Do those of you coming to Boston have questions? / Please bring the sun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
daveydave said:

Hey, stop by our new Aquarium - it's called the Big Dig tunnel! :) Drive threw and you might occasionally see a whale, some sea bass, or lobster moving at a pace quicker than civilians can move. We asked for a tunnel, and they gave us a funnel!

:lmao: Ain't that the truth.

I'm going to the show on Saturday. Maybe the rain will go away by then. Of course, it has rained for something like five weekends in a row here, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

sweetie said:
The GA area in the Fleet should be moist and humid by the time U2 comes on stage. :p

Mmmmm-mmmm, gonna smell good at the Fleet tomorrow night! :yuck:

Anyone know if they allow you to carry in an umbrella?

sweetie said:

I don't think an umbrella is going to help you in the gale force winds. I'm going to look for my Disneyworld yellow poncho :wink:

Good point! I could use a poncho actually....I'm pregnant and none of my coats w/hoods fit (ummm, okay NOTHING fits) anymore, so I guess it's the drowned rat look for me tomorrow night.

Call Name = Rock 'N Roll Omni ???
(Omni Parker House that is)

mofo23 - CONTACT ME via email if you can. daveydave@daveydave.com

Hurricane O'Reilly's - awesome steak tips. Good one!

If I go to the Omni - will you also do the Bono Zoo TV Tour - on the speaker dance for me. Now that would be fun.

GretzkyU2Yanks - come on, that's not even really Memorial Drive. Heck, walk 200 Yards, go over footbridge, a quick cross of a street and your there. Dangerous??? Really? What do you other Massholes think?

Another parking garage that is 8 - 12 bucks and a 10 minute walk is:
http://www.pilgrimparking.com/facilities/nautica/index.php
it's 10 minutes, just walk down the street - cut through Paul Revere Park, go over the lochs and your there.

Current situation here:
Not raining, but damn if it doesn't look light night-time out there!

Pilgrim Parking = $7 for Fleet events, see my last post & link. Just walk down Constitution, go under the bridge, walk through park (big white circle designated on that map) and across the lochs. You are then right at Causway st.

daveydave said:

GretzkyU2Yanks - come on, that's not even really Memorial Drive. Heck, walk 200 Yards, go over footbridge, a quick cross of a street and your there. Dangerous??? Really? What do you other Massholes think?
hey different strokes for different folks. I would do that walk without question, then again Im used to the construction (its only been almost 10 years they've been working on Leverett Circle) so I was just trying to warn out of towners. I definitely didnt mean dangerous, just not as nice and scenice as most walks through Boston.

on another note, its not going to be warm enough to be sweaty and smelly. Id look out more for the cold wet hands all day.

daveydave - if you turn up at the Omni Parker I will gladly sign your ticket stub, I'll even wear my sunglasses for effect. seriously - shouldn't we sort out some sort of meeting venue for the Friday inbetween the gigs Someone from Boston nominate a boozer - let's go wild.......

Aardvark - let me introduce you to Fast Eddy! He likes the drink. Wants a list of every Boston Irish bar that will serve him.

Fast Eddy - You wouldn't happen to be one of our great politicians, would you? Are you really "Fast Teddy?" If not, ever think of running for office?

Oh yeah, the Pilgrim garage...on top of being inexpensive actually lets you out when you get in your car. They don't hold you hostage for 2 hours.

hey different strokes for different folks. I would do that walk without question, then again Im used to the construction (its only been almost 10 years they've been working on Leverett Circle) so I was just trying to warn out of towners. I definitely didnt mean dangerous, just not as nice and scenice as most walks through Boston.

Point well taken. I just didn't want our guests to think it's dangerous crime wise, or that difficult if you hop over the foot bridge.

So where are people going before hand? I can't drink but it'd be cool to be surrounded by some true U2 fans.

So Pilgrim garage is the place to park? Last time we parked at the parking garage right down the street and it was a good hour getting out of there and another 30 mins battling to get to 93.

Thin Crust North End Pizza with Basil =

Grill 417
471 Hanover Street
Boston, MA 02113
617-742-7172

= don't ask me about why it's called 417 when it's at 471. I have more questions about it than you do ;-)

= Pilgrim Parking is easy to get out of, and easy to get on 93 or Rt. 1 from. Pull out, go to the end of Chelsea St. and you are at Rutherford. Directly across - pick up 93 north and south, or take a right to get on Rt. 1 north. - I know what garage you're talking about and it's about the same walk in time, but not getting out. This is a little known garage - clean and safe that I only know about because of my proximity to it for work.

The Park that you walk through (Paul Revere Park) is actually the spot where a lot of TV crews setup to shoot the typical Boston /on the scene shot. You know the, the one with the Lenny Z Bridge with the Fleet Center and Downtown Boston as the backdrop. It's a good place to sit down, have a snack / sub. One of the few places in that area with grass.

daveydave said:

= Pilgrim Parking is easy to get out of, and easy to get on 93 or Rt. 1 from. Pull out, go to the end of Chelsea St. and you are at Rutherford. Directly across - pick up 93 north and south, or take a right to get on Rt. 1 north. - I know what garage you're talking about and it's about the same walk in time, but not getting out. This is a little known garage - clean and safe that I only know about because of my proximity to it for work.

The Park that you walk through (Paul Revere Park) is actually the spot where a lot of TV crews setup to shoot the typical Boston /on the scene shot. You know the, the one with the Lenny Z Bridge with the Fleet Center and Downtown Boston as the backdrop. It's a good place to sit down, have a snack / sub. One of the few places in that area with grass.

GREAT, thanks!!! If it's the same walking distance, then it sounds perfect. I'd love to avoid all the crazy traffic if possible. THANK YOU!!!

Right on, my man. I can smell the garlic on that pizza now.

As for me being a politician who likes the drink, I have only this to say:

"I never had relations with that bottle. . ."

Actually, up here in Maine the only drink we have is spruce beer, which we sip around the fire with an occasional "ay-yuh" after a long day logging in the woods. Them Massachussetts fellers figger stuff tastes like Moose piss.

Let's just say you don't see Guinness or Harp on tap in Maine too often, so I was hoping after the show I could grab one at one of the neighborhood pubs.

It is and shall ever be - The Four Seasons. For security reasons.

However, you don't just go over there and decide you want to grab a drink at their bar. You don't get in the building during U2 week unless you are a guest. Otherwise, I can imagine it would be a helluva U2 fan party in there. I'm sure it's the same way in Chicago. Quite sure they hit Edge's place on the west coast or Bono's in NY.

Last edited:
daveydave said:
It's, and shall ever be - The Four Seasons. For security reasons.

However, you don't just go over there and decide you want to grab a drink at their bar. You don't get in the building during U2 week unless you are a guest. Otherwise, I can imagine it would be a helluva U2 fan party in there. I'm sure it's the same way in Chicago. Quite sure they hit Edge's place on the west coast or Bono's in NY.

Thanks for the tip daveydave. Alrighty then U2Girl- onward to planB - hovering at the entrance with the other fans :wink:

Any suggestions on a nice hotel for the night of 5/28... well more like the morning of 5/29 :wink:? I like waterfront/ near places to shop/ near fleetcenter. And it has to be a nice place... ~$200.
Choices:
Boston Harbor Hotel- Wicked expesnive, but very nice.
Seaport Hotel- I dunno... seemed pretty cool. On the cheaper end of these hotels.
The Lenox Hotel Boston- I like this one- great location- decent price- cool lookin place.

And last of all... can a 16 and 17 year old stay in a hotel by themselves or do you need a parent? If a parent calls and gives consent or whatever, do they need to be present? Because if they do then this is pointles... :mad:

wolfeden said:
we're all gonna drown.

have you SEEN the forecast? :crack:

If we don't all blow away!! It's not going to be pretty, it's already nasty out there tonight, at least where I am it is cold and POURING.

It's like Red Rocks out there tonight!

Hotel on ocean - check out that Marriot in Charlestown.

Back
Top Bottom