Boston Next Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Seating advice needed! Sec 15 or 20?

kapel said:
I finally decided to spend my Christmas money! :) ...I'm about to buy some seats on Ebay and have to decide between section 15 and 20 very quickly...Does anyone know if Bono spends more time on the side of section 15 or section 20?

And, would you prefer 15, 20 (somwhere in rows 13-15) to somwhere row 10-20 in 13, 14,21,22 (for more money)?

Thanks so much!!
PK

I would take the seats in section 20 in a second. I sat in the section for both October shows and it was EXCELLENT. The best seats I have had at a U2 concert. Bono spent a lot of time in that area that night. Remember also that the section starts with Row 11 so your seats would be very close to the stage.

Hey all! Its my birthday Sunday and I have GA. I just found out last night that my husband last month had booked a room at the Onyx for Saturday night!!! :hyper:

I'm so bad though- instead of thanking him for a romantic gesture my first thought was " hey! the PLEBA girls are going to be there!!" :reject:

Seating Questions again...

Thanks so much for all the awesome info!! I really appreciate it. Since you seem to be the experts on Boston's seating chart! :) ...a few more quick questions that will help me in my search:

a) Is it true for the whole arena (let's say loge 12,22, etc.) that the seats always start with #1 on the left and go from left to right (viewed from the arena)

b) Do you know how strict the security people in Boston are about standing in the aisle. Let's say you have a seat in some loge section higher up (row20), but wanna go down (at least for a few songs) and stand in the aisle...Will they let you?

c) Are the different loge/sections connected wthout a "barrier"; meaning: Can you move from, let's say loge 15 to loge 14 or 16?

d) And finally (I know you're glad! :) ) your personal advice on the generally best seats:
Obviously loges 14 and 21 seem like the best seats in the house; but they are just unaffordable. What are the next best seats?Having seen some of the Chicago DVD it seems like middle seats (row 10-20) in loges 13 and 22 might be worth it for the angle and awesome light show. But I'm afraid I'll trade it for never being as close to the band as in 15/20. What do you think? If you're in 13 or 22 you obviously have the better view of the whole show, but will Bono/Edge come close there when they are on the ellipse (or does the ellipse bend inwards too early?) and how often?

Sorry for the long questions. Thanks again!!
PK

Question for any(every)one. Will there be a place where most Interferencers go before the show starts on Sunday? If so where?

sweetie said:

Same to you! :rockon: Sagittarius rule! :D

Thanks Kapel :hug:

Yes they do!

My birthday is December 6 so this trip was an early birthday present to myself.

Good Bono things happen around my birthday or at least they did in 2002.

I saw Bono twice on the DATA tour in Indy and in Louisville. And the pic for my avatar was taken on Dec 7 in Louisville.

I asked him for a hug since my birthday was the day before.

Ask and you shall receive!!!!

I am considering the 12/5 show as my birthday show as well... Well, it'll be 26 days early but they will be home when it's my bday- but at least it is in the same month. :wink:

Didn't think it was going to happen.. but I just got a ticket for Monday off of Ebay! Front row balcony behind the stage. Same section I was in at my last show in Boston, only I was in the very last row. Major upgrade :drool:

OH and my dad, :up: for letting me use his credit card :wink:

Camera Use, Pre-Party and Alcohol?

Hi everyone,

Just a few quick questions for you experts on her! :)

a) I'd like to second the question from YBORCITYOBL: Where's the best place to party before the show?

b) Is there alcohol sold at the venue, and are you allowed to bring it into the arena?

c) Camera use?
After seeing all these awesome pictures from Boston on some of the threads on here, I would like to take a camera to the concert, too.

Obviously people are able to “smuggle” cameras in, and when you look at the DVD it seems like lots of people are taking pictures without getting in trouble. But does anyone know if security gets angry when you use a flash?

Thanks!
PK

Re: Camera Use, Pre-Party and Alcohol?

kapel said:
Hi everyone,

Just a few quick questions for you experts on her! :)

a) I'd like to second the question from YBORCITYOBL: Where's the best place to party before the show?

b) Is there alcohol sold at the venue, and are you allowed to bring it into the arena?

c) Camera use?
After seeing all these awesome pictures from Boston on some of the threads on here, I would like to take a camera to the concert, too.

Obviously people are able to “smuggle” cameras in, and when you look at the DVD it seems like lots of people are taking pictures without getting in trouble. But does anyone know if security gets angry when you use a flash?

Thanks!
PK
Hi there,
I don't usually have any liquids for 6 hours prior to getting into the GA line. :lol: But there are many bars in the area - you really can't miss them.
There's beer sold at the Garden and you can bring it into the arena.
The venue has gotten lenient with cameras into the U2 show. You shouldn't have a problem bringing one it - they just don't want it to be a professional camera with a huge lens and tripod and all that :wink:

Cool! Thanks!! I will not drink much, too...just one beer :)

I'm excited!!
PK

I am leaving tomorrow. I check into the Shawmut in the afternoon! Yessah. Too bad there's no game at the Garden tomorrow night.

SMB

Re: Camera Use, Pre-Party and Alcohol?

kapel said:

Security won't care about flash, but Bono might...

Seriously, I was in the front row of the seats nearest the ellipse in Boston and our security guy was HELPING us take pictures, telling us when Bono would be coming closer, etc. since security had seen about 15 shows at that point.

Keep your camera deep in a purse or coat pocket. They won't dig much farther than that.

Hey skjuls, we should meet up and say hello. Always wanna meet U2 fans. The Shawmut will be good. It's right across the street from North Station and the Garden. Tomorrow night I will be in high heaven. Still wish there was a game. No games at all tomorrow. Just some Christmas thing.

SMB

Hope all of us out-of-towners like snow, because it looks like we will be getting a bit of snow Sunday afternoon and potentially a lot Monday night into Tuesday... On the bright side, doesn't look like it will snow during the GA wait in the mornings, may get a little snowed on before the show on Sunday.

:uhoh:

Last edited:
Just heard 1-3" for the Boston area Sunday. Mostly before noon. I almost feel bad for those of you in GA..

almost :wink:

That timeframe is what I heard for NYC and it was going hit Boston a bit later...basically the snow is supposed to travel up with me on the bus. :p Might take the train now...

Fortunately I have a seat ticket on Sunday. :D

Back
Top Bottom