Best seats for Portland?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

junebuglaura

The Fly
Hi!

I'm planning on going to the Portland show and wanted to know which seats give the best view/concert experience? I'm thinking of aiming for seats on the sides, but would like some input from those with some experience.

This will be my first U2 concert, so I am really exctied. I don't have a ticket yet, but have been poking around on eBay, craigslist and checking ticketmaster everyday. Any comments on seat locations would be great.

Thanks!

p.s. I'm assuming most arenas are about the same as far as what experience you have from seats on the sides/back/front of stage and floor tix. So, I don't need specifics about Portland.

So... maybe someone who has been to another show can help me out??

Thanks!

first things first

Do you have a ticket?
If not, get whatever seat you can, but IMO the best "seats" are the GA seats, you wont sit during the show and nothing beats being near the band and the sound is incredible! If not the GA then next choice is on the side near the stage on either side.
good luck!

Ok, here is what I've been offered so far:

Sec 332 row N (single)
Sec 316 row L (2 tix)
Sec 334 row ?? (2 tix)

All are at face+fees. Any thoughts on which would be better?

As this is my only show, I'd like to get the best seats I can afford. I'm thinking of buying one of these for "safety" in case I can't find better seats.

sea198a.gif

Ideally I would get GA tix or 100 level sides, but none have been offered at price I can afford.

Don't want to get stuck with no ticket! :(

good idea

Im looking for a single seat also, I went to a few shows at the beginning of the tour including the tour opener, and I really want to go to the closing show as well. I would be willing to cover you on one of your back up seats if you get them. I forgot to mention earlier that seats near the sound board are great too, I had those in Anaheim, and it was much better than I thought.

That's the area directly opposite the front of the stage on the floor. Though its technically the farthest fron the stage, the ellipse comes out about halfway across the floor so you are actually close to the action several times during the show and the view of the overall show is great from that vantage point.

Oh, got it. Havent been to too many concerts in my days. :reject:

Thanks for the tips! Now I just need to make arrangements with some of these people. Decision time!

Any ticket is better than no ticket!

Back
Top Bottom