Concert Length

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Storm/Light

The Fly
Just a quick question as to how long a concert is likely to run on for. I'm going to the Cardiff concert and I have to get a train to Bristol the same evening, so what sort of time can I expect to be clear of the stadium? Is there a length of time to actually get out of the arena, considering the number of people there?

Thanks!

genearlly speaking the show is about 2hours 10 from begining of vertigo, to the end of Vertigo, It seems likely that the curfew will be 10.30pm, (or possibly 11pm if you are unlucky)

How long it takes to get out all depends on how near to the exit you are, i wanted to leave Twickenham in a hurry, so as the encore Vertigo started, I moved to the back of the pitch , near the exit, and it enabled me to get out quickly, the visuals for Vertigo are quite impressive, so its worth seeing them from the back anyway.

Having said all that, as the roof will probably be closed, and there will be no sunlight at the begining of the show, vertigo with the lightshow might be at the begining of the set, with another song to close it.

Good luck with your train.

Last edited:
I was at Hampden, Glasgow and they finished playing at approx 11.05 pm. They did come on later though, think that was because it was either too light or because there were still hundreds streaming in to the concert and if they had started playing then maybe a mad rush from the public and some might have got hurt but 11.05 pm was the time they finished. Hope you have a great time!!! WE DID !!!

The show finished at about 10.40pm, and when I got out, there was a huge queue at the station, did you make your train ok Storm Light??

I didn't need to catch an evening train in the end, but thanks for asking! I actually stayed overnight at the Uni accommodation and caught a train at 4am. A lot of concerters were camped overnight at the station.

Storm/Light said:
I didn't need to catch an evening train in the end, but thanks for asking! I actually stayed overnight at the Uni accommodation and caught a train at 4am. A lot of concerters were camped overnight at the station.

nice one, I remember the days when I slept at stations after gigs on a regular basis, its great when there is a better option

Back
Top Bottom