Australian Tour Announcement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Worst comes to the worst, there's e-Bay and of course, U2 fans are a great bunch and help out other fans when they can.

So if tickets go on sale at 9am Sydney time, I'm going to be up at 6am to start dialing. Fantabulous!!!!:|

awww :hug: I think they should stagger the tickets! Why not have them all a different day! :|

Tania, would online be better? Its just, i have NEVER had luck with calling, most places dont even have a queue when its that busy its just busy tone the whole time!....i hate it!!!!

im going to have my boyfriend getting syd tickets on the net at home, me in line for melb tickets and friends getting me adelaide tickets..

also im thinking, there would be about 10,000 GA you reckon? they can't sell 10,000 tickets in 10 mins SURELY! *prays*

oh god, im feeling so sick about this!

yeah, how many GA tickets would there be anyway? i have a feeling i may end up in a coma or something. nobody really cares about who they're squashing/stepping on/giving brain damage to.

at least if i died at a U2 show it wouldn't be such a bad thing. and at least i'd be in the news. lol.

dazzlingamy said:
also im thinking, there would be about 10,000 GA you reckon? they can't sell 10,000 tickets in 10 mins SURELY!

I seem to recall reading somewhere that it'll be somewhere in the vicinty of 20,000 to 25,000, but I've no idea how accurate that is.

Billboard.com taking a shade more credit than they should, still it does have somthing new to contribute re: Japan.

"As tipped here last week, U2 has confirmed the first dates for the 2006 portion of its mega-successful Vertigo tour. A run of five shows in Australia and New Zealand will begin March 17 in Auckland; U2 guitarist the Edge tells Billboard.com additional, as-yet-unannounced dates are on tap in Japan and South America."

Full Article - http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001525728

Axver said:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that it'll be somewhere in the vicinty of 20,000 to 25,000, but I've no idea how accurate that is.

20,000 was my guess. If they use the whole field, it's full AFL/cricket size, so.... how many people can you cram into an area that size??? Think about venues like the Horden, which holds 5000 on the floor. Pick it up and drop it next door into the SCG - can you fit 4 of them in there?

Earnie Shavers said:

20,000 was my guess. If they use the whole field, it's full AFL/cricket size, so.... how many people can you cram into an area that size??? Think about venues like the Horden, which holds 5000 on the floor. Pick it up and drop it next door into the SCG - can you fit 4 of them in there?

Ah, righto. I wonder if there's any stats about how many people they could fit onto the fields of European soccer stadiums? The fields here are all bigger, so it'll beat that. Apart from Brisbane and Auckland, they're oval grounds, and Brisbane has the whole running track and athletics stuff around the edge, expanding its size beyond that of the rectangular pitch you'd find at somewhere like Lang Park.

I hate to think how long the GA line will be for these gigs!

god damn, about time! im so damn excited. i hope the line-up to get bris tickets isnt insanely.. insane! ehh im so excited, havnt stopped listenin ever since they announced it, how long have we been waiting!!!!!! ...... hrm, they are giving away tickets on novafm... hrm.. lol.. nah god damn.. tickets from $99-$199 damnnn id pay a billion dollars to see them. they rock my socks..
<3

Back
Top Bottom