Croke Park general sale just sold out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had 2 for the Canal end - lower bowl but gave them up for GA and now nothing!!
now thinking that was probably the worst mistake I have ever made...

Been trying for just 2 hours now.
No joy. Sold out, yet people still queueing in certain ticketmaster outlets around the country.

Someone in Westmeath got me seated for both nights but still going to hold out to see if any pitch become available later in the day.

Ticketsatan site was jammed from 8am onwards, I got to the purchasing page once in those 2 hours and then it died on me.

This is just a fiasco that I can't get tickets to see U2 in my own city.

So, does anyone know if there will be a 3rd date added or not? I really should be getting on with work, but I can't help but sit here & keep hitting bloody refresh lol

No third date according to concert promoters MCD this morning on rte.ie website..sorry

alibee said:
Been trying for just 2 hours now.
No joy. Sold out, yet people still queueing in certain ticketmaster outlets around the country.

Someone in Westmeath got me seated for both nights but still going to hold out to see if any pitch become available later in the day.

Ticketsatan site was jammed from 8am onwards, I got to the purchasing page once in those 2 hours and then it died on me.

This is just a fiasco that I can't get tickets to see U2 in my own city.
That is shite,Dubliners should get free tickets.If it were'nt for you lot we would'nt have u2.There will be tickets available,just depends on how much you're willing to pay:mad:

bonoman66 said:
No third date according to concert promoters MCD this morning on rte.ie website..sorry

Thanks bonoman...I wonder if later on they'll re-consider given the incredible demand. Hope so :)

ElectricalVoice said:
They say it's going to be a show 26th. But I have really no idea. Sorry, alibee, that you couldn't get tickets in your own city.

Actually, due to a family effort I now have seated tickets for Fri and Sat.
Of course I wanted pitch but who didn't!!!!

Internet was the worst place to get tickets...
IF there is a definite third gig I'm going to queue up in some remote ticketmaster outlet in the backarse of nowhere for days!!!!! with plenty of hang sangers and a flask of tae

Yep - I'm thinking it may be another marketing ploy in this crazy business - as if they needed to hype it up any more! There'll be the usual public outcry & the promoters might come good - possibly. Unless there has been some recent genuine issue getting permission to play that 3rd gig on the Sunday?? Hope it goes ahead too. There's a couple of days between the Sunday & their next gig I think, so logistically it would probably work from the bands perspective ..

boystupidboy said:

That is shite,Dubliners should get free tickets.If it were'nt for you lot we would'nt have u2.There will be tickets available,just depends on how much you're willing to pay:mad:

hehe, I like your style.... free tickets for all the Dubs.
wristbands for the oval/target for the Northsiders, and backstage passes for anyone from Ballymun....

I'll just get onto Bono and see if he will agree...

Seriously though. Croke Park are allowed have 3 non GAA events a year right? But would U2 really want 3 in a row, they would be knackered.
Now, Belfast! That would be something else...

Just to clarify as I mentioned yesterday - not all 160000 seats were on sale today.
Apart from those that went in the pre-sale, the 'mid' tier level in Croke park were not go on sale today. These are all pre-sold 'premium' level seats held by 5/10 year Croke Park ticketholders who have first right of refusal on ANY event there. On the assumption that some of these seat holders turn down the offer (and I suspect not too many will, although a lot of them are held by corporates they will be snapped up), some more tickets MAY be released for public sale in a few weeks time (of course some will go towards corp ents etc). That happened at the Special Olympics when some fans were able to get tickets just to see the boys from ballymun etc do a few minutes in June 03 during the SO Opening Ceremony....

Watch out for show 3........
(Those who have premium seats willl pay more than the 'normal' seat price)

i got 2 tickets for saturdays show instead of one for each. so now im looking to find someone to swap with for friday. if i cant find someone, then this spare ticket will be up for sale.

my brother tried on super fast computers in edinburgh uni with no success, and then my mother , bless her, went and got 2 seats from ebay at extortionate prices
, she wont let me know how much she paid (probably between 1 and 200 each). I dont think the seats are even good. I feel relief that im going but also disappointment and guilt that my mother had to spend that much money on me.. mebe if theres a 3rd date i can make the effort to que at a ticketmaster outlet, get a couple and sell them to get some profit back on it. Oh well, concert better be good!

According to concert promoters MCD, there will be no third date. A pity... because I definately would go to that as well.

I got 3 seating tickets for the Saturday gig so I'm quite pleased all the same :)

i queued for 13 hours in dun laoghaire at Music City; was 20th in the queue. however when 8am rolled around, people got greedy and the first 30 or so in the queue were pushed aside while those from behind skipped ahead. i eventually squeezed in and was able to get one of the nosebleed seats. i've been in pushy queues before, but this was by far the worst. certain people were doing whatever they could to secure their own tickets. one fucko actually turned around and shoved me back about 3 feet so he could be the next selected to proceed to the ticket booth.

nothing to blame but poor organisation (only one security person to handle entire queue?!), and some of the greediest and most selfish fans i've ever encountered anwhere.

i'll stop whining now, as there were those more unfortunate than i.

Last edited:
to sell 6 tickets to each customer is a sure way to play into the hands of the ticket touts.

lok at the disclaimer for the wales gig

"Performance Information: Please note: You are strictly only allowed to make
one booking for this tour. There is a limit of 4 tickets per
booking and because you can only make one booking, you can only
book for one venue. Therefore you will be unableto book for
more than one venue and unable to book for more than 4 tickets
at your chosen venue. Multiple bookings will be cancelled
without notification.
Tickets may not be despatched until ten days before the concert."

i suggest 2 tickets per customer, that way fans would get them and touts would have more bother getting them than they are worth. but i suppose that would be too simple for the promoters to figure out - and yes, i didnt get any tickets!!

Back
Top Bottom