Glendale Arena Info Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnCash

The Fly
If there are any Phoenix residents on the board, could someone help out a guy who doesn't know much about Phoenix?

I know it is a relatively new venue: what is the area nearby like?

Anyone stood in a GA line there? What's the layout/protocol like?

Food nearby? Etc.

Glendale Arena is pretty new - I don't think it was up and running the last time U2 played here in 2001 (they played America West Arena), so there are no GA line stories to tell. It's on the outskirts of Phoenix in the West Valley. The surrounding area is still being developed for the most part - not much around it besides newer neighborhoods and the soon-to-be Arizona Cardinals stadium being built. Just assume going anywhere nearby would require a vehicle - nothing is really in walking distance. The GA line experience will all be new this time around (I'll be there, can't wait).

How about public transport ? Assuming that the show ends at 11pm, will there still be buses/cabs available in the vicinity ? I will be flying in from SFO in the afternoon of the 14th just to watch and will catch the first fligh out (around 630am) at the Phoenix Int'l. so I really need to know if my only choice is a rent-a-car.

hey everyone,
there is some discussion of this under fan gatherings--a phoenix thread, actually. i'm interested in finding people to share a hotel and possibly even rental car. you can email me if you like: ruffian@u2email.com

I just found a cheap place to stay 3.8 miles (according to mapquest) from Glendale arena. $39 a night for a room with one queen bed:

Homestead Suites
2102 West Dunlap Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85021
602-944-7828

ruffian said:
I just found a cheap place to stay 3.8 miles (according to mapquest) from Glendale arena. $39 a night for a room with one queen bed:

Homestead Suites
2102 West Dunlap Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85021
602-944-7828

Just be careful if you're staying there. 21st Ave/Dunlap is not a very nice part of town.

Hey, U2ITNOL, could you tell me what kind of area this Days Inn is in?

Phoenix-Days Inn Interstate Highway 10 West
1550 52nd Drive
Phoenix, AZ, 85043

It's about 7 miles form the venue, West on I-10.

Thnx!

JohnCash said:
Hey, U2ITNOL, could you tell me what kind of area this Days Inn is in?

Phoenix-Days Inn Interstate Highway 10 West
1550 52nd Drive
Phoenix, AZ, 85043

It's about 7 miles form the venue, West on I-10.

Thnx!

That's right off the freeway, so you shouldn't have to worry about driving through any bad neighborhoods.

Back
Top Bottom