Corel Centre, Ottawa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladywithspinninghead

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I`m hoping the Corel Centre will implement the same GA policy as Boston (obtain a numbered wristband in the morning and return late afternoon). If not, it would be nice if they would at least enable us to line up inside! Ottawa at the end of November can be COLD!

I emailed the arena just now and encourage you all to do so as well - perhaps a little pressure will help! :yes:

feedback@corelcentre.com

Thanks!

Let me know if you receive a reply.

Last edited:
Called the Corel Centre today and receptionist said there is no policy yet, but she has been flooded with emails and phone calls!!

Looks like Ottawa is implemeting the same GA policy as Boston. Wristbands will be given out at 8am, and you can leave and come back. I'd guess that Montreal will be the same:

General Admission Floor Seating Information
November 25th, 2005 - Corel Centre
• The General Admission “GA” line will queue along Gate #3 South Walkway near the YMCA of the Corel Centre as indicted by the signs stating “GA Ticket holders Line.” The GA line will enter the Corel Centre through the Gate #3 entrance along with the Accessibility needs patrons.
• GA ticket holders may begin lining up at 8:00 AM on the day of the show. (Please do not attempt to line-up over night)
• Upon arrival and verification of a GA Floor Ticket, each GA ticket holder will have a sequentially numbered wristband placed on his or her right wrist. Wristbands will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis. Once a GA ticket holder has their wristband, they may remain in the line or leave the area. BUT, all GA ticket holders with wristbands must be lined up in sequential order by 5:00 PM (this will be enforced).
• Only GA ticket holders who have their ticket in their possession are permitted in the line.
• Only GA ticket holders may hold and secure their place in line. “Place holders” will not be permitted after 5:00 PM line-up begins.
• The wristband must remain on the GA ticket holder’s right wrist at all times. They also must be in possession of a valid ticket. Any GA ticket holder found with a tampered wristband will have that wristband confiscated, and the GA ticket holder will lose their sequential place in the line.
• Guests will be permitted to have a reasonable amount of food and non-alcoholic beverages while in line (no bottles, cans or food will be allowed in the building). Sales and/or vending in the line will not be permitted. Please help us keep the area clean by using trash receptacles.
• GA ticket holders will be admitted into the Corel Centre in sequential order once the doors are opened (scheduled for 6:00 PM for GA ticket holders). All patrons will be searched; tickets will be scanned, marked and torn upon entry.
• All GA ticket holders will then be directed to a table where line wristbands will be exchanged for a GA floor wristband. All GA ticket holders will pass through an “ELLIPSE” GATE SYSTEM that will scan their tickets and select at random ticket holders for “Access” to the “ELLIPSE” inner stage viewing area. Ticket holders randomly selected will be provided an “ELLIPSE” wristband.
• Upon receipt of your wristbands GA ticket holders will be directed to the designated aisles that access the GA floor area, and, if in possession of an “ELLIPSE” wristband, directed to that special viewing area. Access on and off the floor will be restricted to these aisles as a well as a floor level portal.
• Note: The floor level portal at the rear of the floor will be the most convenient restroom area for GA floor ticket holders.
• Please take note that Corel Centre policy strictly precludes the following from entering the facility:
o No backpacks / large bags / brief cases
o No cameras of any kind
o No outside food and beverage
o No bottles or cans
o No audio or video recording devices
o No laser pointers

I`m soooo fucking mad!!!!!!!

I`m on the phone right now with ETS because the Corel Centre won`t honour ETS ticketholders! ETS only issue the tickets at 3:30pm the day of the show to avoid scalpers so i`m sol!

Anyone here with a GA willing to do a hand-off with me as was the norm in Boston?

Pleeeease! Email me at julie_bouvier@yahoo.com Thank you!

Last edited:
Yep, oops, I actually PM`d you before I saw this!

Anyway, I ended up getting to the Corel Centre at 8:20am (btw, unless there`s an event, there`s no public transport that takes you all the way there, ugghhh!) and since they ended up handing out wristbands at 7am I got no. 95. Not bad I guess!

Apparently, some people actually slept outside last night in two tents although it was -23 with the windchill! Crazy!!

It was a smooth process and in the end the U2 tour manager heard from the ETS President so the venue did acknowledge ETS ticket vouchers.

It was a very smooth process, even smoother than Boston! :up:

By the way, the show is definitely the talk of the town, even the cab driver reminded me to wear white tonight! :lol:

Was there at 6am and got number 30!!!
I love the wristband policy.....now if only the Ellipse was first come first served.............

Back
Top Bottom