Boston Will Be Wicked Crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rica

The Fly
The Red Sox are playing the Yankees Friday, Saturday and Sunday May 27th - 29th. The city becomes extra intense during this rivalry and I am sure the band will feel the extra energy for their final show in the US before going to Europe. YEAHHH!!!

ramblin rose... i heard that you will be at the garden on the 21st. way to go. yeah, yanks red sox will be huge... just know that u2 are closeted yankee fans... edge wore yankee shirts the last time they played the garden.

Aw man...I don't even think I could put on anything Yankee, I'd get a rash, or break out in hives or something :) It will be a great way to end the 1st leg though; NYC and Boston U2 gigs are always great.

norsehorse23 said:
ramblin rose... i heard that you will be at the garden on the 21st. way to go. yeah, yanks red sox will be huge... just know that u2 are closeted yankee fans... edge wore yankee shirts the last time they played the garden.

Sssssssh, the Yankee haters can't stand the thought that they're closet Yankee fans:

342%3A%3A%3B%3B523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3A76%3D%3B9%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232376%3A%3B983%3A4ot1lsi

342%3A%3A%3B%3B523232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E985%3E%3A%3A9%3EWSNRCG%3D323285%3B%3A%3A8564nu0mrj

those pictures were great. yeah, i think there is no point to make fun of red sox fans right now because lets face it... my team choked. but we'll keep it on the d/L that u2 are really a bunch of yankee fans deep inside. they are too polite to bring it up in concerts in other venues besides nyc and nj.

Ha ha. And in Denver Bono put on a Cardinals shirt ...on the JT tour in 87...people had banners, "Under a Cardinal Red Sky"..some big game back then.

I think the guys just wear the local colors of wherever they are to be polite.

How could they NOT wear a Sox shirt this year?!?!?

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this but....

I've been a fan since 81, and finally, through Prop, realized my long-held dream of seeing the band in Beantown on Elevation. I'd been collecting all the Boston boots I couldover the yrs, and the hype was worth it. Boston during "U2 time" is a magical, magical place and quite unlike anything else except Dublin, which I know b/c I've been there. I completley understand why it's the band's "home away from home." I was unable to get tickets for any of the Boston shows, didn't know anybody there, etc. I'm going to MSG and possibly 1st night Jersey, I'll know soon on that,

But I had my heart set on Boston and I'm heartbroken. Hanging with the fans...the Hard Rock Cafe fan event...meeting the band at the Four Seasons, esp Edge... huddling with a group of 16 people outside the Fleet at 2 in the morning, discussing the just-concluded infamous "Heart protest" show...

Since I'm such a technophile:wink: I want to ask 2 things:

How do you start a thread? I can't find anywhere on the "reply" box area thingy...(I know this must be in the FAQ but can someone do a cheat sheet for me here please...)

1) IS there any way I can scare up even a cheap nosebleed to the Fleet anywhere, to any show (like heck anybody going to any of these shows would part with anything else), and...

2)I know this sounds ludicrous, but I had such a fantastic time during "U2 week" last time that I can't bear not to be there to experience it again. Therefore I am asking anybody on here who has a really kind heart, if you know any place I can crash, anyone to stay with, I'd even pay them something...I want to "tag along" with people at the Four Seasons, around to fan events, even outside in the GA lines, etc, even though I won't have tix. Maybe. You think I am nuts. Well..if you've never seen the band in Boston, or experienced the vibe there....you shouldn't open your mouth:). I'm just so heartbroken at not getting in (yet, though I prob won't have much luck, I am not trading anything I have) but I still don't want to miss out.

I wouldn't do this for any other city.

OK, tell me I am officially nuts! :reject:

Last edited:
young dobro... I have taught you well. also, one more thing, I didn't know that edge wore a yankee shirt in providence. that took balls. by the way, i will be attending the yankees vs. red sox at the holiest of holies, yankee stadium on september 9. i have to admit a little jealousy this year when you red sox fans 'found what you were looking for';)

I noticed the Yankees are playing at Shea the day after the MSG show. That might be a fun side trip before heading up to Boston although I have to assume getting tickets for that game will be as hard as getting the ticket to the MSG show.:huh:

Ah, what are the chances of Pedro pitching.:wink:

I was at that Providence show and thought it was hysterical when Edge strolled in in that shirt. I guess no one had clued him in.

Forget the Sox. Forget the Amazins. With Tino back, the Yanks are indestructible. Case Closed. I WISH I were seeing the band at home at MSG, but I'm up here in Boston and am headed to Fleet. Deciding between the Yanks and U2 would be too hard of a call, but if Bono sports a Sox shirt, we might have to have a little talk...

I always love listening to the first 20 seconds of "New York" from the KROQ performance - "And we're dedicating this to the New York Yankees. We want them to win..." and then I'm sure to cut it off before anything else...

LisaU2 said:
Forget the Sox. Forget the Amazins. With Tino back, the Yanks are indestructible. Case Closed. I WISH I were seeing the band at home at MSG, but I'm up here in Boston and am headed to Fleet. Deciding between the Yanks and U2 would be too hard of a call, but if Bono sports a Sox shirt, we might have to have a little talk...

I always love listening to the first 20 seconds of "New York" from the KROQ performance - "And we're dedicating this to the New York Yankees. We want them to win..." and then I'm sure to cut it off before anything else...

I would want to go the Shea to see the Yankees.. I think it would be so amusing to be able to chant "Who's your daddy" to Pedro at his new NL team stadium. It would probably be a nightmare for him.:yikes:

(Am originally from NY).

Last edited:
And ESPECIALLY amusing to see that Home Run Apple keep bobbing up and down as the middle of the order Yanks go yard... or do they only do that for the Mets homers? I can't remember. Either way, the subway series should get even more lively now that he's in town. I think that he'll get eaten alive at the stadium for the rest of his career.

I heard a dirty rumor that the U2 boys might play Fenway during the third leg. I know that Bruce did it last year (I saw him at Shea and stood right at second base, awesome experience). Has anyone else heard this?

LisaU2 said:
Forget the Sox. Forget the Amazins. With Tino back, the Yanks are indestructible. Case Closed.

:heart: Tino :heart: He never should have been allowed to leave in the first place!

A U2 concert at Fenway Park would be fantastic! I saw ZooTV at Yankee Stadium, and a big part of the fun was being in a familiar place for a concert instead of a game. Buck Showalter, who was manager at the time, wasn't too happy about how the field was ripped up because of the show, though!

The only thing about Fenway is the seats aren't too comfortable if you have large hips. The metal armrests make it a bit painful!

And yes, tickets to a Yankees-Mets game are almost as hard to get as for a U2 concert!

Last edited:
Boston during "U2 time" is a magical, magical place and quite unlike anything else except Dublin, which I know b/c I've been there. I completley understand why it's the band's "home away from home." I was unable to get tickets for any of the Boston shows, didn't know anybody there, etc. I'm going to MSG and possibly 1st night Jersey, I'll know soon on that,

I was into the DEAD tours for a while but the fans lost the true "help your brother" vibe and the scene has turned into a group of juvenile pan handling addicts. Not expecting any miracle tickets to be given away on thsi tour but helping each other out for face value plus fees is a great start. TETA, I have been working on tix myself and am very close to getting for two shows. If I get any extras I will be sure to get in touch or at least hold your hand and direct you to where to look. There are hundreds of tix for sale thru many "legal scalping sites"but the prices are too high for most of us. Don't feed their hype and the prices will come down. Have Faith and go - you should be able to get a good ticket at a fair price once this initial hype settles down.

I can't believe we are turning this forum into a Yankees rule!! forum. But hey, since we are on the topic of tinoooooooooooo, I am very happy that he is back too. He was my favorite when he played here. I think Edge knew exactly what he was doing when he wore that shirt in Providence.... but again, I won't go any further because I am fully aware that my team didn't win this year, and the Red Sox did... even though I seem to not be able to remember that.

I also agree with rica... don't buy your scalper tix yet, the prices will go down eventually. I am sure that Boston gives U2 a good audience, you were loyal to your Red Sox for all those years, and I can't imagine how you are loyal to a team (U2) that is always great. By the way, how many people became Pat's fans before they won those Super Bowls???? I notice alot of kids wearing Pats jerseys at the school I teach at in Jersey that didn't wear them before, just like I noticed a lot more Red Sox fans after they allegedly won the World Series.

Edge sported a Boston Bruins jersey at Boston 4 in 2001 (while DB9 tried to get to Bono), and Bono put on a Larry Bird jersey thrown on stage at the Boston Garden in 1987. Shocking that a band would wear a jersey from a local sports team of the city they are playing in.
(And lets not forget that they jetted in to Providence from NYC, and the Yanks were in the midst of losing the world series to the D-Backs while they played those 2 shows, plus the whole post 9/11 NYC thing, don't read so much into things as to assume Edge was being a huge Yankee fan and flaunting it in front of Red Sox nation)

Last edited:
Chizip said:
tino sucks!

How can you possibly say that. Are you gonna tell me that Kevin MILLA' is better that TINO. The red sux have no chance against the Yankees this year. Comparing the two lineups, there is no chance.

once again, my protege comes through... dobro. just be wise in your comebacks.. right now we should be quiet. yeah, i think it's pretty funny how this has become yet another theater of the yankee red sox war.:yes:

just remember, the boston shows will be good, no doubt. but also remember that I have never seen bono and the boys sport red sox gear. larry bird retired over ten years ago, so that's not really relevant. and this point probably isn't fair, but it was the yankees that everyone rallied around after 9/11. maybe that inspired edge to wear that jersey. i don't even think the red sox winning this year can come close to what it meant to watch the yankees make that incredible run that year. they lifted an entire region's spirits. they also happened to beat the mariners who won 116 games that year. i know the end result is what's most important... but i still get emotional when i look back at that postseason.:D

Hewson said:
Edge sported a Boston Bruins jersey at Boston 4 in 2001 (while DB9 tried to get to Bono), and Bono put on a Larry Bird jersey thrown on stage at the Boston Garden in 1987. Shocking that a band would wear a jersey from a local sports team of the city they are playing in.
(And lets not forget that they jetted in to Providence from NYC, and the Yanks were in the midst of losing the world series to the D-Backs while they played those 2 shows, plus the whole post 9/11 NYC thing, don't read so much into things as to assume Edge was being a huge Yankee fan and flaunting it in front of Red Sox nation)

Yeah. I was at both of those shows (91 and 87) and remember that fondly. I also agree regarding the Edge's uniform for Providence, they were obviously trying to show their support for NYC in the wake of 9/11, as we all were.

Another item that has not been mentioned is that ever since Super Bowl XXXVI, Beautiful Day has essentially been the theme song for the Patriots - the first Dynasty of the 21st century.

dobro815 said:

How can you possibly say that. Are you gonna tell me that Kevin MILLA' is better that TINO. The red sux have no chance against the Yankees this year. Comparing the two lineups, there is no chance.

Hey dobro, how bout getting some tickets for Sunday's game 22 May at Shea, I'll still be in town. :drool:

Hey guys...you should start A "U2 and sports" thread...isn't there one somewhere? take this discussion to another place? You guys wanna fight about this, than leave us poor peasants from the Provinces (like this Albany one) alone?:)

I still say that if they do NOT sport Sox gear in Beantown this yr it will be SACRILEGE.:wink:

Personally, I don't care what Bono and Edge wear; if LARRY'S not wearing my team, then I don't give a #%*&.

What I wouldn't have given to be in stands with the guys in '91 when Ireland beat Italy 1-0 in the World Cup. Half of Ireland dancing in the streets and Edge shaking a bottle of beer 10 minutes before the game was over...

Rica, that is SO KIND of you! And you're right, I sure cannot afford a broker. I'm so broke right now the kind guys who got me the other tix are letting me pay them by "installment plan":wink: I really AM the poor grad student. I wasn't planning to be this broke before the sale began, but family events went against me, and almost totally destroyed my carefully saved up ticket fund. What could I do?

I wonder if you could mail me privately on this? I'll explain my situation a little more....I have absolutely no experience in the "secondary market" and have no idea how it works. I just wrote a long essay passionately argueing against this...so I can't use a broker even if I could afford one.

Mail me, and let me know how this goes...the "helping hand" would be nice too. Remember, it's just for myself....

~Teta~ Spindle40@hotmail.com

Last edited:
sorry for getting off topic... it's hard to understand the feelings that exist between red sox fans and yankee fans. like i said before, the shows in boston will be awesome.:wink:

Millar's not beter, but Big Papi Ortiz is :)

I too am amused by the Sox/Yanks turn this thread has taken...during one of the Boston Elevation shows Bono said something to the effect of "that one's hard to take Boston" after playing "New York". And as for the Irving Plaza gig, I found it even funnier when it got kind of quiet and some NY fan yelled out "Yankee Baseball!"

Back
Top Bottom