Hartford--who's going? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Tour Dates
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 06:05 PM
Hartford--who's going?

A bunch of my friends and I are doing GA--will any of you be there? We're skipping school and leaving Boston before the sun rises to get a good place in line.

Anyone know anything about the Civic Center/the area? I might take a trip down there this weekend to check it out. Any GA line experiences (wristbands like Boston or all-day wait?) from Elevation?

We're SO excited.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:04 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Re: Hartford--who's going?

Quote:
Originally posted by amerrydeath
Anyone know anything about the Civic Center/the area?
Bring a bullet-proof vest.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:49 PM   #3
Refugee

I hope to make it. Have a big work deadline on 12/8 though. I might have an extra GA as well.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:19 AM   #4
Babyface

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Man, I wish I could get there, I dont have a ticket though - Willing to buy your extra GA MTEdge
Old 11-29-2005, 01:04 AM   #5
War Child

We're probably going to have an extra GA ticket, too. Just have to figure out if one person is coming or not.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:41 AM   #6
Refugee

A group of us are coming down from Boston - we have seats though. Loge on Edge's side - on the corner - I forget the section#. We're hoping to maybe see them go into soundcheck - if we can find the right entrance.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:57 AM   #7
War Child

I am in the nose-bleeds for 7 December, but I cannot wait nonetheless. The OOTS iPod ad gets me every time!

The Civic Center is still a concrete-encased tomb, but they are trying to improve it by adding shops, condos, etc. I haven't been down there in 2 years, so I'm not the best person for advise on where to "warm up"
Old 11-29-2005, 10:40 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'll be in GA!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 09:25 PM   #9
Babyface

HARTFORD NIGHTLIFE

HARTFORD IS STARTING TO REBUILD IT'S DOWNTOWN WITH HIGHRISE APARTMENTS, HOTELS, AND LUXURY CONDO'S. DOWNTOWN IS THE SAFEST PART OF THE CITY. THERE IS CONSTRUCTION GOING ON AROUND THE CIVIC CENTER FOR NEW BUSINESS AND SHOPS. IT'S VACANT BECAUSE IT'S NOT QUITE READY FOR OCCUPANCY.JUST DON'T WANDER NORTH OF I-84 WHICH IS TWO BLOCKS NORTH OF THE CIVIC CENTER AND DON'T PASS THE BUS STATION, WHICH IS THREE BLOCKS WEST OF THE CIVIC CENTER. A NEW IRISH BAR DOWNTOWN NAMED VAUGHN'S IS HAVING A U2 COVER BAND BEFORE AND AFTER THE SHOW CALLED 2U. THIS IS LOCATED ON PRATT STREET, MAYBE 300 FEET FROM THE CIVIC CENTER. MCKINNON'S IRISH PUB LOCATED ON THE CORNER OF TRUMBULL AND ASYLUM STREET IS OWNED BY ONE OF THE BIGGEST U2 FANS AROUND. THEY HAVE A RADIO STATION EVENT GOING ON THERE BEFORE THE SHOW STARTING AT 4 PM. PARKING ON THE STREET IS FREE AFTER 4:30 PM.DOWNTOWN. ANYTIME BEFORE THAT BE SURE TO PUT MONEY IN THE METER. WATCH OUT FOR POLICE TOWING VEHICLES ON PEARL STREET BETWEEN 3 AND 6 PM. THERE WILL BE GRIDLOCK AROUND RUSH HOUR.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:43 PM   #10
Acrobat

What is everyones gut feeling about a day of show ticket drop - and what insane hour of the day should you get on line to give yourself a good chance???
Old 12-02-2005, 09:08 AM   #11
The Fly

Local Time: 03:05 PM
Re: HARTFORD NIGHTLIFE

Quote:
Originally posted by FIREDOG
HARTFORD IS STARTING TO REBUILD IT'S DOWNTOWN WITH HIGHRISE APARTMENTS, HOTELS, AND LUXURY CONDO'S. DOWNTOWN IS THE SAFEST PART OF THE CITY. THERE IS CONSTRUCTION GOING ON AROUND THE CIVIC CENTER FOR NEW BUSINESS AND SHOPS. IT'S VACANT BECAUSE IT'S NOT QUITE READY FOR OCCUPANCY.JUST DON'T WANDER NORTH OF I-84 WHICH IS TWO BLOCKS NORTH OF THE CIVIC CENTER AND DON'T PASS THE BUS STATION, WHICH IS THREE BLOCKS WEST OF THE CIVIC CENTER. A NEW IRISH BAR DOWNTOWN NAMED VAUGHN'S IS HAVING A U2 COVER BAND BEFORE AND AFTER THE SHOW CALLED 2U. THIS IS LOCATED ON PRATT STREET, MAYBE 300 FEET FROM THE CIVIC CENTER. MCKINNON'S IRISH PUB LOCATED ON THE CORNER OF TRUMBULL AND ASYLUM STREET IS OWNED BY ONE OF THE BIGGEST U2 FANS AROUND. THEY HAVE A RADIO STATION EVENT GOING ON THERE BEFORE THE SHOW STARTING AT 4 PM. PARKING ON THE STREET IS FREE AFTER 4:30 PM.DOWNTOWN. ANYTIME BEFORE THAT BE SURE TO PUT MONEY IN THE METER. WATCH OUT FOR POLICE TOWING VEHICLES ON PEARL STREET BETWEEN 3 AND 6 PM. THERE WILL BE GRIDLOCK AROUND RUSH HOUR.
lay off the caps lock, brother
Old 12-06-2005, 08:10 PM   #12
LDG
The Fly

I will be there, just wish I could get to the CC in time to potentially catch their arrival. I just saw the Boston IV set list. So happy to see UTEOTW. God, I hope they play Gloria for us. And Fast Cars.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #13
The Fly

I'll be there, don't know how early I'll make it to the GA line though.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:05 AM   #14
Refugee

I heard that the Civic Center is a lot smaller than the sprawling Fleet Center/TD Banknorth Garden in Boston. Yay!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:45 AM   #15
LDG
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by sweetie
I heard that the Civic Center is a lot smaller than the sprawling Fleet Center/TD Banknorth Garden in Boston. Yay!
Yes, ma'am. The Civic Center concert capacity is usually less than 17,000. Nice and cozy as arenas go!