Boston Will Be Wicked Crazy - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Tour Dates
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 02:29 PM
Boston Will Be Wicked Crazy

The Red Sox are playing the Yankees Friday, Saturday and Sunday May 27th - 29th. The city becomes extra intense during this rivalry and I am sure the band will feel the extra energy for their final show in the US before going to Europe. YEAHHH!!!

Old 02-08-2005, 08:04 AM   #2
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:29 AM
Too bad they're playing at NY, it would have been great to catch a game at Fenway on Friday night.

Old 02-08-2005, 09:12 AM   #3
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:29 AM
ramblin rose... i heard that you will be at the garden on the 21st. way to go. yeah, yanks red sox will be huge... just know that u2 are closeted yankee fans... edge wore yankee shirts the last time they played the garden.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Aw man...I don't even think I could put on anything Yankee, I'd get a rash, or break out in hives or something It will be a great way to end the 1st leg though; NYC and Boston U2 gigs are always great.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #5
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by norsehorse23
ramblin rose... i heard that you will be at the garden on the 21st. way to go. yeah, yanks red sox will be huge... just know that u2 are closeted yankee fans... edge wore yankee shirts the last time they played the garden.
Sssssssh, the Yankee haters can't stand the thought that they're closet Yankee fans:

Old 02-08-2005, 10:44 AM   #6
Acrobat

those pictures were great. yeah, i think there is no point to make fun of red sox fans right now because lets face it... my team choked. but we'll keep it on the d/L that u2 are really a bunch of yankee fans deep inside. they are too polite to bring it up in concerts in other venues besides nyc and nj.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:18 PM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 07:29 AM
Go Sox!
Old 02-08-2005, 02:21 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I am extremely proud of Edge for wearing a Yankees T-shirt in Providence...Red Sox country!!
Old 02-08-2005, 02:27 PM   #9
War Child

I want just a little bit of love for the Braves!! Come on now!!
Old 02-08-2005, 02:28 PM   #10
War Child

oh, and for ATL!!!! By the time they get here, though, it will be after baseball season.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:01 PM   #11
The Fly

LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!

Just another reason of many for why U2 is the greatest band ever.
Old 02-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #12
Refugee

Ha ha. And in Denver Bono put on a Cardinals shirt ...on the JT tour in 87...people had banners, "Under a Cardinal Red Sky"..some big game back then.

I think the guys just wear the local colors of wherever they are to be polite.

How could they NOT wear a Sox shirt this year?!?!?

Maybe this is the wrong thread for this but....

I've been a fan since 81, and finally, through Prop, realized my long-held dream of seeing the band in Beantown on Elevation. I'd been collecting all the Boston boots I couldover the yrs, and the hype was worth it. Boston during "U2 time" is a magical, magical place and quite unlike anything else except Dublin, which I know b/c I've been there. I completley understand why it's the band's "home away from home." I was unable to get tickets for any of the Boston shows, didn't know anybody there, etc. I'm going to MSG and possibly 1st night Jersey, I'll know soon on that,

But I had my heart set on Boston and I'm heartbroken. Hanging with the fans...the Hard Rock Cafe fan event...meeting the band at the Four Seasons, esp Edge... huddling with a group of 16 people outside the Fleet at 2 in the morning, discussing the just-concluded infamous "Heart protest" show...

Since I'm such a technophile I want to ask 2 things:

How do you start a thread? I can't find anywhere on the "reply" box area thingy...(I know this must be in the FAQ but can someone do a cheat sheet for me here please...)

1) IS there any way I can scare up even a cheap nosebleed to the Fleet anywhere, to any show (like heck anybody going to any of these shows would part with anything else), and...

2)I know this sounds ludicrous, but I had such a fantastic time during "U2 week" last time that I can't bear not to be there to experience it again. Therefore I am asking anybody on here who has a really kind heart, if you know any place I can crash, anyone to stay with, I'd even pay them something...I want to "tag along" with people at the Four Seasons, around to fan events, even outside in the GA lines, etc, even though I won't have tix. Maybe. You think I am nuts. Well..if you've never seen the band in Boston, or experienced the vibe there....you shouldn't open your mouth. I'm just so heartbroken at not getting in (yet, though I prob won't have much luck, I am not trading anything I have) but I still don't want to miss out.

I wouldn't do this for any other city.

OK, tell me I am officially nuts!
Old 02-08-2005, 05:38 PM   #13
Acrobat

young dobro... I have taught you well. also, one more thing, I didn't know that edge wore a yankee shirt in providence. that took balls. by the way, i will be attending the yankees vs. red sox at the holiest of holies, yankee stadium on september 9. i have to admit a little jealousy this year when you red sox fans 'found what you were looking for'
Old 02-08-2005, 05:53 PM   #14
Forum Moderator

I noticed the Yankees are playing at Shea the day after the MSG show. That might be a fun side trip before heading up to Boston although I have to assume getting tickets for that game will be as hard as getting the ticket to the MSG show.

Ah, what are the chances of Pedro pitching.

I was at that Providence show and thought it was hysterical when Edge strolled in in that shirt. I guess no one had clued him in.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:31 PM   #15
The Fly

Forget the Sox. Forget the Amazins. With Tino back, the Yanks are indestructible. Case Closed. I WISH I were seeing the band at home at MSG, but I'm up here in Boston and am headed to Fleet. Deciding between the Yanks and U2 would be too hard of a call, but if Bono sports a Sox shirt, we might have to have a little talk...

I always love listening to the first 20 seconds of "New York" from the KROQ performance - "And we're dedicating this to the New York Yankees. We want them to win..." and then I'm sure to cut it off before anything else...