Boston Next Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hippy:

The Shawnut Inn is across the street from the venue, $89 per night. Or, Club Quarters is in the financial district, 2 blocks from the marketplace and other goodies. Its $112 per night. Both are prices at Expedia.com. I just made my plans this morning.

Jess

I'm staying at the Bulfinch Hotel, a couple of blocks from the Fleet Center, I got my room for $93/night but the rate went up since then. Uniformly highly rated on tripadvisor.com. But if you go to quikbook.com and look it up, they have a special for the hotel, it's $125/night for 1 night and $113/night ea. for two nights.

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone! :)

You all know some great places to stay! I think I'm going to stay in the Onyx (splash out a little cash on myself every now and again :) )

Now I just have to figure out how to get from the airport to the hotel... never done this traveling alone to a big city thing before :huh:

hippy said:

:rockon:

That helps a lot! :D

I'm flying into Logan around noon and killing some time until 3 when I can check into my hotel...

By the time you get to the hotel it'll be about 1-ish, by that time the hotel might let you check in early, so you should definitely head there first.

You should shop in Downtown Crossing, not Quincy Market.

I'm going on the 5th and planning to stand in line waiting for the 4th...does anyone have an extra GA to sell?

hippy said:
Thanks for all the recommendations everyone! :)

You all know some great places to stay! I think I'm going to stay in the Onyx (splash out a little cash on myself every now and again :) )

Now I just have to figure out how to get from the airport to the hotel... never done this traveling alone to a big city thing before :huh:

That's where i'm staying :hyper:

Hippy, I'm also at the Onyx with quite a few Pleba girls :hyper: It looks like a fabulous hotel!

Anyone else staying at or near the Radisson? I seem to be staying at the wrong hotel for U2 fans :sad: :(

Oh well don`t think I`ll be there for long - too busy hanging around the shops or hunting down a member of U2 - desperate for an autograph Does anyone know where the band are staying this time?

Only 7 days to go :hyper: :rockon:

Pop Artist said:
I'm staying at the Bulfinch Hotel, a couple of blocks from the Fleet Center, I got my room for $93/night but the rate went up since then. Uniformly highly rated on tripadvisor.com. But if you go to quikbook.com and look it up, they have a special for the hotel, it's $125/night for 1 night and $113/night ea. for two nights.

I'm at that hotel as well!

ruffian said:
Hippy, I'm also at the Onyx with quite a few Pleba girls :hyper: It looks like a fabulous hotel!

:rockon:

We should plan to all meet up on Saturday night or something! :D When is everyone getting into town? I'll be there in the afternoon and ready for some intense U2 partying from Saturday until Tuesday morning! :lol:

And yeah... it looks like a fabulous hotel which is why I decided to splash out Macphisto style for it! :mac:

Bono's Tart said:

I'm at that hotel as well!

Onyx is very posh, but if one can't splash out the cash for it (as I can't ;) ), then the Bulfinch is the place! Comes highly recommended and is nice and new and has a simpler chic. :) And close to the arena and just around the block from the Onyx bar anyway. :wink: I'm getting excited for the shows!

where is the best bar to get into the mood for Sunday afternoon?

I was thinking of going to the ETS party to hear 2U, any feedback on the bar it's at and whether or not 2U is any good or worth seeing?

Thanks

Please help! How to get good seats or GA?

Hi everyone!

I'm still trying to get tickets for either the 12/4 or 12/5 Boston shows (through Ebay.)

If I don't get GA; but seats; how can I still get close(and see Bono at least running by close)? Does anyone know how far (what sections) the ellipse reaches out into the arena? Does it go to, lets say, the middle of section 22; or even farther, like the middle of section 12?

If I get GA: Can anyone tell me how the "ellipse people" are selected; is it random/luck? And how early do you have to be there to get a good standing position (even if you're not in ellipse)?

Thanks so much for your help!!
PK

316 and 331 is where the ellipse stops. if you get tickets day of show or on ticketmaster this week on a drop, you will get tickets in probably section 317

SMB

Ticketmaster drop?

DBM...Thanks for the info! Have you actually heard anything about a Ticketmaster drop this week...or have any expectation? :)

Thanks!
PK

Seating advice needed! Sec 15 or 20?

I finally decided to spend my Christmas money! :) ...I'm about to buy some seats on Ebay and have to decide between section 15 and 20 very quickly...Does anyone know if Bono spends more time on the side of section 15 or section 20?

And, would you prefer 15, 20 (somwhere in rows 13-15) to somwhere row 10-20 in 13, 14,21,22 (for more money)?

Thanks so much!!
PK

Those side stage seats are a good value...sat in them three times this tour, and like them a lot. Definitely good value for $95. Also Bono spends quite a bit of time on the Sec 20 side, so I'd go for there.

Back
Top Bottom