For those going to Sydney I and II...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evieangelique

War Child
First of all I'd love to know who else is going to be here. I just got confirmation this morning that I'll have a GA for Sydney II as well! So excited.

Novotel in Olympic Park has rooms available for $179 per night, 3-person capacity.

http://travel.ticketek.com.au/accom...03-31&CheckOut=2006-04-01&Opt=SYDACNOPSYDRT01

Since it'd be useless for me to try and actually go home before the second concert as I'd have to line up for GA at some ass o'clock hour of the morning on the 1st, perhaps booking a room at the Novotel so we can clean up and get a nap in comfort and stuff might be viable.

Any takers? We have plenty of time to organise. :D

i'd be interested. i wasn't even planning on accommodation, but since people reckon it's impossible to camp out all night there, i might have to think about it. i just don't want to be stuck all the way at the back of GA.

sokki said:
i'd be interested. i wasn't even planning on accommodation, but since people reckon it's impossible to camp out all night there, i might have to think about it. i just don't want to be stuck all the way at the back of GA.

Yeah, I totally hear you. I live on the Northern Beaches and it's hell to get to Olympic park by public transport (which would be my only option if I wanted to get there at the insane hour of morning that I'm shooting for), so to do the trip TWICE would be hellish. And I mean, $179 between three people isn't that much if it means cleaning up properly and getting a nap before the second show, so....:D

you're right. count me in. definitely need a shower :yes:

i'm hoping to be at the venue at the earliest time possible... man i'm excited already!!!

Well im going with my boyfriend and best friend GA for the first show, so it would be cool to meet up and hang out all day as we are planning on getting there as early as possible too! There is also a hotel called Marriott Courtyard in Nth Ryde that you can get triple rooms for $130 a night, you could possibly try them? And they are closer to Olympic Park i think! :) :)

yep, i'll definitely need people to hang out with... i know nobody, and i'm going to sydney alone. been there a few years ago but that was to my uncles house.... with my mum lol.

surely they will up the rates hugely if there is a big event there. i just checked out hotel ibis, one of the cheaper ones in the homebush area and its like $450 per night on the friday and saturday!

bono_man said:
surely they will up the rates hugely if there is a big event there. i just checked out hotel ibis, one of the cheaper ones in the homebush area and its like $450 per night on the friday and saturday!

If we book in advance then surely we can escape the mad rush, I guess. And I'm not picky about what my room looks like, I just want a place to crash :D

$450!!!!!!!!!! that's insane...

i didn't even think about these things i was just caught up in seeing the shows lol... i have to think about melbourne as well. adelaide i think will be ok, i don't live far from aami stadium, even thought i want to camp out anyway.

if anyone needs anyone to hang out with in adelaide, i'm here.

dazzlingamy said:
Well im going with my boyfriend and best friend GA for the first show, so it would be cool to meet up and hang out all day as we are planning on getting there as early as possible too! There is also a hotel called Marriott Courtyard in Nth Ryde that you can get triple rooms for $130 a night, you could possibly try them? And they are closer to Olympic Park i think! :) :)

Novotel is in the actual park itself, and to get the cheapest accomodation I may have to book early or something. Sigh. We'll see what happens, I guess.

evieangelique said:

Novotel is in the actual park itself, and to get the cheapest accomodation I may have to book early or something. Sigh. We'll see what happens, I guess.

i'mback now. i'm a bit drunk.but yeah evie... if it's 179 i'll go with you... if it's 450 or some shit carzy i'll camp out. i wish i could anyway, if it was legal.... how far is it from there to lane cove? i have an uncle that lives there???

I'm coming down from England to catch Sydney1 and Adelaide. I need folks to hang out with/share a hotel.

<Can't believe I got the Mrs to sign off the passport for this trip - fucking amazing>

adrball said:
I'm coming down from England to catch Sydney1 and Adelaide. I need folks to hang out with/share a hotel.

<Can't believe I got the Mrs to sign off the passport for this trip - fucking amazing>

well you can hang out with me!! i'm going to sydney, also i live in adelaide, so that's ok. i don't know if i'm going to camp out or what in adelaide yet, but you could always stay at my house!! i live about 3km away from aami stadium.

Back
Top Bottom