Extra dates added now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Since we have 8 months, do you think they will add anymore dates? I can see adding 3rd show in Melbourne, Sydney, maybe even Auckland. Definitely a 2nd Japan show, maybe a 2nd Hawaii shows, and maybe a Perth show. And what about places like India, Singapore, Thailand, Korea, China? People seem to be putting these countries on their tour schedules a lot anymore.

It is entirely possible that more shows will be added, but if so, they probably will not be announced on the list of new dates that we may get as soon as Tuesday.

Will U2 start working on their new album during all this time off or will they instead wait until after completing the Vertigo tour once and for all?

In 1998, the Rolling Stones pushed back their UK tour dates 10 months due to new tax laws that came into effect after the shows had been scheduled and tickets sold. They had been scheduled for August 1998 to go along with the European leg of their world tour and were changed to June 1999. What they did with all this extra time in between was to schedule a 3 month US tour from January to April 99, which probably would not have existed otherwise, and also added about 5 additional dates in Europe to go along with the UK dates.

U2 had decided to not drag out the Vertigo tour era past April of this year and not going ahead with the US stadium summer dates that they had considered, but as the Vertigo tour now apparently will go until November or December, perhaps they will rethink their intentions and add additional dates somewhere.

I could see them adding some North American summer dates if things go well. Granted, it's just wishful thinking on my part.

retro said:
I could see them adding some North American summer dates if things go well. Granted, it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Yes, that would be nice.:wink:

DignityPassesBy said:
I'd rather them go back to europe than to america

I'm assuming you're european :)

You guys got the stadium tour, North America didn't. I gotta see it! Not that there was anything wrong with the arena version.

Tell ya what, I'll trade you 1 stadium tour for 1 arena tour...and a player to be named later. deal?

U2 will proabably never play China because they support free tibet.

I'm all for U2 adding dates In Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Japan and New Zealand.

How did sales go for Hawaii?

retro said:

You guys got the stadium tour, North America didn't. I gotta see it! Not that there was anything wrong with the arena version.
Tell ya what, I'll trade you 1 stadium tour for 1 arena tour...and a player to be named later. deal?

..You guys got the Arena Tour and Europe didn't ;-)
I'd love to see U2 to play a selection of European cities in august/September/October in order to get in the groove for Australia...
There are a handful of great Arenas within a three hours driving distance and a great number of Arenas within a two hours flying distance...
Besides the US Tour got 70+ shows, Europe only 30+...
I think U2 would be better off in Europe.. :wink:

Bono must be the biggest U2 fan ever! He's been to every single show!

wtonis said:

..You guys got the Arena Tour and Europe didn't ;-)
I'd love to see U2 to play a selection of European cities in august/September/October in order to get in the groove for Australia...
There are a handful of great Arenas within a three hours driving distance and a great number of Arenas within a two hours flying distance...
Besides the US Tour got 70+ shows, Europe only 30+...
I think U2 would be better off in Europe.. :wink:

While it's true that the US got a lot more shows than Europe, the reality is a lot more people in Europe got to see U2 live on this tour by a far margin.

Courtesy of STING2:

Europe total attendance: 1,982,214

North American total attendance (excluding Mexico and the Los Angeles free 3/26/05 tour opener): 1,432,098

Halup said:

While it's true that the US got a lot more shows than Europe, the reality is a lot more people in Europe got to see U2 live on this tour by a far margin.
Courtesy of STING2:
North American total attendance (excluding Mexico and the Los Angeles free 3/26/05 tour opener): 1,432,098

.in attendance numbers you're right, but think of the average 'Eastcoast-U2fan' in the US
Show to choose from in Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, Washington DC in Spring and the same round with multiple shows in Autumn...
..very cool thing to feed the U2-addiction..
We Europeans got two months of shows only..
...ah well, what it all boils down to is that I'd like to have them back playing on European soil....

Halup said:

Courtesy of STING2:

I think that's fair considering we're 2-3 times more people than you are :p

COBL_04 said:
From what I can gather, does this mean the dates have been POSTPONED not CANCELLED? Does anyone know the date of the first Melbourne show?

We have nothing official at this stage....All we know is around November sometime...after all the venues aren't booked out and the road crew can all be gathed.

retro said:

I'm actually australian i just think you got enough shows

Back
Top Bottom