Chicago GA available NOW on ticketmaster.com!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup. Just pulled up 100 levels for today & tomorrow. Didn't buy 'em, though, so they're still out there! :)

Do you think the arena will appear as if there are a lot of empty seats? That would really be a horrible way to start the 3rd leg in US.

ramblin rose said:
Do you think the arena will appear as if there are a lot of empty seats? That would really be a horrible way to start the 3rd leg in US.

I've heard that most of the ones that slowly trickle out are tickets that were held for VIPs, friends of the tour, and associates of the concert venue that end up not getting used. If that's the case, I think that the vast majority of tickets are already purchased by the general public & the stadium should look quite full. And if it doesn't, we'll just have to give 'em a rockin' crowd! :rockon: :wink:

Utoo said:

I've heard that most of the ones that slowly trickle out are tickets that were held for VIPs, friends of the tour, and associates of the concert venue that end up not getting used. If that's the case, I think that the vast majority of tickets are already purchased by the general public & the stadium should look quite full. And if it doesn't, we'll just have to give 'em a rockin' crowd! :rockon: :wink:

I hope you're right. Considering there are tons on broker sites, ticketmaster never really quite stopped selling them and there are quite a few even on this forum that people can't seem to get rid of, you might want to start preparing for the rockin crowd strategy.:huh: :wink:

ramblin rose said:

I hope you're right. Considering there are tons on broker sites, ticketmaster never really quite stopped selling them and there are quite a few even on this forum that people can't seem to get rid of, you might want to start preparing for the rockin crowd strategy.:huh: :wink:

Come to DC and you & I will give them a good time! :wink:

Utoo said:

Come to DC and you & I will give them a good time! :wink:

Oh I have no doubt about DC (or practically anywhere else) my doubt was only referring to Chicago, it seems people can't even give those tickets away.

I'll be at both DC btw. :)

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:

Oh I have no doubt about DC (or practically anywhere else) my doubt was only referring to Chicago.

I'll be at both DC btw. :)

Where will you be? I've got GAs for the 19th & section 228 for the 20th. I'm looking forward to meeting some Interferencers coz this will be my first U2 concert as a member. :)

Utoo said:

Where will you be? I've got GAs for the 19th & section 228 for the 20th. I'm looking forward to meeting some Interferencers coz this will be my first U2 concert as a member. :)

I'm in section 111 on the 19th & 108 on the 20th. Can't wait.

I know U2Fanatic4ever will be on the GA line one of those days.

ramblin rose said:

I think D.C. will release very few GA's. Most of them are going to friends/VIPs. and people with Washington Sports and Entertainment for both shows.

Super_Fan said:

I think D.C. will release very few GA's. Most of them are going to friends/VIPs. and people with Washington Sports and Entertainment for both shows.

I agree. All of the VIP tickets will be used. Exepct to see Senator Chris Dodd & other Africa/HIV-minded political folks. Also, I have a feeling we'll have some high-powered Bono meetings those days, as well.

As for the GA line---hehe, yeah let's stop talking about it. :wink: And let's tell everyone to get there at 2pm..hehe :macdevil: :wink: Unfortunately, since we only get two shows in the area, I have a feeling it'll be packed....

Super_Fan said:

You are right.

As I stated previously, I was referring to Chicago not Washington D.C. or any other city, other than Chicago.

In Chicago there seems to be an abundance of tickets available, including, but not limited to GA.

ramblin rose said:

There were hundreds of tickets available for both San Diego shows from Brokers the day before each show, yet all of them were sold by show time. I have a great bootleg video of the first San Diego show and there is not an empty seat in the house.

Before the second Philly show back in May, they released over 100 GA's from the boxoffice, plus scalpers did good business outside the arena. Once inside though, the place was packed, no empty seats except for the occasional person using the bathroom or getting beer.

Chicago will be like this, and the boxscore results for the show will be available in a couple of weeks (at www.billboard.com under the link "Top Concerts" ) showing specifically the number of tickets sold and whether the show was a complete sellout or not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom