Damn Them For Not Adding More Dates!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Tomorrow is September 26th.... the date rumored for them to come to Indianapolis. BUT THEY AREN'T COMING!!!!!!!! Oh man I'm so angry. I missed Cleveland tickets and Indy was my last hope, but now I guess not. I thought it was going to be Indy on the 26th and then Calgary on the 29th and 30th. What the fuck, those Canadians in the middle of the country really got screwed! What is the fucking deal with this week off only 8 shows into the 3rd leg?

Sorry to appear to be whiny, but man am I pissed!

U2 won't tour next year. They're talking about working on their next album. If we're lucky, we'll have a new album out in late 2007, and they'll tour again in 2008. They can do whatever they want, I'm glad they still want to work on new material. But I'd just like for them to tour all the time and write songs on the road. haha. so selfish, i know.

I think the band is undecided. As far as I know, no one (U2 nor the Red Sox) have contradicted the Fenway Park rumours. On the other hand, the comments from the Edge seem to indicate that they may take a breather. It seems difficult to tell right now.

If they tour next year, they'll wait till December/January before shows are being announced.. By the end of November most of the u2.com subscriptions will expire....... they are waiting for all members to pay their $40,= and then tourdates for Australia and beyond MIGHT be announced......
...that's just what I think....

My money's on the "they're still waiting to see if they want to" option. I'm sure part of them is loving playing live again, and I'm sure part of them hates to be away from the family. (And I'm not trying to suggest that different band members feel different ways, I mean folks like Edge are probably split right down the middle, loving the shows, but missing the family.)

I think there might be some sort of clue in the 3rd Leg setlists, and the surprising variety we've seen so far. It could mean 2 things:

-they're having a great time, and busting out new songs just for the fun of it, and maybe even to prepare for more touring

or

-they're winding down, so they decided to play these songs now, while they still have the chance

Chizip said:
my guess is we'll hear something within the next month
That sounds about right. If they're going to play in January/February/March, they'll need to announce the dates and start selling tickets by the start of November.

U2's job should to make everyone happy. I don't see why they don't tour every city, every day and never take time off.

My question is, why would you be willing to travel to a U2 show in only Indianapolis living in Ohio, but not anywhere else.

They were playing in Chicago. They are playing NYC, Boston. If you are willing to travel and you love them, why not go see them in another city.

I mean they came to your area, you just missed tickets. I don't see what you are upset about.

If you live in certain places, you have advantages when it comes to concerts.

If you loved U2 more, you'd live in NYC.

:wink:

clerks said:
U2's job should to make everyone happy. I don't see why they don't tour every city, every day and never take time off.

My question is, why would you be willing to travel to a U2 show in only Indianapolis living in Ohio, but not anywhere else.

They were playing in Chicago. They are playing NYC, Boston. If you are willing to travel and you love them, why not go see them in another city.

:wink:

Yeah, I live in Ohio. Which is right next to Indiana. I live in western Ohio, about 45 minutes from the state line. I also live a few miles north of I-70, which goes straight through Indianapolis. So the Indy show is particularly convenient for me. All I gotta do is drive a few miles south to 70, and then drive to Indianapolis at 75mph the whole way. It probably takes and hour and a half to get there. It takes much longer to get to chicago. Indianapolis and Columbus are on I-70, and Cincinnati is a relatively quick jaunt down I-75. So that's why I would like a show in either Cincinnati, Columbus or Indianapolis. So I can see U2 without having to pay for a hotel.

Back
Top Bottom