Chilean price rumors:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
this is TOO much money... ok, I can pay for it... and the stadium WILL BE FULL, but my dreram of having 2 concerts goes absolutely to hell

// Franz Ferdinand Teloneros (Opening act)

// Precios de Entradas: Galeria: $20.000 // Cancha: $30.000 // Tribuna Andes: $50.000 // Bajo Marquesina: $70.000 (Fuente: La Tercera, aún no confirmado por DG Medios)

Price tickets: Back seats: $38 USD// GA: $58 USD// Andes Tribune: $96 USD // Nº Seats: $135 USD

You may think this is cheap, but here it isn't.

The last time, GA was half as much (for Popmart).. in fact, I think EVERYTHING was half as much...

:( bye bye, 2nd concert... hello, Argentina :sad:

PISSED OFF :mad:

Remember these are rumors... but rumors here come true too much :(

Um, POPMART was eight years ago. So if you take into account inflation thats about 5% a year, which probably in Chile is low.

Those prices you post below are cheap.

pepokiss said:
this is TOO much money... ok, I can pay for it... and the stadium WILL BE FULL, but my dreram of having 2 concerts goes absolutely to hell

// Franz Ferdinand Teloneros (Opening act)

// Precios de Entradas: Galeria: $20.000 // Cancha: $30.000 // Tribuna Andes: $50.000 // Bajo Marquesina: $70.000 (Fuente: La Tercera, aún no confirmado por DG Medios)

Price tickets: Back seats: $38 USD// GA: $58 USD// Andes Tribune: $96 USD // Nº Seats: $135 USD

You may think this is cheap, but here it isn't.

The last time, GA was half as much (for Popmart).. in fact, I think EVERYTHING was half as much...

:( bye bye, 2nd concert... hello, Argentina :sad:

PISSED OFF :mad:

Remember these are rumors... but rumors here come true too much :(

yeah, inflation has ... inflated :shrug:, but the dollar here is realy low right now, like at 510 pesos... I went to Miami exactly 10 years ago and the dollar was at 450 pesos... so... that's why I'm so pissed

It's triple the price from when I went to Pop.

I sat 19 rows from the stage for $52.00...

That's a 165.00 ticket now...

I do understand your frustration though with the inflation difference.

Pepokiss, unfortunately Franz Ferdinand will not be opening in South America. The Franz fan site www.franzferdinand.org has posted in their news section that they were informed by a spokesperson for Franz that they will not be supporting U2.

Also, Franz is now part of a festival show in Bangkok, Thailand on February 18th, so perhaps they will more dates in Asia while U2 is in South America.

but that news is from last week... Wednesday 7... now it's thursday 15

Maybe they're not saying anything because the dates haven't even appeared on U2.com

yeah... there's some talk that these might be Argentinian prices... because a GA ticket to the Stones costed me exactly the same (with the diference that I didn't get them)

My friend, compared to the prices in Mexico, those are very cheap. In Estadio Azteca, GA are 65 dollars, lowest level seats 200 dollars, next section is 80 dollars, and the upper level seats are 35 dollars.
Of course tickets are not going to be cheap, you are getting a top class act. Tickets for Rolling Stones concerts in Mexico were a lot more expensive.

Here's the latest I am hearing on why the South American dates have not been offically announced. As the dates currently stand, there is no show in Rio.

Apparently Bono in particular wants them to play there, partially because he still feels bad about the screw up in 1998 when the show was moved away from Maracana to Jacarepagua and many fans missed the show being stuck in traffic to get to the venue.

Supposedly he wants them to play at Maracana on March 5th, after Buenos Aires but there are problems though in obtaining Maracana. The only other suitable venue would be Rock City where the Rock In Rio festivals are held, but it would have the same problems that Jacarepagua had.

At issue also is that the promoter for Buenos Aires wants a third show there, which would conflict with when they want to play in Rio. It seems they are trying to sort out this before announcing any of the dates in South America officially.

Last edited:
Cask said:
My friend, compared to the prices in Mexico, those are very cheap. In Estadio Azteca, GA are 65 dollars, lowest level seats 200 dollars, next section is 80 dollars, and the upper level seats are 35 dollars.
Of course tickets are not going to be cheap, you are getting a top class act. Tickets for Rolling Stones concerts in Mexico were a lot more expensive.

well, dollar is like 11 pesos, not 10

This could be why the Japanese dates aren't announced yet either. They might have planned on going to japan the week after south american/week before new zealand. but i think the word seems to be that U2 won't go to Japan until April after Australia. So, they can work around things and get all the South American dates in that they want. They have an entire month between Mexico and New Zealand. Surely they can find room for everyone in that timeframe.

Halup said:
Here's the latest I am hearing on why the South American dates have not been offically announced. As the dates currently stand, there is no show in Rio.

Apparently Bono in particular wants them to play there, partially because he still feels bad about the screw up in 1998 when the show was moved away from Maracana to Jacarepagua and many fans missed the show being stuck in traffic to get to the venue.

Supposedly he wants them to play at Maracana on March 5th, after Buenos Aires but there are problems though in obtaining Maracana. The only other suitable venue would be Rock City where the Rock In Rio festivals are held, but it would have the same problems that Jacarepagua had.

At issue also is that the promoter for Buenos Aires wants a third show there, which would conflict with when they want to play in Rio. It seems they are trying to sort out this before announcing any of the dates in South America officially.

The_acrobat said:
This could be why the Japanese dates aren't announced yet either. They might have planned on going to japan the week after south american/week before new zealand. but i think the word seems to be that U2 won't go to Japan until April after Australia. So, they can work around things and get all the South American dates in that they want. They have an entire month between Mexico and New Zealand. Surely they can find room for everyone in that timeframe.

I always assumed that Japan was coming after Australia, because when U2.com and tour promoter Arthur Fogel have mentioned the places being played on the 4th leg, they have always listed them in this order: Mexico, South America, New Zealand, Australia and Japan. It seems the reason they listed them this way is that they are occuring that way chronilogically.

I saw today on U2log.com the first rumors of dates and a city for Japan. They are listing April 4-5 in Yokohama, which would take care of the Tokyo market. Perhaps another city will be added, because otherwise if April 14th is the correct date for the tour finale in Honolulu, that's a long gap between shows to only play 1-2 Honolulu shows after 8 days off.

Arthur Fogel had mentioned almost a month ago that Vertigo 06 would consist of about 19 dates, which is the total we have now between announced and rumored dates which are:

1. Monterrey February 12 (official)

2-3. Mexico, D.F. February 15-16 (official)

4-5. Sao Paulo February 20-21 (rumored)

6. Santiago February 26 (rumored)

7. Buenos Aires March 1 (official)

8. Buenos Aires March 2 (rumored)

9-10. Auckalnd March 17-18 (official)

11. Brisbane March 21 (official)

12-13. Melbourne March 24-25 (official)

14. Adelaide March 28 (official)

15-16. Sydney March 31-April 1 (official)

17-18. Yokohama April 4-5 (rumored)

19. Honolulu April 14 (rumored)

Other reports suggest as many as 25 dates which also makes sense when you consider the band would like to add Rio De Janeiro or that a third Buenos Aires date may be added, Japan could get another 1-2 shows and Honolulu could probably add a second show.

Halup said:

Great, one more show in Argentina!

Screw Rio!

:evil:

U2@NYC said:

Great, one more show in Argentina!

Screw Rio!

:evil:

LOL and yeah there WILL be a third show in Buenos Aires. March 2nd tickets will probably be sold out by tomorrow or the day after at most. And loads of people have NOT got their ticket.

Halup said:
Pepokiss, unfortunately Franz Ferdinand will not be opening in South America. The Franz fan site www.franzferdinand.org has posted in their news section that they were informed by a spokesperson for Franz that they will not be supporting U2.

Also, Franz is now part of a festival show in Bangkok, Thailand on February 18th, so perhaps they will more dates in Asia while U2 is in South America.

Franz Ferdinand was actually confirmed as opening act in Buenos Aires by the concert organisation. Supposedly they'll open on the whole South American leg.

Back
Top Bottom