ETS out of business!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pop Artist

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
@U2 tonight says that ETS has gone out of business, also confirmed by a post on Madonnalicious.com, dated June 20th (ETS had packages for her current tour). Phone is disconnected and e-mail is not being answered. Conflicting info on what to do, Matt at @U2 says sit tight, maybe something will be worked out to fulfill pending shows, Madonnalicious says to dispute with your credit card ASAP, then again she is on tour right now.

I hope it turns out OK for everybody still holding ticket packages for the pending rescheduled dates...

I've been trying to get information on a refund for my New Zealand package for a month now, with no replies to any calls or emails since then. I even filed a report with the Ottawa Better Business Bureau, and they won't even respond to them. More than likely, they'll shut down and resurface somewhere else under another name. :mad: :madspit: :sad:

This sucks, i also trying to get a refund for my new zealand package :mad: I am too late to get a refund from visa also i think...:mad:

Latest from Matt at @U2:

I'm told that ETS has, in fact, closed its doors. I'm also told that other travel-related companies are already trying to help pick up the pieces with Clear Channel Entertainment (tour promoters) to make sure that U2 fans get what they bought for the remaining Vertigo Tour dates. I'm also told that this situation is "probably a small reason" the rescheduled tour dates have not been announced yet. If you're an ETS customer, I would sit tight for now. Make sure you have some kind of proof of purchase and sit tight.

What's that smell? I think it's the faint odor of class-action lawsuit.

I'm not a litigous person by any means. But this shit is unacceptable. You don't just shut your doors and disconnect your phone and not answer emails without making sure your customers are taken care of damnit.

This was posted last night in U2.com's Zootopia by Moderator Zootician:

Re: ETS: Out of business - what to do? [Re: ZOOTVTOURist]
#2657047 - 07/17/06 10:14 PM

Hello

clear channel and all tickets purchased from ETS through U2.com will be taken care of.

Clear Channel have all the names and contact details of these people and details will be given out once the new dates have been announced.

At this time that is all I know

Achtung Ya'll said:
What's that smell? I think it's the faint odor of class-action lawsuit.

I'm not a litigous person by any means. But this shit is unacceptable. You don't just shut your doors and disconnect your phone and not answer emails without making sure your customers are taken care of damnit.

well it looks like this has been taken care by the looks of popartist's most recent post. So no lawsuits needed unless Clear Channel does something *idiotic* :lol: I wouldn't worry too much about it now...

Pop Artist said:
This was posted last night in U2.com's Zootopia by Moderator Zootician:

Re: ETS: Out of business - what to do? [Re: ZOOTVTOURist]
#2657047 - 07/17/06 10:14 PM

Hello

clear channel and all tickets purchased from ETS through U2.com will be taken care of.

Clear Channel have all the names and contact details of these people and details will be given out once the new dates have been announced.

At this time that is all I know

But i bought it directly from Ets and not through U2.com :mad:

Ageeth said:

But i bought it directly from Ets and not through U2.com :mad:

Ya, me too. This is seriously f-kd up. I'll wait until the dates are announced and then start the arduous process of trying to find out whether I still have the tickets.

i think what the jest of the post means is that anyone who bought through u2.com's link to ets will be handled by clear channel, but I am sure those who went directly through ETS will also be handled by Clear Channel..

Don't worry folks you won't be left out with nothing.. For one, that would be numerous lawsuits against ETS or associates. So I am sure that they took care of the legal issues regarding going out of business.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
i think what the jest of the post means is that anyone who bought through u2.com's link to ets will be handled by clear channel, but I am sure those who went directly through ETS will also be handled by Clear Channel..

Don't worry folks you won't be left out with nothing.. For one, that would be numerous lawsuits against ETS or associates. So I am sure that they took care of the legal issues regarding going out of business.

Did anyone take a moment to stop and think that this very issue here could very possibly have had a lot to do with delay in announcing new dates? Legal issues aren't to be taken lightly and knowing U2, they don't want to hurt or disappoint their fans any more. So I for one am hoping that the extra time was used wisely while this ETS thing was ironed out.

Carek1230 said:

Did anyone take a moment to stop and think that this very issue here could very possibly have had a lot to do with delay in announcing new dates? Legal issues aren't to be taken lightly and knowing U2, they don't want to hurt or disappoint their fans any more. So I for one am hoping that the extra time was used wisely while this ETS thing was ironed out.

you know..:scratch: that is a valid point now that you mention it..Certainly a possibility...

btw..Hiya Karen :wave: :hug:

Official news on U2.com now about this as well!

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1971

ETS Travel Packages and Vertigo ‘06

Some of you may have heard that ETS has recently ceased trading.

This is unfortunate news, but we can assure U2 fans who are affected by this that TNA and The Vertigo Tour will step in to honour the obligations made by ETS in relation to the newly revised Vertigo 2006 tour dates.

Arthur Fogel, speaking on behalf of TNA, told U2.Com: "While this is sad news, we hope to avoid disruption to U2 fans, and ETS’s previous commitments to parties, tickets and accommodation will be covered"

TNA are in possession of a list of all U2 fans affected by the closure of ETS and will be contacting those people directly.

Please email etsorders@tnadventure.com to see if you are on the list and someone from TNA will come back to you asap.

Anyone heard back from TNA?? I emailed them on Thursday and haven't heard back yet...just paranoid of me...I'm sure they are tremendously busy right now.

stonecircle said:
Anyone heard back from TNA?? I emailed them on Thursday and haven't heard back yet...just paranoid of me...I'm sure they are tremendously busy right now.

nope nothing yet.. I emailed on friday..

Wow...this made my day...got this email from TNA:

"Hello and thank you for your e-mail, and for your patience.

As the U2 Vertigo tour producer and promoter, we were all disappointed with the closing of ETS and were equally concerned to see that many of U2’s loyal fans could be affected. Fortunately, before their doors closed, we received the complete ETS database containing a detailed listing all of the fans involved and their purchases for each of the postponed shows.

Now that the rescheduled dates have been confirmed, we would like inform you, in conjunction with the wishes of U2, the tour will complete all the obligations and ensure that you receive the full benefit of the package that you have paid for.

To assist us, we would appreciate you sending a return email detailing your purchase/s so that we may have our staff cross check the details against the database. We would also like you to confirm your intentions to join in the festivities at the rescheduled shows or to cancel your order.

We will then be in touch with each one of you to go through the details of your evenings. We are also working on some other special features to thank you for your patience with more details to follow.

Please bear with us for a few more days while we finalize these details and correlate your information but rest assured that we have received your email and will assist you to enjoy these concerts to your full expectations."

WOOHOO!!! This makes me very happy!!!

Back
Top Bottom