Cleveland Rocks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Actually, I'll get into that later. Hey all! I have to admit it's pretty cool being able to give you guys the concert from my crappy little cell phone. Even in Spain I saw! Nice.

Ok, I have to know, did it sound ok? We were pretty high up so part of me thinks that might help, and part of me thinks, that might suck. Did it sound good up to Miss Sarajevo? B/c I know that's when it ended on my phone. I was sad.

Ok, my review from where I was is this. Section 229 was boring. They stood for lots of old skool U2 songs, but sat for lots of the concert. LivLuv and I however did not(sorry if you were in section 229). I wanted to clap, but I had a phone in my hand...I wanted to sing loud, but I had a phone in my hand:)...I still did for Gloria and other favorites tho. Did ya hear me? The concert though was pretty good! I'm just too spoiled and nothing compares to GA along the rail anymore. :wink:

Ok, Peace out
Phil

First of all, THANK YOU Phil & LivLuv - your efforts are truly appreciated :bow: Second of all, the sound was pretty good, up until the time Khanada couldn't stream it anymore. I almost wanted to call you and just listen on your phone, LOL. We did hear a few shouts and stuff, but it was ALL GOOD. And yes, I understand that once you've been in GA and on or near the rails, you never want to go back to seats. At least that's how I feel, and I was in seats 2 of my 5 shows this year.

Again, thanks!!! :bow:

It's all different atmospshere generally in lower level. You don't need GA, you just need a good lower level seat. I have sat in seats just behind the soundboard and they were excellent and the sound was the best. Of course, you can' t beat a front rail spot but in general, lowers are good seats. I think the fans are more diehard coz the ticket prices are way more.

bigwali said:
It's all different atmospshere generally in lower level. You don't need GA, you just need a good lower level seat. I have sat in seats just behind the soundboard and they were excellent and the sound was the best. Of course, you can' t beat a front rail spot but in general, lowers are good seats. I think the fans are more diehard coz the ticket prices are way more.

Have to agree with you bigwali. I'm not one of those MUST HAVE GA people (although it is quite nice in measured doses), I enjoy and get a good feel for shows just as much in a seat as in GA (and without the pre-show stress! :wink: ). But in 14 shows this year, where I got the 360 degree experience (sat ALL over :) ), I have to agree being in a good lower vs. an upper or a really far away lower did make a difference in sound and in my enjoyment of the show.

BTW got philk?, your phone had excellent sound! Going to any more shows? :wink:

in L.A., a good lower on the side would be about $500-1000 thru a scalper. Never could score anything better thru ticketmaster. I sat in 106, which is behind the soundboard, and directly across the stage. Still a good seat, good view, good sound, but I would have loved to had side loge seats (the primo lower loge), but not in the budget.

I agree about GA--Boston 5 and Hartford were my first GA experiences, and... I don't think I can ever go back to cheap balcony seats. It's a totally different show.

Too bad for me next tour, then... better start saving up now! :wink:

Glad we could be of help! We didn't know Phil had text messaging until we got Khanada's text, hehe. The seats sucked, but the show rocked (not complaining though since we bought them at face from a fellow Interferencer just days ago!)

Lila64 said:
in L.A., a good lower on the side would be about $500-1000 thru a scalper. Never could score anything better thru ticketmaster. I sat in 106, which is behind the soundboard, and directly across the stage. Still a good seat, good view, good sound, but I would have loved to had side loge seats (the primo lower loge), but not in the budget.

Well, I managed to get all my tix at face, I don't do scalpers. 12 of the 14 were gotten thru Ticketmaster or the fan club sales; I did trade one extra with another fan to pick up one more show, and bought a single at face off another fan for one more. I will say though it does help enormously to only go for single tix, which I realize not everyone is able or willing to do.

Not all the good lowers were $165s either...sat in loge side of stage seats four times and rear stage loges twice...those generally went for $95 (although at MSG the rear loge was only $54!), and was really close. :)

I've always said for a U2 concert, no matter where you are, the show is going to be cool. Even up in the 200 sections, you get a pretty sweet light show!

Lila, I too have been in seats for 2 of 5 shows this year. You see lots in seats, but you can't beat the excitement of camping out and then getting to what you waited for. I'll camp out anytime(before November in the midwest...;))

Edit: Did anyone hear me singing? :reject:

Got Philk? said:
I've always said for a U2 concert, no matter where you are, the show is going to be cool. Even up in the 200 sections, you get a pretty sweet light show!

Lila, I too have been in seats for 2 of 5 shows this year. You see lots in seats, but you can't beat the excitement of camping out and then getting to what you waited for. I'll camp out anytime(before November in the midwest...;))

Edit: Did anyone hear me singing? :reject:

Can't beat the excitement, that's for sure!!! And our weather in early November was in the 70s that day :wink:

I don't think I heard you singing. Much :shifty: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom