Calling all New Yorkers!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosCamerawoma

The Fly
My husband and I are making our first trip to New York for the 2 shows in a couple of weeks - we travel next Sunday, I can't believe I am actually going!!!!

I was wondering if anyone could tell us whereabouts around MSG the band arrive and at what time. I have been lucky enough to meet Bono twice and am not going to spend precious time waiting for hours when I could be sightseeing (and shopping!!!) but if I had an idea of what time they usually arrived I would go over on one of the days.

Another quick question - we don't actually leave until the evening of Thanksgiving Day and I was wondering if you could confirm whether the Macy's Parade was in the morning (I hope so!). I will be staying at the Hilton Times Square hotel, so does the parade pass near there?

Thanks guys for the info and I can't wait to see your great city!!!!!!!

As far as the tour, generally it's around 4 PM give or take an hour but MSG is always a crapshoot as far as if/when they come out. Actually, more often than not they may come out *after* the show, about 1-2AM. At MSG 10/10 Bono did stop when he arrived - it was after 5PM. Entrance is around mid-block on 33rd St.

The Macy's parade is definitely Thanksgiving morning, not sure what time it starts (been in London for all but one of the past eight Turkey Days but am staying in NYC this year) - I think around 9AM. The parade goes down Broadway from Columbus Circle to 34th St (72nd to Columbus Circle is on Central Park West - Bono should have a nice view from his apt. ;) ) , the Hilton is a block west of there, so you will be close.

Thank you so much for the info.

I am really thrilled I will get to see the parade, that's an added bonus. Whereabouts is Bono's apartment block? I am not going to stalk or anything, but I would like to just walk past and see it if I am in the area. If you don't want to post the info, would you let me know privately and email me at carolyn@u2chat.com.

Thanks again!

Hey, I'm also going to 11/21 and *crosses fingers* 11/22 - and I'm staying in the T.S. Hilton too!! Wonder how many others U2-ers are staying there...

Did you get a reply re. Bono's apt? I take it it's on CPW somewhere. Like you am curious in a non stalkerish way ;)

Back
Top Bottom