Brisbane/Qld people: ANZ vs Suncorp Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Ok...

Anyone who has been to a show at ANZ would definately agree its a shite venue. I think U2 would even skip Brisbane if they decided to do stadiums cos it just sucks.

Zoo TV was great (good crowd and tour) but, Popmart there was just woeful. Many other shows played there have sucked too. Madonna and Elton John to name a few.

As I have earlier stated, we have a lovely new stadium here (Suncorp Stadium - aka LANG PARK!). However, due to noise restrictions concerts arent played there. I emailed the Events Manager for the stadium and he told me that although this is the case, exceptions if the right groups meet and agree.

Wouldnt it be great to see U2 in a great venue like Suncorp? I went there for a football game and thought a U2 concert would go great there.

If you would like to help in this matter please email the Suncorp Stadium Events Manager on:

bblackman@suncorpstadium.com.au

or Qld Premier Peter Beattie on:

thepremier@premiers.qld.gov.au

Hmmm, they may make accept an exception for U2, but I dunno. ANZ is cool - but the transport links are arse. I saw Bon Jovi there, U2 twice (Popmart sucked more because a whole, what, 18,000 people turned up so there was no vibe), Madonna and the Stones at ANZ - all were OK. It looks like an Indoor tour is still on the cards - so it looks like to Boondall we all go.

Sorry - check the reference to Boondall at the end of my last post - that is the Entertainment Centre. It's in Boondall, also known as the Boonies...

BEC is only an option if they go indoors. However, word is that this tour will be outdoors in Oz. Im quite happy for it to be at BEC if its an indoor tour.

I do love that outdoor stage though!

bono_man said:

I do love that outdoor stage though!

i second that.

i had a response from the premiers email, saying it would be passed on to the premier...come on petey work your magic!

I like the concept Timothius - they wouldn't have to bring the screens etc, however a venue with a capacity above 1,500 would be better! :)

1,500 would be sweet :) and then like at the end of the show, gretel comes out with a big stick telling the audience to be quiet and announces "it's time to go..........U2" :wink:

I've heard only that U2 would play indoors in australia. If outdoors, surely the Gabba is the biggest venue in Brisbane? Will the new stand be finished by next year?

:( the BB stage is tiny... well yeah. it would be squishy....
i would nominate gretel for 2 points, because no-one from u2 deserves to be evicted.. and she changes her hair 2 often.... :laugh:

Do you think The Gabba could be an option? Or would there be noise restrictions? Hmmm....

I reckon they'll skip Brissie all together if its a stadium tour. One show in Melbourne, one in Sydney then maybe one in NZ, then off!

I really doubt the Gabba... the one and only time I was there I was amazed how close hosues were to the gound. There is literally a road width between the end of the Stadium and a house. :lol:

I say tough shit for the people near the 'Gabba. And come on, hearing a U2 gig for free? I don't see reason to complain about that.

And if they do bring stadiums here, they aren't just going to do two shows. I'd bet on Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, hopefully Wellington, maybe x2 at Sydney and Melbourne.

Back
Top Bottom