Brisbanites March 21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
hi everyone- I cant believe that I am posting back at this place!! oh well- anyway..I would love to re-connect with some people and anyone in particular who is going to be at the Brisbane gig..

I am planning on going to only Brisbane- I wish I could afford more tickets. So with the sale of tickets, what do you think is going to be the best way to get tickets for Bris, do you really think it will sell out quickly? and what are going to be the best tickets to get- A reserve or GA???

I need help :)

Hey, I remember you, I was wondering where you'd got to! :wave:

I'll be going to Brisbane too, and I'm honestly skeptical that it will sell out. Bear in mind the venue can hold around 50,000 people and only sold 17,500 on Popmart - with no tour in between and the ATYCLB effect gone, and the HTDAAB effect having over a year to wane, I really don't know if U2's popularity has increased that sufficiently to sell out Brisbane. The favourable prices will help it along a lot, though.

Personally, I'm going GA, for financial concerns as well as the fact I really like GA. I'm expecting at least 15,000 GA tickets will be available so I don't expect it to sell out instantaneously.

Hey Axver- I remember you too and I know that you live at Tallai and I now live on the Goldy- at Burleigh Heads!!!

do you know exactly what the Brisbane ticket prices will be? and yeah, I really doubt that Bris will sell out- I dont even think that they sold out for Zoomerang at Bris (well the stadium looked like there were still a few seats avail and they were derinatley a lot 'bigger' back then)

keep in touch dude:)

Hey, I am an American who will be studying on the Gold Coast for a semester starting in January. I am very interested in going to the Brisbane show, but I don't know how easy it will be to get from the Gold Coast (I will be in Robina) to the stadium. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks.

Also, sorry, how would I go about buying tickets, being as I am in America now?

Thanks again.

Capsimon said:
Also, sorry, how would I go about buying tickets, being as I am in America now?

Thanks again.

I take it you will be studying at Bond Uni? If so, Don's Tavern, Thursday nights are a must.....

Back to U2.....if you don't have a pre-sale code you will need to log into Ticketmaster Australia and register on there first. General Sale tickets are Monday 5th at midday local time (I think).

As for getting to the stadium, trains from Robina Train Station run directly into Brisbane, so getting there and back should be very easy. Best thing to do though is keep an eye out on these boards as I'm sure there will be a few people travelling from the Coast, (me being one of them) by either train or car, so you should be able to meet up with some fans so you're not on your own.

I hope this helps you a bit.....

OzAurora said:
Hey Axver- I remember you too and I know that you live at Tallai and I now live on the Goldy- at Burleigh Heads!!!

do you know exactly what the Brisbane ticket prices will be? and yeah, I really doubt that Bris will sell out- I dont even think that they sold out for Zoomerang at Bris (well the stadium looked like there were still a few seats avail and they were derinatley a lot 'bigger' back then)

keep in touch dude:)

Oh, really? Cool! Think that makes you the fifth Gold Coaster here. For so long, I thought I was the only one, but now fullautoreverse, neilm, Precious3, and you have come out of the woodwork! I'm actually moving up to Brisbane in the coming months, to university at St Lucia, so I'll be up there at the time of the concert.

As far as Brisbane goes, I imagine this seating plan will help you immensely:

u2map28nov.GIF

Won't be shocked if we see large swathes of seats unsold. I think if they can double the Popmart attendance, that'll be really impressive. Can't see them tripling it to hit the 50,000.

Capsimon said:
Hey, I am an American who will be studying on the Gold Coast for a semester starting in January. I am very interested in going to the Brisbane show, but I don't know how easy it will be to get from the Gold Coast (I will be in Robina) to the stadium. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks.

I basically second what neilm says. Trains depart Robina for Brisbane roughly every half hour. Not sure what station, if any, is near the concert venue though, so you may have to connect with a bus. The trains are usually efficient, and the station's right near Robina Town Centre (shopping centre), so you can't miss it.

You're basically left with buying tickets online, and registering on Ticketmaster.com.au will make the process a lot quicker for you when you go to buy tickets. If it helps you to know, the GAs are about $15-20 more expensive than in the US (face value excluding fees), but the most expensive seating is cheaper than the most expensive US seating. I consider these concerts good value. The show will most likely not sell out (or if it does, take some time in doing so), so you should be able to acquire tickets of some description easily. The good ones might be tougher for you.

Neilm,
Thanks for the help. I will try to get tickets. I have been to two shows on this tour (NYC 5/21 and Pittsburgh 10/22) and they were incredible, so when I found out that they would be going to Brisbane, I was pretty happy. By the way, I am studying at Bond University for the semester along with three Fraternity brothers, and am very excited, I have heard nothing but good things. Could you tell me a little bit more about Don's Tavern on Thursday nights, as I would like to get there with a good idea about the party/bar/club scene. As far as the getting the tickets, I probably will not be able to get tickets until a few hours after they go on sale online, do you think I should be ok with getting them, because I know that in the USA they sold out within minutes? Also, I would definitely be interested in going with some people to the show. My last class on Tuesday is over at 4PM, is that enough time to get to the stadium?

Thanks again,
Jeff

Capsimon said:
Neilm,
Thanks for the help. I will try to get tickets. I have been to two shows on this tour (NYC 5/21 and Pittsburgh 10/22) and they were incredible, so when I found out that they would be going to Brisbane, I was pretty happy. By the way, I am studying at Bond University for the semester along with three Fraternity brothers, and am very excited, I have heard nothing but good things. Could you tell me a little bit more about Don's Tavern on Thursday nights, as I would like to get there with a good idea about the party/bar/club scene. As far as the getting the tickets, I probably will not be able to get tickets until a few hours after they go on sale online, do you think I should be ok with getting them, because I know that in the USA they sold out within minutes? Also, I would definitely be interested in going with some people to the show. My last class on Tuesday is over at 4PM, is that enough time to get to the stadium?

Thanks again,
Jeff

Hey Jeff

Don's Tavern is actually a public bar inside the Bond Uni Campus. On a Thursday night, all the Uni guys and gals head there for drink, music and whatever else happens! It's a huge pub and that night attracts more than a thousand people. After it finishes, some head off into Surfers Paradise, others head to on Campus parties etc, the smaller minority head home! It's a great night out and most of the Bond Uni students are a great bunch of people.

As for the U2 Brisbane show - a 4pm class finish will get you from Robina to Brisbane easily. I think the show starts at 7.30pm or something like that so it's enough time to get on a train and make your way in.

If I were you, I would try and make sure you are up and about and online when the tickets go on sale Monday at midday (oz time) just in case, but I think you'll probably be able to get a Brisbane ticket easily enough. Don't quote me on that last part though!!!!

If you need any other info, feel free to email me at nmadden1@hotmail.com

Cheers
Neil

Since the tickets go on sale at midday, what time do you suggest would be the best to start lining up to buy the tickets?

Hey guys. I'm relatively new to this site. I'm a Sydney sider but lived in Brissie for 10 years. I'm not sure if it'll be worth it going up to see the band play on a Tuesday night (will have to camp out overnight to get the best GA spots). Why frigging Tuesday? If i don't go and i end up with crap spots to the Sydney show i'll never forgive myself. Stupid U2 dilemma.

By the way, tix are on sale at 9am here on Monday. I didn't realise it starts at 12pm in Brissie. Would I be at an advantage for Bris tix? Surely not?

Hey guys, what time is everyone planning on getting to the ticketmaster at Pacific Fair (this is where I am getting my tix from) and I really need some help- I want to be able to sit with all of my friends and due to the lack of ticketmaster sites, compared with ticketek, I offered to get all of our tickets (with everyone putting their money into my bank account, and I am not working monday, so I have all the time in the world to get the tickets, from the shop, instead of stuffing about either online or on the phone) however I need ten tickets and you are only allowed to buy eight of the damn things- I would love it if someone could help me out- someone who also is planning on being at pac fair and is not buying eight tickets. does this all make sense...

OzAurora said:
Hey guys, what time is everyone planning on getting to the ticketmaster at Pacific Fair (this is where I am getting my tix from) and I really need some help- I want to be able to sit with all of my friends and due to the lack of ticketmaster sites, compared with ticketek, I offered to get all of our tickets (with everyone putting their money into my bank account, and I am not working monday, so I have all the time in the world to get the tickets, from the shop, instead of stuffing about either online or on the phone) however I need ten tickets and you are only allowed to buy eight of the damn things- I would love it if someone could help me out- someone who also is planning on being at pac fair and is not buying eight tickets. does this all make sense...

Hi OzAurora

I don't think the doors at Pac Fair will will open until around 7.30/8am will they? Rebel Sports is inside and up the esculator. You might want to check that out today.

I won't be there myself as I got my tickets in the pre-sale, but I reckon if you ask anyone near you in the queue, they will help you out with your extra two tickets. Good Luck!!

Back
Top Bottom