Confused about Vegas pricing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

techfire

Acrobat
I have an offer to trade my side stage seats, section L18, which cost me $99 each for seats in L205 and these are $200 seats. I checked the MGM map and my L18 are next to the stage, maybe a bit to the side but still...right there. Why would they price seats in the top section at $200? Dosen't make sense, I paid $50 for upper sides at Staples, where are these seats in Vegas?

I think there might be a few less seats in Vegas though I could be wrong and it is Vegas after all so why not charge more?

the promoter has to make a certain gross to cover the guarantees they have given the band

I'm in L212 and paid $184+...definitely not lowers as usually defined. It seems anything NOT behind the stage was priced at $184??

Hewson said:
Just my opinion, but I'd stay with the L18, to me they're better seats than L205.

That's what I'm saying, L18, although a bit behind the stage, are closer to stage and $100 less then some uppers. Dosen't make sense. FYI, the MGM isn't small at all, I had uppers for Pearl Jam a few years back and the stage was pretty far.

Back
Top Bottom