Dying to get U2 to Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtung_baby_au

Babyface
Just here to express my bitter disappointment - being a devoted U2 fan since the age of 13 (nearly 20 years) after seeing them in 1989 for When Love Comes to Town and again in 1997 for Popmart - I was bitterly disapointed that Perth will miss out again because there is apparently insufficient time for the band to get their two stages which will be sent to the asia/pacific tour to Perth and then back to the eastern states in time for their concerts.

For once it isn't that Perth didn't have a decent entertainment venue, its the travel time for the stage - for christ sake I'd pay to see them play simply on the stage with no theatrics.... and I know heaps of people that feel the same.

There has to be some way of making this happen. It's complete torture knowing they are going to be in Oz but won't be coming to Perth - its killing me!

Any other Perth people bitterly disappointed? would love to hear from you to find out if you have signed a petition to get U2 to come to Perth Western Australia - I'm still hopeful the band/event organisers will change their mind....

At this rate I'll have to consider going to Adelaide to see them.

Last edited:
achtung_baby_au said:
Just here to express my bitter disappointment - being a devoted U2 fan since the age of 13 (nearly 20 years) after seeing them in 1989 for When Love Comes to Town and again in 1997 for Popmart - I was bitterly disapointed that Perth will miss out again because there is apparently insufficient time for the band to get their two stages which will be sent to the asia/pacific tour to Perth and then back to the eastern states in time for their concerts.

For once it isn't that Perth didn't have a decent entertainment venue, its the travel time for the stage - for christ sake I'd pay to see them play simply on the stage with no theatrics.... and I know heaps of people that feel the same.

There has to be some way of making this happen. It's complete torture knowing they are going to be in Oz but won't be coming to Perth - its killing me!

Any other Perth people bitterly disappointed? would love to hear from you to find out if you have signed a petition to get U2 to come to Perth Western Australia - I'm still hopeful the band/event organisers will change their mind....

At this rate I'll have to consider going to Adelaide to see them.

You're not alone :hug:

Perth fans shouldn't have to travel for the adventure - I mean it would be totally worth it the cost would be insane - I love them - but unless they are coming to Perth - I will probably have to chalk it up as another one that Perth and I miss out on :sad:

While I do totally feel your pain, I'm of the opinion U2 have made a very real comprimise in regards to both Auckland and Adeladie (and to an extent Brisbane). Perth are in a similar boat to those people in Wellington & Christchurch, they've resigned themselves to the fact it isn't going to happen for them, so when it does it is a pleasant suprise.

I totally get the dissapointment for them not coming to your town, but surely it isn't a) hard to realise why, b) book a reasonably cheap fare to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adeladie.

:hug:

Mmm it totally sucks for Perth, but surely being a big fan of theirs, and having at least 4 months till the adelaide date, you can put aside some money to either drive, catch the bus or fly.

I just think to how close we can to missing out completely. Sure their not 5 mins down the road, but it is doable and you can do it, and pretty cheaply too.

99 for GA
200 for the bus
100 for hotel
100 for spending money etc

thats only 500....50 bucks a fortnight for the next four months!

you can do it!!!!! :D :D

I'm disappointed too. If U2 played Perth I could go with a group of my friends. But as I'll be flying to Sydney to see them I'll be with Tania, and Timmie, and Axver, and Earnie, and Downunder, etc. ie none of my friends. :wink:

I would love to see them here but it's not going to happen. I heard U2 had booked Subiaco Oval but Michael Coppel cancelled it as the travel time for the stage was too great. I'm with you. Fancy lights are pretty but not essential. I would rather see U2 with my friends around me in the town I call home . :sad:

What!

I'm not one of your friends :woe:

*Heads off into the sunset, sobbing uncontrollably. Axver, Timmie etc see you soon, buddies, pals, maaattteeesss :up:*

Hmmmpffff, my soul is destroyed Shagalicious :sad:

Shag On A Rock said:
I'm disappointed too. If U2 played Perth I could go with a group of my friends. But as I'll be flying to Sydney to see them I'll be with Tania, and Timmie, and Axver, and Earnie, and Downunder, etc. ie none of my friends. :wink:

I would love to see them here but it's not going to happen. I heard U2 had booked Subiaco Oval but Michael Coppel cancelled it as the travel time for the stage was too great. I'm with you. Fancy lights are pretty but not essential. I would rather see U2 with my friends around me in the town I call home . :sad:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINE! Find your own bloody accomodation, woman!

:madspit:

I am so glad you guys finally got dates in Australia! I hope you are able to go.

I am dissapointed too, greatly! Perth needs to see this concert.. however.
The tour isn't just about getting a stadium and how long it takes to get to Perth. They would have had to squeeze in all the other dates with other events happening at other venues as well.

My understanding was that they had to do the Perth show before the 31st of March which was when the AFL season starts. But in order to do that it was going to mean re-arranging the rest of the tour for it and given the fact that the last Perth Popmart show was AKA 'Wake Up Dead Perth' it makes sense to cut Perth out.. not to mention it's the most isolated capital city in the world and would have the smallest attendance of any of the 3rd leg show.

Perth needs a new stadium now god damn it.

Last edited:
LuvandPeace1980 said:
I am dissapointed too, greatly! Perth needs to see this concert.. however.
The tour isn't just about getting a stadium and how long it takes to get to Perth. They would have had to squeeze in all the other dates with other events happening at other venues as well.

My understanding was that they had to do the Perth show before the 31st of March which was when the AFL season starts. But in order to do that it was going to mean re-arranging the rest of the tour for it and given the fact that the last Perth Popmart show was AKA 'Wake Up Dead Perth' it makes sense to cut Perth out.. not to mention it's the most isolated capital city in the world and would have the smallest attendance of any of the 3rd leg show.

Perth needs a new stadium now god damn it.

Any way you can move the whole city a thousand or so miles closer to the more populated areas? That might help a bit.... :)

indra said:

Any way you can move the whole city a thousand or so miles closer to the more populated areas? That might help a bit.... :)

Even moving that far would not be close enough. :mad: :lol:

U2 for Perth Petitions!!!

Hey everyone, i feel your pain. I am a Perth girl and live in California now. I saw the concert in LA and would give anything to go home and see it again. I found a couple of petition sites so check them out and put your name on them, you never know what will happen.

h t tp://w w w.petitionspot.com/petitions/U2Perth2006[/url]

h t t p://w w w.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/764416343[/url]

h tt p ://w w w.lyptonvillage.org/u2/?p=50[/url]

Good luck!

Shag On A Rock said:
Simple Minds are coming to Perth :hyper:

Yeah I checked that and now THEY'RE not coming to Adelaide! :mad: It's OK, I haven't forgiven Jim for letting Mick go (or pushing him, whichever is the case.....)

Back
Top Bottom