front GA and normal GA? or just one big GA for Aust/Nz?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quadcaster

Refugee
hey all

in europe, i remember reading about there being two different kinds of GA: right up front and then just standard GA seperated by a barrier...

will this be in effect here in australia and nz? if so how much of a price gap would there be between the two GA's? and how hard would it be to get front ga's?

cheers all
quad

All GA's will cost the same. The people who show up early enough will get into the front area, once thats full then the rest go behind.

quadcaster said:
what time should one turn up on show day to get right at the front??

impossble to say, i went GA for all of my Euro shows and got into the front area on the rail everytime, i got there at around 7am show day. If you want a rail spot then get there very early, if you want to just get in the front section then be in the first 3000 people. But beware that there will probably be different gates for GA, so not just one queue. I hope for your sakes that it is better organised than some of the shows i went to where they tried lots of different ideas, including selling you wristbands (Manchester 1, luckily I didn't have to buy!), & stamping your hand (pretty easy to rub off or fake).

Depends what level the fever pitch gets to in Australia I guess, anyway, back to the cricket!

Usually they only have gates 5 and 6 open for GA's as that has paths straight down to the level. I think the telstra dome (well when i went to see Robbie) had an 8am policy of not lining up till then, and they ENFORCED IT. They had about 50 security guys walking around telling people to MOVE MOVE!! :madspit:

Also the line wraps around the telstra dome and goes over the bridge heading towards spencer st. I suggest camping out on the side and then arsing it as soon as you can! lol

Who knows...we're totally camping! hahaha

Sydney's easy - as soon as the trains start on the Olympic loop start queueing! About 7-ish I think, but they may ask you to move on for a bit. At the Telstra Dome you can loiter around near the dome for hours if needs be. I suggest breakfast at Victoria Dock! :)

quadcaster said:
hey all

in europe, i remember reading about there being two different kinds of GA: right up front and then just standard GA seperated by a barrier...

will this be in effect here in australia and nz? if so how much of a price gap would there be between the two GA's? and how hard would it be to get front ga's?

cheers all
quad

At the Brussels gig they sold the front GA section as a ticket, I believe everywhere else all the GA was the same (first come first served for the front). The price difference was about 20 euros in Brussels.

Back
Top Bottom