Chicago United Center shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelofHarlem01

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hi guys,
I was wondering if everybody was taking cameras to the shows even though the tickets say they aren't allowed? I've never been to a U2 concert before or to the United Center so I don't know whether they check your stuff to see if you have them or not? I know every other concert I've been to however, has had NO CAMERAS written on the tickets and everyone else in the crowd seemed to bring one expect me:coocoo: So what do you all think?:camera:

:heart:Ali:dance:

Just take in a disposable camera. That way, if it's taken away, you're only out $8 or so. That's what I plan on doing. True, they take crappy pictures, but I wouldn't risk taking my digital camera in there and having them convescate it.

I think a lot of it depends on the Venue. At Popmart in Minneapolis at the Metrodome I got patted down and didn't have a purse with me. At Elevation at the Target Center in Minneapolis I had a small rectangular purse with my camera on the bottom with the binoculars on top and went right in without anybody asking to look. A girl in front of us with a MUCH larger purse was asked if they could look and they just took a real quick glance and she was sent on her way. At the United Center for Elevation on 10/16 just after 9/11 when people were still shell shocked and security everywhere was being upped. I had the same purse with the binoculars on top of the camera and they just looked at the binoculars on top without me taking them out and just sent me on my way after I told them that was all that was in there aside from my id. ;)

Wow. First U2 show. It'll change your life. Hands down the most emotionally charged, electric, most powerful energy of any band & crowd combo in the world.

As for a digital camera. Ideally, a small one, like a credit card camera is the way to go. They never search socks. Never hide anything in your pockets or waist. And if you have a digital, they won't take it. They'll take the batteries - so throw another set somewhere on you, and reload when you get in.

And don't get so drunk that you don't remember every last detail!

Yeah I'm so excited, I can't believe I'm actually going to see them, will probably be on a whole nother planet the night of the concert:D Good idea about the digital camera, I hadn't thought of that. lol no worries I won't be getting drunk, I'll just be staring at the stage like this the whole time :love: :happy: lol. :sexywink:

:heart: Ali

I have a digital, but it's not that compact. I'm going to one show seated and one GA. Which one will I be more likely to get the camera inside w/o a problem? I'd like to take it while I'm seated b/c I hate the idea of holding the entire time standing GA.

heh, I hate the idea of my boyfriend holding my digicam (which I had to sell my entire desktop computer system to afford) while doing GA!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I have a digital, but it's not that compact. I'm going to one show seated and one GA. Which one will I be more likely to get the camera inside w/o a problem? I'd like to take it while I'm seated b/c I hate the idea of holding the entire time standing GA.

I wouldn't try taking a camera in with you, because The United Center WILL definitely take it from you, if you're caught with one.
They have a policy now where they keep the camera, and you don't get it returned after the show either. So, if you want to chance it...then take a disposable camera...that way, it's no big lost if they take it. (That's what alot of people usually do anyway, just to ensure that their own camera isn't stolen, or someone bumps into you, and it drops......etc.) But seriously.. Good Luck...I really think that you're gonna need it, if you try to bring one...As for me, I wouldn't chance it, cuz they also have the right to REFUSE ADMITTANCE to anyone within good reason, and if cameras are not allowed...than to me...that's good reason, cuz we're breaking the rules, so-to-speak..

MsMofoGone said:

I wouldn't try taking a camera in with you, because The United Center WILL definitely take it from you, if you're caught with one.
They have a policy now where they keep the camera, and you don't get it returned after the show either. So, if you want to chance it...then take a disposable camera...that way, it's no big lost if they take it. (That's what alot of people usually do anyway, just to ensure that their own camera isn't stolen, or someone bumps into you, and it drops......etc.) But seriously.. Good Luck...I really think that you're gonna need it, if you try to bring one...As for me, I wouldn't chance it, cuz they also have the right to REFUSE ADMITTANCE to anyone within good reason, and if cameras are not allowed...than to me...that's good reason, cuz we're breaking the rules, so-to-speak..

well i know last time they didnt care if people had cameras

and it seemed like everyone had them as flashes would go off all the time

i was standing first row at the tip of the heart and took pictures right in front of a security guy and he never said anything about it

i think maybe it would be smart to call ahead and see if they will allow them for this tour

Last edited:
I wish there was some universal policy about stuff like this. I remember when I went to see Bono speak in Lincoln, Nebraska, the National Guard (I'm serious) was there patting everyone down and rifling through purses and coats. The next weekend we saw him speak in Louisville, Kentucky and security told us they didn't care either way about cameras. People were squating in the isles videotaping.

I'll probably be calling up the UC sometime a week or two before the concert to check their policy. These things are always changing and so inconsistant, so I wouldn't even venture a guess until we see what happens to people w/ cameras at other venues and stuff.

I think you should get the A75 like I said and we can take your camera since it will be half the size of mine! :D

Ha - I got the A510. Which is basically the same as the A75, just a newer model with better zoom and 13% smaller. And it's cheaper than yours. All signs pointing toward me bringing mine. I might just bring my older 1.4 megapixel Fuji and if it's confiscated, no big deal. Though getting a disposable one is tempting too...

Back
Top Bottom