Boston wrist band procedure/ETS GA ticket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

psychou2fan

The Fly
I have an ETS GA ticket for Boston 12/4. The rules for the venue state that in order to get a wrist band in the a.m. you have to have a valid ticket. ETS folks can't pick their actual tickets up until 4p.m. the day of the show. Will they accept my ETS receipt instead of my actual GA ticket? Did anyone have this for any other Boston shows? l'm SO excited!

I am going to wait with my voucher and if they don't accept it I am going to be very, very pissed.

Does anyone else have experience with this from May or October? Please share!

This from the Cleveland thread

alexdescending said:

the problem i noticed with the boston line procedure is that it states that you have to have a ticket in hand at 8:00am in order to get a wristband.

where would that leave the huge number of ETS people, if they were to do that in cleveland? could we bring our confirmation emails? has this been an issue in boston?

i LOVE the idea of wristbands in the morning (dude, i wanna go to the HoF), but not if it means not being able to line up due to picking up an ETS ticket. i'd rather freeze. hee.

gabrielvox said:

You'll be able to line up. In Ottawa all you had to do is show your ETS voucher.

IF, and I repeat IF, the arena is doing wristbands in the morning it is doing it COMPLETELY at its own discretion and is in no way operating on orders from tour management (believe me I have official internal communication stating this). They have no right to differentiate from someone who has a hard ticket vs. someone who has an ETS voucher vs. someone who has a confirmation to go to Will Call.

If they do end up announcing morning wristbands and ETS ticketholders are worried, someone can email ETS however it really isnt necessary as I said the arena has no right not to issue a wristband if you have a voucher.

Yeah, but no right and some jerk who makes my frost bitten wrist wear 824 instead of 24 is a toss up with concert security guys. I'm going to call ETS.

So does that mean once you get your wristband in the morning, you can leave and come back at 5:00? Or do you have to stand in line all day anyway?

NCU2 said:
So does that mean once you get your wristband in the morning, you can leave and come back at 5:00? Or do you have to stand in line all day anyway?

you can leave the line and have to be back by 5

Does anyone know if they might also be using this procedure in Buffalo? I'd been considering buying a GA from ETS because I have nosebleeds for the show, but I decided against it because I didn't want to stand in the freezing cold all day. I have a lot going on for school the next week, so I can't afford to be sick. But if I could get a wristband in the morning and only have to stand outside for an hour, I might change my mind.

I called ETS and was quite repulsed with the treatment. I asked the woman I talked to if they knew what the fleet center policy was in regards to ETS vouchers and she said something like "we're not the venue I don't know." I then asked her if it was possible to get the ticket in advance (their website has something about calling if you can't make it to the pick-up party) because I didn't pay $200 to see a cover band and chill in the back of GA; I paid it to get a GA ticket and get on the rail. she transfered me to some guy who said he didn't know or care what the Fleet Center (er, "Garden") does, and they have no reason to believe ETS is legitimate, and it was my problem because I already bought the ticket from him. I asked if it was possible to get it in advance and he basically gave me the finger over the phone. I asked if as a service to me and other customers with this issue they could a) call the Fleet Center and verify the policy, and try to tell them that the ETS vouchers are legitimate. He again said f-u (not in those words) and that I am just one customer and if I think I'm the only one with this issue etc etc they get calls like this all the time. To which I said, if you get these calls perhaps there is a demand for this and maybe you should do something about it. At this point I was not quite in my pleasant-phone-mode due to the runaround and his condescension. He then asked for my order number so he could refund my ticket. I said no way, I absolutely do not want him to do that, if he'd like to know I paid $199.95 for a ticket. He persisted and I again refused. So he asked for my name (presumably to refund my ticket without my permission) and I said absolutely not and hung up on the jerk.

So, all in all, I'm not happy with ETS and still looking for an answer as to where I will be 24 hours from now: in line or in bed? The "Garden" customer service line hasn't returned my calls either.

An update - I got there at 4:30 and ended up number 47 in the fan club line, 67 overall according to fan tally (but I believe some people cut the line there). They do accept ETS vouchers, something I wish I'd known for sure - I would have gone at 10 last night! Good luck to everyone tomorrow with ETS or just Ga in general.

Gee, looks like someone has a bit of backpedalling to do :wink:

Not making any excuses for rude phone stuff though, although I have found that in general people respond in the manner in which they are initially approached :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom