Great new for Aussies! U2 is DEFINITELY coming your way!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Just saw this article on NME.com today and so Aussie can relax and start saving now for their visit!

"WHEN U2 COME TO TOWN - OFFICIALLY!"

U2’s manager has confirmed the band will tour next year – but is still urging fans not to try to get tickets until they go on sale officially.

The band release their new album 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' next month (November 22), preceded by a single, 'Vertigo' on November 8.

Huge stadium shows in Dublin (Croke Park, June 26-27), London (Twickenham Park, July 2) and Paris’ Stade De France (early July, 2005) have long been rumoured – with one online ticket shop selling tickets for the dates last week.

Now, the band’s manager has confirmed the tour will take place next year, and has revealed where it will visit.

He told the band’s official website: "We are still very much in the planning stages of our tour for next year which will visit the US, Canada, Europe, Japan and Australia and the band is really looking forward to getting out on the road.

"As soon as we have finalised the plans, the tour will be announced and purchase instructions will be clearly available. Nothing is confirmed until the official tour announcement, no tickets will be on sale until after this time."

cheers

dougal

what? only one show in England? :mad: was hoping for at least a 3-4 night run! Bloody stadiums again! was hoping for arenas like earls court again was better then any U2 stadium show I been to! Ok guess not all dates are confirmed yet!

I'll think that U2 will play England 4 or maybe 6 times :drool:
(see at Zooropa Tour '93 & Elevation Tour '01)

does anyone know if the melbourne concerts will be held at the melbourne cricket ground again. i hope so cos last time i went - not pop tour - the one before, it was great. just wanted to know because they are renovating it for the commonwealth games in 2006 and some of the stands are missing.

American here making the trip to Australia. What is the travel time between Melbourne and Sydney?

cmb737 said:
American here making the trip to Australia. What is the travel time between Melbourne and Sydney?

If I remember correctly, it's about 8.5-10 hours, depending on how fast you drive.

It is good that they are doing 4 shows in Melobourne. It means that I probably won't miss out on tickets. But I must say if I lived in Adelaide or Perth I would be pissed.
But it is good for me. I live in Victoria and will be able to go to my first ever U2 concert.

Back
Top Bottom