Buying Portland GA tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

junebuglaura

The Fly
Okay, other question from a new person, but didn't see this discussed anywhere...

Who is selling the Portland GA tickets? GAs are not listed on ticketmaster. Does this mean I need to go to the box office if I want to try to get GA day-of-show?

Thanks!

There are plenty of threads and message boards on the internet selling tickets.....Or Try eBay. GAs at this point are VERY EXPENSIVE. You can also keep checking Ticketbastard to see if they drop tickets before the show but due to the fact this is the last US show I'd doubt that.....the other alternative is to get in line at the Rose Garden box office EARLY the day of and hope that tickets get dropped for sale. Good luck.

Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

I meant, what is the official outlet for floor tickets?

There is NO category for floor tickets listed on ticketmaster for Portland.

Edit: I am hoping for a ticket drop, but want to be checking the right place!

Last edited:
Yes, yes, I AM hoping for a ticket drop.

But I am wondering, if GAs are dropped, will they show up on Ticketmaster?

Here are the seat choices as listed on ticketmaster:

SECOND OF THREE LEVELS - 200 LEVEL
US $160.00

FIRST OF THREE LEVELS - 100 LEVEL
US $95.00 - US $160.00

THIRD OF THREE LEVELS - 300 LEVEL
US $95.00

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Sat, 03/12/05 10:00 AM PST

U2//VERTIGO//2005 TOUR
ROSE GARDEN, PORTLAND OR
NO CAMERAS/RECORDERS
MON DEC 19, 2005 7:30PM

See, there is no floor seats listed. I know they are sold out. But so are all the other seats! There isn't even a category for floor, that is why I am asking this question.

I thought someone would know about this, but I can just try calling ticketmaster tomorrow.

Last edited:
I don't think you're going to have any luck with GAs being dropped on Ticketmaster. I may be wrong, but I think the tickets that do get dropped in the days leading up to the concert are all reserved seats.

They sometimes (usually?) have GAs at the day-of-show drop at the box office.

:wave:

Thanks corianderstem, that's what conclusion I came to.

I have reserved seats already (well, picking them up on Thursday after I get to Portland).

I was just curious because the other shows have GA categories still on ticketmaster. But from what I've read around here you are right: TM drops reserved seats mainly. So it doesn't really matter... I'll be going to the Rose Garden bright and early!

I have friends who have been to shows in Seattle, San Jose, both Vegas, LA, Anaheim and Milwaukee who waited in the Box Office line for tickets day of and managed to come out with GA. So there is faith that GA may be available in Portland too. Just have to camp in line.

Carek1230 said:
I have friends who have been to shows in Seattle, San Jose, both Vegas, LA, Anaheim and Milwaukee who waited in the Box Office line for tickets day of and managed to come out with GA. So there is faith that GA may be available in Portland too. Just have to camp in line.

Hmm, camp starting when? I wonder when people will start forming a line.

Have extra GA for somebody

Hi there June...or anyone needing a GA for Portland.

I do have an extra bought from a broker. PM me if interested. We can even deliver it or meet up there to exchange if you'd like. we are flying in from San Jose the day before the show in Portland.

Mel :wink:

Junebug, I understand what you're saying about TicketMaster, hehe. If you're forced to wait until the day-of, you'll have a better chance at the Box Office than online. I think what happens is there's floor tickets reserved for VIPs, radio station promos, band pool, etc, and throughout the day, these people realize they don't need them all and turn them over to the venue for drops. I'm not sure how it works, but I've heard in situations like this, the venue will have access to more ticket drops than TicketMaster as a whole, so you're better off getting to the Box Office REALLY early than sitting at your computer.

Good luck! I drove over 8 hours to St. Louis in the dark and snow/rain and had to wait until 3:30pm the day of the show for a GA ticket to drop! 7 GAs dropped in the morning, but I wasn't first in line. Of course I was first after those drops happened, but then nothing....for 6 hrs...until at 3:30 they announced there would be a drop of seats. I wanted to cry b/c I knew I couldn't afford the seat and I'd driven all that way to sit in the car. So when the drop happened, I turned down the seat and said I just want one GA please and the lady tried and tried until I got one :D It was veeeery stressful and if I'd had the money I would've much preferred to pay extra for ETS or a broker. The nice thing was they let us wait inside as long as we kept quiet, stayed in line, and stayed out of the way b/c people were coming to buy tickets for other events. Considering Portland will be in higher demand, I'd exhaust all other options before a box office drop, or at least make sure you're first at the box office.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Junebug, I understand what you're saying about TicketMaster, hehe.

Thank goodness, I am not totally :coocoo:.

:laugh:

Thanks for the advice. Luckily I have already secured a GA ticket for Portland and won't have to go through the stress of trying to get tickets day-of.

Back
Top Bottom