did u2 forget

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thetitans2k

Refugee
about western Canada? They are only playing two shows in western Canada all the way in Vancouver. This is ridiculous considering they sold out two shows in Calgary on Elevation. They sold out the Winnipeg Satudium on PopMART. COME ON U2.IN case your manager hasnt noticed there are people on the west coast of Canada. I dont even care if they play shows in saskatchewan but they need to show some love to the starving fans in Western Canada. COME ON. Fill up those late september dates!!!!!

I'm with you about those september dates. It affects me too, cause I really hope they add the Indy date on the 26th. The rumor had it that calgary was on the 29th and 30th of sept. They should do it, there's no reason not too. They will sell out both shows in calgary, it'll be more money and there is time to do it in, so why not? Keep the faith.

I wonder when and if they will add these dates to calgary. I know there is no hope for Winnipeg but maybe for Calgary.

Don't forget about Edmonton. We sold out two stadium shows here in 1997, 100 000 people. We want a show!

Sorry Edmonton, I forgot. Im campaining for two shows anywhere in western/central Canada.

Also, Vancouver was a seriously hard ticket to get.

Likely the 3rd-4th hardest ticket on the tour to obtain.

Canada is their 2nd biggest market in the world, per capita.

There is still room......calgary last week of septemeber.......vancouver the day after portland......winnipeg in september sometime.

U2FP

U2FanPeter said:
Also, Vancouver was a seriously hard ticket to get.

Likely the 3rd-4th hardest ticket on the tour to obtain.

Canada is their 2nd biggest market in the world, per capita.

There is still room......calgary last week of septemeber.......vancouver the day after portland......winnipeg in september sometime.

U2FP

you're kidding me right? I dont care how hard it is to get tickets for Vancouver, they already played two shows there. If you go onto ticketmaster the morning that tickets are on sale you will get tickets period. There is no excuse if you dont get tickets if they are playing two shows in the city that you live in. Im just mad because they arent played my city.

I couldn't get tickets for VAN2, and it was my 13th u2 show(I later gatecrashed) I know all the tricks of last minute tickets. It's been acknowledge that ticket drops went awry in Seattle and Vancouver.

I'm just saying they could play vancouver the day after Portland, with a chunk of tickets being sold in alberta. That way U2 only uses 1 extra day, rather than 4 it would take to get in and out of Calgary.

If it's any consolation, The Rolling Stones are only playing one western Canadian date - in Calgary. It sold out in 16 minutes, with ticket that were much pricier that u2's. U2 could sell out 2 shows instantaneously. I'm sure Principle management are quite aware of that recent sell out.

u2FP

They would add a date the day before the current one. I've only seen that happen 2-3 times before, ever.

Unless they add one in Edmonton.

U2FP

Santana was announced and was an instant sellout for the Calgary Saddledome. They also instantly soldout 2 shows by Motley Crew recently at the same venue.

There's something very curious about the omission of these cities.

U2FP

I agree it seems like any one can sell out 2 shows in Calgary. If the stones did it than u2 for sure can.

Back
Top Bottom