Did U2 Get Boo'ed Of Melb Stage ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TaraVoX

The Fly
Just wonder if u2 got boo'ed for saying thanx you sydney ?? or sumfin lyk that at the melb concert ... i just herd it and wondering wat he said ?? i went sydney 1 and 2 concert wowow best concerts eva !!!

Ohhh right ok thanx for that. wowow how good was the concert..... did bono pash adam.. anyone got pics ? lol

lol Taravox No wonder some people think Bonos bi.

i booood when they showed john howard on the screen.
everyone did.

Bono loves everthing with a pulse, that's a common fact..
I heard that Edge corrected himself pretty quickly after his mistake :)

See thing is Bono said "Good night Sydney" And we all booed then and the band was laughing so much, I don't think I've seen Larry laugh so hard then Edge came up and said "What we mean is thank you Sydney..Brisbane... Adelaide.. but most of all Melbourne" at this point I was like :huh: I don't know if their joking or getting it wrong!! :scream:

Bono did give Adam a little kiss. But I would of prefered an Edge kiss :lmao:

- Nikki

Ikkin said:
See thing is Bono said "Good night Sydney" And we all booed then and the band was laughing so much, I don't think I've seen Larry laugh so hard then Edge came up and said "What we mean is thank you Sydney..Brisbane... Adelaide.. but most of all Melbourne" at this point I was like :huh: I don't know if their joking or getting it wrong!! :scream:

Bono did give Adam a little kiss. But I would of prefered an Edge kiss :lmao:

- Nikki

It was Edge who said "Thank you Sydney!". it was clearly a mistake, the others almost fell over laughing! he then corrected himself.

Poor Bono gets things wrong all the time. Can't say I blame the guy with all he's got going on in his brain at any given moment! Hell he even forgets song lyrics! And with the whirlwind travel the guys does I don't think I could keep up either.....what country did you wake up in this morning and which one are you in now? Sheesh! :wink:

It was pretty damn funny, even funnier than the second slaughter of Party Girl :wink:

I was well amused when Larry pissed himself at the other boys stuffing up Party Girl at Syd III, but he was literally doubled over laughing at Edge's faux pas at Melb II :lmao:

Hokusai said:

It was Edge who said "Thank you Sydney!". it was clearly a mistake, the others almost fell over laughing! he then corrected himself.

I swear I thought it was Bono who said it first! Then Edge went to correct him and said "blah blah..." :| Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me.

-Nikki

Ikkin said:

I swear I thought it was Bono who said it first! Then Edge went to correct him and said "blah blah..." :| Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me.

-Nikki

It was Bono who thanked Sydney at that night. I was like...WTF....:eyebrow: ... then Larry started laughing and Bono just stood there a bit nervous without knowing what to do, then Edge step ahead grabbed his mic and said the sydney, adelaide....thing.

It was indeed very funny. I head people beside me asked if Bono did that in purpose stuff like that. But I thought it was quite clear a mistake. But any way, it was a excellent show. :D

I just listened to BAD and it was at the end of it. Deffinatly Bono who said it, then he had this little nervous laugh afterwards :lmao: then Edge tried to correct him, too funny.

-Nikki

After listen to it, I'm confused. :huh:

It is very hard to distinguish the two guys.:huh: It did sound like Edge on the boot.

I remebered I saw Bono stood there, one hand up and said good night sydney. But it also could be Edge, since he already stood beside Bono.

It is hard, very hard. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Last edited:
As I remember it....

I'm not exactly sure if bono said Goodnight...

Then Edge stepped up and said "Thank You Sydney!!"....he stepped back...larry and bono were pissing themselves (Adam, I could not see)...

Then Edge goes back to the mic and says "Thank you "Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, but especially MELBOURNE!".....

Leaving Adelaide out....:lol: (he definitely left out Adelaide!)

Anyways, I'm pretty sure.

bono_man2002 said:
As I remember it....

I'm not exactly sure if bono said Goodnight...

Then Edge stepped up and said "Thank You Sydney!!"....he stepped back...larry and bono were pissing themselves (Adam, I could not see)...

Then Edge goes back to the mic and says "Thank you "Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, but especially MELBOURNE!".....

Leaving Adelaide out....:lol: (he definitely left out Adelaide!)

Anyways, I'm pretty sure.

I was thinking about Adelaide too. And I laughed so hard when I heard in the boot, one girl asked "what about adelaide?":laugh:

If Edge did say that and step back, that's the cause of the confusion then. Because by the time I heard the thank you sydney, I looked up and saw Bono stood there --> :|

:lmao:

I laughed my head off, didn't really pay attention that some people really did boo them! :ohmy:

Okays. Lets see, I'll record that bit post it and let people listen. To me, it sounds like Bono just at the end that raspy voice gives it away, then the funny little laugh. Gimme a bit I'll have it up soon. :D

-Nikki

Back
Top Bottom