Brisbane Pre-Annoucement Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
timothius said:
To be fair there is no way on God's Green Earth they can play a weekend date at the SFS at that time of year. :drool:

Oh yes they can. Here's the SFS schedule:

10 March, Friday: Waratahs vs Cats
24 March, Friday: Waratahs vs Blues
31 March, Friday: Waratahs vs Cheetahs
16 April, Sunday: Waratahs vs Brumbies

Huge windows open there, including a whole weekend in early April.

Axver said:

Oh yes they can. Here's the SFS schedule:

10 March, Friday: Waratahs vs Cats
24 March, Friday: Waratahs vs Blues
31 March, Friday: Waratahs vs Cheetahs
16 April, Sunday: Waratahs vs Brumbies

Huge windows open there, including a whole weekend in early April.

The weekend that matters (believing the Melbourne rumours) would be the weekend starting the 31st.

Have you considered that about 4-5 NRL teams play home games at the SFS? :sexywink:

timothius said:

The weekend that matters (believing the Melbourne rumours) would be the weekend starting the 31st.

Have you considered that about 4-5 NRL teams play home games at the SFS? :sexywink:

31st might be out if they go to any/all of Perth, Adelaide, and Brisbane first.

Regarding the NRL, the website says "2006 National Rugby League season to be announced." Are U2 important enough for games to be scheduled around concerts?

Just got the email i was dreading...but the resubscription doesn't guarantee a pre-sale!!

It is now 12 months since we launched the current version of U2.com.

12 months that have seen U2 release "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" and set out on the Vertigo//2005 tour; 12 months in which subscribers have been kept up to date with all things U2 including exclusive information and unique access.

As your current U2.com subscription will soon expire we would like to introduce our inaugural Re-subscription Package.

All current subscribers will be able to renew their U2.com subscriptions for a further 12 months at a 20% discount on the standard cost of $40. In addition, all U2.com members who renew their subscriptions will also receive an exclusive CD/CD-ROM double disc set, "U2 Communication".

This package, which will not be available at retail, contains an 8-track CD featuring songs recorded live during the Vertigo Tour; and a CD-ROM containing an interactive audio player, an exclusive live video clip from U2's Vertigo 2005 show at Milan's San Siro stadium, as well as wallpapers and U2 screen savers using the show's amazing imagery.

As a paid up member of U2.com you will continue to receive a 25% discount on your first purchase at the U2.com store and access to the subscribers site, which features up to the minute stories, interviews and videos. We will continue to give U2.com subscribers exclusive access to full-length audio and video streams of new U2 songs and performances. Subscribers can keep in touch with other fans via their own U2.com email address and access to the Zootopia boards and regular subscriber emails.

There will not be any ticket guarantees as part of the re-subscription package.

As we have stated before, the U2.com ticket pre sale for Vertigo 2005 was not what we wanted it to be, and once again we can only apologise for the inconvenience and distress that we know this caused. We continue to look for fair ways in which we can distribute tickets to our fans on future tours but any solution will not be tied to this re-subscription.

Axver said:

31st might be out if they go to any/all of Perth, Adelaide, and Brisbane first.

Regarding the NRL, the website says "2006 National Rugby League season to be announced." Are U2 important enough for games to be scheduled around concerts?

The schedule has been announced. But I have forgotten who actually plays home games there. :der:

For sure Sydney City play there. Souths maybe still do, St George play games there (one of their home grounds is under repair until round 14). Also, I don't know how they would feel about the possibility of grass being dug up during the season.

The SCG however may be a possibility. :yes:

So, are you going to re-subscribe? Is it really worth it if it means there is no pre sale for us?

What do you guys think?

At the SCG:

24-28 March, TBC: Pura Milk Cup Final
9 April, Sunday: Swans vs Power

So yeah, SCG looks pretty good. Is it a decent concert venue?

And could've "... stadium" on Today referred to ANZ or Suncorp Stadiums anyway?

I don't know what to do. I want to be a paid up subscriber if they do announce a pre-sale when they announce the dates. But I'm also going backpacking for a year right after I see the Sydney and Melbourne shows, so I won't really be able to use my membership for anything else on the site (not that there's heaps there) after that.

I think I'll just pay it though, I'd much prefer to be on the safe side when it comes to something as important as this!

Aussie Stadium, Telstra Stadium, and Suncorp Stadium ... whichever could it be?

I think it's about time to give up hope that U2 will hit both the Superdome and BEC but maybe one city will be lucky ...

Axver said:
So yeah, SCG looks pretty good. Is it a decent concert venue?

And could've "... stadium" on Today referred to ANZ or Suncorp Stadiums anyway?

WaveAid was great there acoustically. Mind you, you really do need to be on the ground there are some majorly awkward angles for viewing (Members Stand & Ladies Stand esp).

I can't believe we are disecting this one word. bono_man look at what you have created! :lol:

haha...

yes it could have meant anything! maybe he said "Telstra Stadium"

maybe he said "Bono has an ego the size of a stadium".

who the hell knows!

btw, anyone remember when i emailed premier beattie a few months back about the anz stadium/lang park thing? well...i got an email back the other day! geez...thats like 3 months or something!

basically, it was full of political bullshit and said no, they wouldnt consider a show at lang park as there are agreements set up that state only sports events are played there. they said if it came to the point where qld could lose an event due to this, they would look at it. but otherwise no, all concerts of that size go to anz!!

You know, maybe he could've been talking about Western Springs Stadium too.

And look, it's time for another thread already!

OK, so who's got a funny idea for a new thread? All I've got is "Telstra Dome Post-Announcement Pre-Confirmed Dates Party".

Back
Top Bottom