Brisbane Pre-Annoucement Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just rang ANZ Stadium to see if I could squeeze some info out, they told me they couldn't confirm anything.

I just got this email from Michael Coppel:

Hi Jonathan

Contrary to any newspaper reports, we have not received any official confirmation that U2 will be touring Australian in 2006

Regards
Christine

Im getting worried about this. I hope we didnt all get like this over nothing. Maybe she is bluffing though and cant say anything right now. Im just a tad on the worried side!

timothius said:
Did it say this week or shortly.

For some reason I recall it being rather vague as to when it would be announced. :shrug:

I believe it said exciting news coming next week, which would now be this week.

yeah i feel uneasy too. i will keep checking and ringing around but i really hope there is something "sooner rather than later" (best tony greig voice done there)

bono_man said:
I just got this email from Michael Coppel:

Hi Jonathan

Contrary to any newspaper reports, we have not received any official confirmation that U2 will be touring Australian in 2006

Regards
Christine

Im getting worried about this. I hope we didnt all get like this over nothing. Maybe she is bluffing though and cant say anything right now. Im just a tad on the worried side!

I'll call it as a bluff. What else are they going to say, "well, yes, there is a tour on but we aren't allowed to tell you because that would totally blow our big announcement"?

Guys don't stress , as i said earlier i know for a fact the roadcrew had to start fill out their australian visa applications last week in LA .
The girl at michael coppel will be under strict instructions that U2.com must have the 'exclusive' announcement regarding the new tour dates........

celticbhoy said:
Guys don't stress , as i said earlier i know for a fact the roadcrew had to start fill out their australian visa applications last week in LA .
The girl at michael coppel will be under strict instructions that U2.com must have the 'exclusive' announcement regarding the new tour dates........

How do you know these things? :ohmy:

You make good points, its a bluff and the "confirmation" they are waiting for is the initial announcement. :wink:

I think that Melbourne article dealing with the transport woes the city's going to face pretty much confirms the tour will be here anyway.

DignityPassesBy said:
lol imagine if bono didn't pass for his visa application ... it would be pretty funny

There is always that question on the form:

Have you been to Africa in the past 6 months?

Bono will answer: No. But I've talked about it an awful fucking lot!

timothius said:

Melbourne gets treated really well. :drool:

All the more reason to move there! Fifteen months, just fifteen more months ...

bono_man2002 said:

You're coming down here?

Yeah, I'm planning on transferring to the Uni of Melbourne at the start of 2007.

Can't wait. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom