Hartford--who's going?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amerrydeath

War Child
A bunch of my friends and I are doing GA--will any of you be there? We're skipping school and leaving Boston before the sun rises to get a good place in line.

Anyone know anything about the Civic Center/the area? I might take a trip down there this weekend to check it out. Any GA line experiences (wristbands like Boston or all-day wait?) from Elevation?

We're SO excited. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Man, I wish I could get there, I dont have a ticket though :( - Willing to buy your extra GA MTEdge

We're probably going to have an extra GA ticket, too. Just have to figure out if one person is coming or not.

I am in the nose-bleeds for 7 December, but I cannot wait nonetheless. The OOTS iPod ad gets me :drool: every time!

The Civic Center is still a concrete-encased tomb, but they are trying to improve it by adding shops, condos, etc. I haven't been down there in 2 years, so I'm not the best person for advise on where to "warm up":wink:

HARTFORD NIGHTLIFE

HARTFORD IS STARTING TO REBUILD IT'S DOWNTOWN WITH HIGHRISE APARTMENTS, HOTELS, AND LUXURY CONDO'S. DOWNTOWN IS THE SAFEST PART OF THE CITY. THERE IS CONSTRUCTION GOING ON AROUND THE CIVIC CENTER FOR NEW BUSINESS AND SHOPS. IT'S VACANT BECAUSE IT'S NOT QUITE READY FOR OCCUPANCY.JUST DON'T WANDER NORTH OF I-84 WHICH IS TWO BLOCKS NORTH OF THE CIVIC CENTER AND DON'T PASS THE BUS STATION, WHICH IS THREE BLOCKS WEST OF THE CIVIC CENTER. A NEW IRISH BAR DOWNTOWN NAMED VAUGHN'S IS HAVING A U2 COVER BAND BEFORE AND AFTER THE SHOW CALLED 2U. THIS IS LOCATED ON PRATT STREET, MAYBE 300 FEET FROM THE CIVIC CENTER. MCKINNON'S IRISH PUB LOCATED ON THE CORNER OF TRUMBULL AND ASYLUM STREET IS OWNED BY ONE OF THE BIGGEST U2 FANS AROUND. THEY HAVE A RADIO STATION EVENT GOING ON THERE BEFORE THE SHOW STARTING AT 4 PM. PARKING ON THE STREET IS FREE AFTER 4:30 PM.DOWNTOWN. ANYTIME BEFORE THAT BE SURE TO PUT MONEY IN THE METER. WATCH OUT FOR POLICE TOWING VEHICLES ON PEARL STREET BETWEEN 3 AND 6 PM. THERE WILL BE GRIDLOCK AROUND RUSH HOUR.

What is everyones gut feeling about a day of show ticket drop - and what insane hour of the day should you get on line to give yourself a good chance???

Re: HARTFORD NIGHTLIFE

FIREDOG said:
HARTFORD IS STARTING TO REBUILD IT'S DOWNTOWN WITH HIGHRISE APARTMENTS, HOTELS, AND LUXURY CONDO'S. DOWNTOWN IS THE SAFEST PART OF THE CITY. THERE IS CONSTRUCTION GOING ON AROUND THE CIVIC CENTER FOR NEW BUSINESS AND SHOPS. IT'S VACANT BECAUSE IT'S NOT QUITE READY FOR OCCUPANCY.JUST DON'T WANDER NORTH OF I-84 WHICH IS TWO BLOCKS NORTH OF THE CIVIC CENTER AND DON'T PASS THE BUS STATION, WHICH IS THREE BLOCKS WEST OF THE CIVIC CENTER. A NEW IRISH BAR DOWNTOWN NAMED VAUGHN'S IS HAVING A U2 COVER BAND BEFORE AND AFTER THE SHOW CALLED 2U. THIS IS LOCATED ON PRATT STREET, MAYBE 300 FEET FROM THE CIVIC CENTER. MCKINNON'S IRISH PUB LOCATED ON THE CORNER OF TRUMBULL AND ASYLUM STREET IS OWNED BY ONE OF THE BIGGEST U2 FANS AROUND. THEY HAVE A RADIO STATION EVENT GOING ON THERE BEFORE THE SHOW STARTING AT 4 PM. PARKING ON THE STREET IS FREE AFTER 4:30 PM.DOWNTOWN. ANYTIME BEFORE THAT BE SURE TO PUT MONEY IN THE METER. WATCH OUT FOR POLICE TOWING VEHICLES ON PEARL STREET BETWEEN 3 AND 6 PM. THERE WILL BE GRIDLOCK AROUND RUSH HOUR.

lay off the caps lock, brother

I will be there, just wish I could get to the CC in time to potentially catch their arrival. I just saw the Boston IV set list. So happy to see UTEOTW. God, I hope they play Gloria for us. And Fast Cars.

sweetie said:
I heard that the Civic Center is a lot smaller than the sprawling Fleet Center/TD Banknorth Garden in Boston. Yay!

Yes, ma'am. The Civic Center concert capacity is usually less than 17,000. Nice and cozy as arenas go!

Back
Top Bottom