Extra Australian dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

g.u.c

Babyface
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone had heard / read anything about extra Australian dates?

(eg I member reading a while ago of a possible 3rd Sydney date on Monday 13 November).

Cheers.

Yay! Get ready for another scramble for tickets. I suppose there won't be anything done for U2.com members since they got tickets for the first show.

Wooo! This show should have a great set.

Now, I wonder if Melbourne will get a third? :hmm:

Axver, can I ask why you think the set will be different to the first 2 shows? Is there some 3rd show rule they have for sets or something? lol

Personally, I would have thought if they were going to have a better set for any concert over another, it would be for the ones that their fans had been sitting on tickets for for almost a year.

Last edited:
OceanGirl said:
Axver, can I ask why you think the set will be different to the first 2 shows? Is there some 3rd show rule they have for sets or something? lol

Personally, I would have thought if they were going to have a better set for any concert over another, it would be for the ones that their fans had been sitting on tickets for for almost a year.

Go look at U2's touring history. When U2 play 3+ nights in a city, the shows from the third onwards ALWAYS have better sets because the band has been playing the city multiple times and they start to mix things up.

And as a rule, even if there's just two shows in a city, the first is always the one with the standard set as that's the one the media attends, so the band put on their most polished show (i.e. the regular one) and mix it up more from there.

Back
Top Bottom