Miroslava said:

Oh, and I was thinking of wearing a turtleneck for Hawaii... I don't like being thought of as a skank just cause of the shirts I wear :sad:

I fully support your right to wear whatever skanky top you feel the desire to.:wink:

Miroslava said:

:lmao:

yay for skanky tops!

aww, i'm getting nostaligic for those threads :sad: maybe we'll get lucky and people will get busy posting while we're away...

ruffian said:

yay for skanky tops!

aww, i'm getting nostaligic for those threads :sad: maybe we'll get lucky and people will get busy posting while we're away...

I :heart: skank tops - what fun is it being a girl if you can't wear skanky tops

I had thought that my top I wore in STL was demure but apparently a friend who unbeknownst to me was sitting behind the stage said since I was pressed up against the rail my top turned into a dramatic boob shirt :reject:

:D

Just booked flight and hotel-staying at the Ohana Maile Sky Court too-best deal in town :)

Now all that's left is to figure out a suitable sacrifice to make to the ticket gods!

In case that fails, ETS now has an active waiting list for this show.

:lol:

See, my Cleveland top was rather demure too BEFORE the show and between the lenght of the straps getting longer from jumping up and down against the rail and then some Irish dude resting his head against it and pulling down :yikes:

So hmm yeah, turtleneck

:wink:

ruffian said:

yay for skanky tops!

:lmao: well, since i decided i'm not going to Hawaii, i'll be here to defend your honor in the event another dancing-girls-are-all-skanky-biotches thread pops up! :happy: :wink:

Nightsong said:
Just booked flight and hotel-staying at the Ohana Maile Sky Court too-best deal in town :)

Now all that's left is to figure out a suitable sacrifice to make to the ticket gods!

That makes 3 rooms booked at that hotel :D

I have not figured out where I am staying after the 10th though :hmm:

*Ally* said:

:lmao: well, since i decided i'm not going to Hawaii, i'll be here to defend your honor in the event another dancing-girls-are-all-skanky-biotches thread pops up! :happy: :wink:

i'm sorry you aren't going to Hawaii...that sucks :(

thank god i'm not a dancing girl...can't imagine how bad it would be in that case. but i'm honored i can be a skank on the rail, at least :wink:

U2Girl1978 said:

I would be able to go but I wouldn't be able to take my boyfriend. :( I really want him to go with me. But the expenses are way too much. I'm going to have to do more research.

ditch him! There'll be enough interferencers there for you :wink:
:whistle:

and ETS already has a waiting list? Or was that just your backup plan Nightsong? :scratch:

edited: Went to ETS site and saw that you can sign up on waiting list. THanks for the heads up (although I've used them before and did sign up for information...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom