Chances of getting tickets on day of show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gaelicstormfan

The Fly
Ok here is my question to everyone. I am without tickets for the Omaha 12/15 show and was looking at a ticketbroker who has GA seats for $190 a piece. Has anyone had pretty good luck finding tickets from people trying to get rid of their tickets a few hours before the show? I am in need of two tickets and it can be anywhere but i just don't want to pay an arm and a leg ($433) for two GA tickets. Anyone's input would be appreicated.

Thanks
Patrick

I had a GA ticket at Denver back in April that I could not get rid of (I kept and scanned both tickets trying to get in the ellipse) , and there were other GA's being sold by people in line. BUT that was a two-show U2 stop. And the demand seems to have stepped up on this third leg in general. If you were looking for one, I would say your chances are pretty good, but it might be tough/more expensive to get two.

Thanks for sending some hope my way! I have been looking for Dec. 4 Boston for weeks now. Not at the point where I will take any ticket just to have it in hand. I hope to find a ticket in Boston. This could be box office or finding another U2 fan with an exta ticket.
Love your agentorange -- I had the sweetest orange tabby with that name!
Love & Peace

I know MANY folks who have gone to shows and were lucky to have gotten tickets DAY OF....either by trading or buying from people mulling about the venue, or from ticket drops at the box office.....these shows were: Vegas 1&2, San Diego 1&2, All Anaheim shows, all Staples shows, Denver, Glendale, San Jose, Oakland, Milwaukee and Chicago 5/10, 5/12 and 9/20. Keep checking Ticketmaster too as sometimes they release tickets a day before or few days before or even day of.......If you've got that faith and determination to get tickets, they WILL make themselves available. I have friends with travel arrangements already made for Portland who have gotten tickets before (above shows) who I know will get in to the Portland show. Good luck....persevere! I wouldn't pay the eBay price. Also I would NEVER pay above face value for a ticket. Ever. True U2 fans will sell to fellow fans at face only. Or trade. Don't feed into a scalper's pockets.:wink:

KARMABONO
if you're coming to boston, you should not have a problem getting a ticket the day of the show...get there early and wait in line for the ticket drop...there has been one at every boston show so far (and just about every other show i think)...also, there are people usually milling around during the day who have extras they will sell for face value or a little more...and even if you strike out here, the vultures...cough scalpers....will be around before the show, and you can always shell out some hefty dough to grab good seats...have fun, ill be there SUN and MON

rock888nwo said:
KARMABONO
if you're coming to boston, you should not have a problem getting a ticket the day of the show...get there early and wait in line for the ticket drop...there has been one at every boston show so far (and just about every other show i think)...also, there are people usually milling around during the day who have extras they will sell for face value or a little more...and even if you strike out here, the vultures...cough scalpers....will be around before the show, and you can always shell out some hefty dough to grab good seats...have fun, ill be there SUN and MON

Are there actual designated lines for the ticket drops? When I've done it, it's always been a line up, ask, line up (again), ask... at the general box office.

Thanks for the encouragement! I do plan to go to the box office for a ticket drop. I also believe that a ticket is waiting for me -- where there is a will there is a way. Thanks again! See you in Boston!!!!!!!!!
Love & Peace & Good Ticket Karma
:heart: :heart:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom