CANADIAN Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
In times like these, us Canadians need to stick together. Let's keep all rumours for Canadian tour dates in this thread so we don't have to scour the internet for info.

So Far we have:

Toronto: U2 will play at the ACC March 26th & 27th.

Montreal: ???

Winnipeg: U2 will NOT visit on the first leg. Possibly the 2nd leg of the tour.

Edmonton/Calgary: ?????

Vancouver: ?????

Anyone have additional information about Canadian dates?

My birthday summons to people will be

Being my birthday is April 2nd, I'll put out a decree to all my friends in the entire canadian world that I be given premium tickets for my birthday. Hoping for the ACC in toronto, but montreal is a nice trip on a train aswell.

march 26th and 27th? that's wonderfull, a weekend! so I can attend both concerts, ACC will be free over than weekend, so a 3rd gig might be added, maybe on the 25th since there is hockey on monday 27th, where did u get this info from?

Toronto: U2 will play at the ACC March 26th & 27th.

Anyone have additional information about Canadian dates? [/B]

Re: Re: CANADIAN Tour Dates

marcou2 said:
march 26th and 27th? that's wonderfull, a weekend! so I can attend both concerts, ACC will be free over than weekend, so a 3rd gig might be added, maybe on the 25th since there is hockey on monday 27th, where did u get this info from?

From U2tours.com

I'm guessing that they got the info from ACC management.

I'm really keen to visit Toronto for these 2 shows. Whats the best way to secure tickets if I live in the UK?

Will there be touts outside on the night? Will the box office sell tickets in the days leading up to the gig?

Thanks for all your advice!

H

Well is there any updated information? Are they going to play in Calgary or Edmonton, indoors or outdoors, will they play both? :banghead:

H said:
I'm really keen to visit Toronto for these 2 shows. Whats the best way to secure tickets if I live in the UK?

H

As a Torontonian I can tell you that the best way might be thru U2.com. Toronto shows sell out immediately, even if there are 2. Good luck!

Re: Re: Re: CANADIAN Tour Dates

boosterjuice said:

From U2tours.com

I'm guessing that they got the info from ACC management.
ticketmaster.ca and select pick the ticket at the box office before the concert!
any other quistion, since I can't send you a private message, my msn/email is mark_cti2 @ hot mail

H,
Yes, there will be tickets available from scalpers for the Toronto shows. From past experiences, both shows will sell out within 15 minutes ( The ACC holds about 20,000 ). I think for the Elevation tour, the 2 shows were sold out within 12 minutes so it will be tough to get through on Ticketmaster. The Toronto Star ( the largest daily newspaper in TO ) usually has plenty of ads for tickets available at a premium ( after they go on sale to the public ) so at least you'll know what the going rate will be from scalpers - or if you prefer, you can buy it from one of the ads in the paper before hand so you can make the trip into town with the tickets. Best of Luck ! I'm hoping to make it for both shows,

MJ

thanks for the advice guys - really appreciate it.

I'm thinking of going even without tickets - I hear Toronto is a great city ands have wanted to visit for a while.

H

I'm quite surprised that Calgary or Edmonton aren't on the "tentative" tour list that's currently floaring around the net. Alberta is a larger market for U2 than Seattle or Vancouver - who are supposedly getting 2 shows each.

PopMart tour:

Edmonton: 90,000
Seattle: 30,260
Vancouver 28,000+

Elevation tour:

Calgary: 35,778
Tacoma: 21,807
Vancouver: 18,000

You can always buy tickets the day of. Of course, not everyone wants to go through that stress, but they were available at all shows in the past (GAs + Golden Circle/Lower Bowl). I can tell you that last time, scalpers were asking $200 in advance for GAs (they sold for $50 face value), but the day of, they wanted upwards of $300-$400 per ticket which is insanity.

Generally speaking, getting tickets for show #2 can be relatively easy provided that they sell them consecutively. The way it worked last time is that only when show #1 sold out (say 15-20 minutes), show #2 went on sale. If you are vigilant about refreshing the ticketmaster page, you should have no trouble getting tickets for that show.

NoControl said:
I'm quite surprised that Calgary or Edmonton aren't on the "tentative" tour list that's currently floaring around the net. Alberta is a larger market for U2 than Seattle or Vancouver - who are supposedly getting 2 shows each.

PopMart tour:

Edmonton: 90,000
Seattle: 30,260
Vancouver 28,000+

Elevation tour:

Calgary: 35,778
Tacoma: 21,807
Vancouver: 18,000

do you have any links or anything for those numbers... the sources I found say Calgary got 18,000 each show they had... so both added together would be your number... and GM Place, as the Saddledome I expect, has a max capacity of about 18,000, which the GA tickets just about evening out the backstage area

both markets are just about the same, and demand is just as high in both, and is limited to arena space

I'm pretty sure that probably both Calgary and Edmonton will get shows

korczykp said:
do you have any links or anything for those numbers... the sources I found say Calgary got 18,000 each show they had... so both added together would be your number... and GM Place, as the Saddledome I expect, has a max capacity of about 18,000, which the GA tickets just about evening out the backstage area

both markets are just about the same, and demand is just as high in both, and is limited to arena space

I'm pretty sure that probably both Calgary and Edmonton will get shows

Buried in the archives of this portion of this site are attendance figures for almost all of the shows on U2's two previous tours. I'm not sure of the link.

anitram said:
You can always buy tickets the day of. Of course, not everyone wants to go through that stress, but they were available at all shows in the past (GAs + Golden Circle/Lower Bowl). I can tell you that last time, scalpers were asking $200 in advance for GAs (they sold for $50 face value), but the day of, they wanted upwards of $300-$400 per ticket which is insanity.

Generally speaking, getting tickets for show #2 can be relatively easy provided that they sell them consecutively. The way it worked last time is that only when show #1 sold out (say 15-20 minutes), show #2 went on sale. If you are vigilant about refreshing the ticketmaster page, you should have no trouble getting tickets for that show.

Hey anitram, I like your signature!!! it rocks, Bono would be proud of you if he read it :)
Ya, it sucks, since I have no credit card I'll have to sleep over a ticketmaster outlet and with some luck I'll get tix!
I missed U2 back in Nov 2001 in Hamilton cuz I didn't get tix :(

Could someone whos going to Montreal or Toronto possibley get a ticket for me?....If i'm able to get my tickets.
I know i will be at the VERY least, going to one show in Montreal...(at the moment i plan to go Montreal , then Toronto)
I should be able to get my Montreal ticket for the first show off the pre-sale.

I can also do the same thing if somone else wants tickets (if mum lets me user her credit card....for more tickets :) )

You can e-mail me here if you like : danalm2@bigpond.com

Ive spoken to somebody from Rexall Place here in Edmonton and they told me that U2 have a definate plan to come here on the fall leg for 1 or 2 shows.

They have been working on this for the last few months, dont know how the postponement will affect this.

Yahweh said:
Ive spoken to somebody from Rexall Place here in Edmonton and they told me that U2 have a definate plan to come here on the fall leg for 1 or 2 shows.

They have been working on this for the last few months, dont know how the postponement will affect this.

:ohmy: :drool: :happy: :hyper: :combust: :applaud:
Oh PLEASE make this be true!!!

There is an article in today's Vancouver Province that reads:

"A leaked copy of U2's itinerary, which may or may not be current, lists two Vancouver concert dates: April 28 and 29.

That's not to say that the Irish rockers will be performing two shows - the common practice is to put two dates on hold, and if the sales look good, to book a second show, or they could need a lead-in day to build the stage.

Toronto appears to be getting the group twice - March 26 and/or 27, and again Sept 16 and/or 17. The latter dates follow a break and will be preceded by a week of rehearsals. The world tour is confirmed to kick off March 1 in Miami."

Well...it's pretty much been confirmed that the tour is not starting March 1 but I wouldn't mind seeing U2 in April (two shows please :yes: ). And with regards to the Toronto dates it looks like the September dates are the re-scheduled dates...but who really knows :shrug:

Another thought...if the NHL season is cancelled (and it probably will be) a lot of arenas will be looking for concert business.

We are working really hard on Ottawa being added to the tour so I wouldn't count us out yet.We have been talking to the management team.Being that the tour has been postponed by a couple of weeks all dates are up in the air

Clearly, everything will change with the postponement of the tour.

One Toronto radio station is now saying Toronto will get shows on September 10, 11, 12. I'm not sure where they're getting their info from.

fah said:
There is an article in today's Vancouver Province that reads:

That's not to say that the Irish rockers will be performing two shows - the common practice is to put two dates on hold, and if the sales look good, to book a second show, or they could need a lead-in day to build the stage.

I just became a U2 fan recently and I really really want to go see them live in Vancouver. If the dates don't change for Vancouver, I'm hoping they will have a second show because I'm still in school. This would be my first concert so I have absolutely no idea how the ticket sales have worked in Vancouver and how fast they have sold out in past shows.

Can anyone fill me in this stuff??

:huh:

fah said:

Haven't they always played 2 shows in Vancouver?

No they played only 1 show in Vancouver last tour due to a basketball game the next day....the team that doesnt play there anymore lol

Wow. Two shows in Calgary, but only one in Vancouver - that just seems weird. :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom