Buffalo show highlights...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
Let's post 'em here!

1. Gloria! That was probably THE song I hadn't heard live yet and am psyched they played it.
2. Help... crowd singing final chorus in unison was beautiful.
3. Instant Karma... we all shine on! Amazing energy!
4. GA line indoors!
5. Tons of Buffalo mentions in songs...

what else can you think of?

It was an amazing night.

Until the end of the World was a major highlight for me, I had yet to hear it live and was blown away.

It was also my first night in the ellipse (and a rail spot to boot).

AND I got a setlist from the show.

I loved waiting inside close to the front of the line, and of course getting a spot on the rail almost identical if not better than my spot on the rail in Pittsburgh. I liked hearing Gloria, that was new for me. I screamed my head off in Until The End Of The World because I was so excited to hear it live! I liked the chase too! Had Bono done any sports in school, he should have run in track...he'd be an excellent sprinter :wink:

I got a setlist too! As well as a guitar pick!

<3U2 said:
I loved waiting inside close to the front of the line, and of course getting a spot on the rail almost identical if not better than my spot on the rail in Pittsburgh. I liked hearing Gloria, that was new for me. I screamed my head off in Until The End Of The World because I was so excited to hear it live! I liked the chase too! Had Bono done any sports in school, he should have run in track...he'd be an excellent sprinter :wink:

I got a setlist too! As well as a guitar pick!

damn, I got scooted out of the exit before they tore up the setlist on Adam's side... oh well. Was there anything on the setlist that wasn't played?

The Bono / Edge chase was pretty awesome... it's weird to think they only were in Buffalo for about 3 hours. Pretty much off the plane, on the stage, back on the plane... would have been cool if they had come out to the GA line inside the front of HSBC.

p.s. want to trade an Institute setlist for a U2 one? :wink:

They played everything on the setlist...except The Ocean wasn't on it! Hm...it must have been too short to include. I think I'm happy with my U2 setlist :wink: I almost got a water bottle from Institute, I had my hand on it and then someone from behind me yanked it away!

Maybe they would have come to the GA line if they weren't late...stupid Boston weather :mad:

<3U2 said:
They played everything on the setlist...except The Ocean wasn't on it! Hm...it must have been too short to include. I think I'm happy with my U2 setlist :wink: I almost got a water bottle from Institute, I had my hand on it and then someone from behind me yanked it away!

Maybe they would have come to the GA line if they weren't late...stupid Boston weather :mad:

One thing I did pick up off the ellipse floor was an empty package of 'Ernie Ball' guitar strings. I'm wondering if they're from either one of Adam's basses or one of Edge's guitars? They were on Adam's side, so I'm assuming they were for one of his basses.

Not a setlist, but a cool souvenir nonetheless... funky packaging.

i got there around 6:30, but they were still scanning for the bomb shelter. didnt get in but was about 5 rows of people back on edges side. instant karma was real cool! singing help was also great. i think u2 enjoyed the night. dont know why they just did 1 gig. could have easily sold out 2 as people come in from ontario to. security were on a power trip i think, see alot of people being talked to. oh well thats it for me on this tour. mmm could visit my mate in melbourne in march...

My seats were right next to the ellipse security check. It did seem as though they were hassling a lot of people. Some girls lit up right behind us and security was on them immediately (thankfully, I wasn't too psyched about the smell). Security seemed to throw quite a few people out of the ellipse towards the end.

Loved hearing Gloria, Instant Karma, Help singalong, refreshed UTEOW and Stuck, plus OOTS! Watching Larry blow his nose a couple of times...caught a cold partying too hard in Boston!! The delay coming in from Boston explains the rough around the edges look of the boys, especially Bono!

Glad to hear the GA line was inside...was that why the regular line moved so slow??? I missed the opening act completely!! 35 minutes to get inside from all the way around the back of the arena...bitter cold winds of the lake :madspit:!

The ellipse looked a lot more full than the Toronto 1 show I was at in Sept.

Also looked like Bono was pulling the belly dancer's hair during WOWY~

Some high-pitched feedback during the beginning was a little annoying and the man from Belfast guessing most of the songs - wrongly - then swearing, slightly annoying.

Another fantastic U2 show...I'm so depressed it's over!!

Last edited:
u2wedge said:

One thing I did pick up off the ellipse floor was an empty package of 'Ernie Ball' guitar strings. I'm wondering if they're from either one of Adam's basses or one of Edge's guitars? They were on Adam's side, so I'm assuming they were for one of his basses.

Not a setlist, but a cool souvenir nonetheless... funky packaging.

To answer your question.....

Quoted from a post of GabrielVox:

Nope.

And they arent bass guitar strings either.

if anything, those are the guitarist's from Institute.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom