Australian Tour Announcement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
What's the Internet like for Aussie/NZ shows? I scored GAs to two US shows in the general sale despite the debacle some seemed to have.

I'm thinking that I'll stay home and try the Internet, as I want to go after New Zealand and interstate tickets too, and Queensland will be the last on sale. Also, with something like 20,000 GAs a gig, is it really going to be the fight it is for an arena?

All I know is that when U2 tour the UK, the demand for tickets is huge - but I managed to get tickets for the London and Manchester Elevation shows on the internet, no problem, and all my mates back in Blighty managed to get tickets for Twickenham and Dublin just as easy via the net.

I don't think we'll have any problems getting them over the net here Axver, that's what I'll be doing too.

Earnie Shavers said:
Just heard 'Man & A Woman' on the radio. If they've gone so far as to play that little stinker, they're certainly pushing this thing as far as it can go....

:wink:

:lol: Apparently it was popular on Gold Coast radio last summer. I never put the radio on myself but every non-fanatic who I spoke to here would say they'd heard AMAAW on the radio.

Guess it's back for this summer.

Axver said:

:lol: Apparently it was popular on Gold Coast radio last summer. I never put the radio on myself but every non-fanatic who I spoke to here would say they'd heard AMAAW on the radio.

Guess it's back for this summer.

It was hugely popular on any ABC Radio programming last summer.

neilm said:
I don't think we'll have any problems getting them over the net here Axver, that's what I'll be doing too.

There's that many bloody GAs that I'm sure we'll be fine if we're right on the 9am (or whatever) release time, as long as the ticket agency's servers don't spontaneously melt down.

We'll show Timo who the suckers are. :wink:

Earnie Shavers said:
Just heard 'Man & A Woman' on the radio. If they've gone so far as to play that little stinker, they're certainly pushing this thing as far as it can go....

:wink:

i actually like that song. i know a lot of people don't...

anyway, so line up or do the internet thing? obviously i can't be in two places at once, and since i don't know anyone who actually likes U2, i'm on my own.

:confused:

Axver said:

There's that many bloody GAs that I'm sure we'll be fine if we're right on the 9am (or whatever) release time, as long as the ticket agency's servers don't spontaneously melt down.

We'll show Timo who the suckers are. :wink:

I know how Ticketmaster melted down for the Coldplay dates, but it didn't matter because I already had tickets. But throw in these factors:

a) Bigger Band
b) Cheaper Tickets
c) More Cities (Ticketmaster only sold Sydney Shows, U2 has more cities = more traffic load on the site)
d) Hype X 20. With full spreads in most major Sunday papers and follow ups on Monday - everyone knows that U2 are coming.

Seriously I hope you prove me wrong, but I got burned once with WaveAid (but thankfully that got turned around) and I ain't gonna let it happen again. :evil:

timothius said:

I know how Ticketmaster melted down for the Coldplay dates, but it didn't matter because I already had tickets. But throw in these factors:

a) Bigger Band
b) Cheaper Tickets
c) More Cities (Ticketmaster only sold Sydney Shows, U2 has more cities = more traffic load on the site)
d) Hype X 20. With full spreads in most major Sunday papers and follow ups on Monday - everyone knows that U2 are coming.

Seriously I hope you prove me wrong, but I got burned once with WaveAid (but thankfully that got turned around) and I ain't gonna let it happen again. :evil:

OK, now that makes me nervous. Basically, I see I have two options:

1. Go line up. QLD tickets will go on sale an hour later than anywhere else so I'm stuffed for everywhere else anyway. And unless I'm first in line, I can't guarantee I'll get anything anyway. Who knows how long the folks in front of me will take.
2. Hop online, which gives me a shot at NZ, NSW, VIC, and QLD, and hope like hell that the ticketing servers don't crumble under the weight of demand. At least I'm running DSL rather than dialup ...

Axver said:

OK, now that makes me nervous. Basically, I see I have two options:

1. Go line up. QLD tickets will go on sale an hour later than anywhere else so I'm stuffed for everywhere else anyway. And unless I'm first in line, I can't guarantee I'll get anything anyway. Who knows how long the folks in front of me will take.
2. Hop online, which gives me a shot at NZ, NSW, VIC, and QLD, and hope like hell that the ticketing servers don't crumble under the weight of demand. At least I'm running DSL rather than dialup ...

Can I suggest you at least use the phone as suppliment to your internet. :wink:

I realised I made a typo in the other thread. It is the 24th. My bad! :reject:

Now, on the 5th of December I have school. I want a good seat, so does anyone have any suggestions? What times are tickets released? I might be able to get driven there early.

timothius said:

a) Bigger Band
b) Cheaper Tickets

I didnt know they had allready settled on a ticket agency and announced it, could be split across different cities?

Last edited:
adambk said:

I didnt know they had allready settled on a ticket agency and announced it?

Venues have exclusive agreements with ticketing agencies.

TelstraDome is Ticketmaster
TestraStadium is Ticketek
ANZ Stadium was reported to be Ticketmaster
AAMI Stadium might be Bass.

timothius said:

Venues have exclusive agreements with ticketing agencies.

TelstraDome is Ticketmaster
TestraStadium is Ticketek
ANZ Stadium was reported to be Ticketmaster
AAMI Stadium might be Bass.

Good point...thanks

yeah, what time would tickets be released? different for different states? time zones completely confuse me, and i'm scared of missing out.... i would die!!!

Basic question here: If I wanted to get tickets for the Sydney show, is online the only way possible from Adelaide?

another question... sorry....

if in adelaide... do i have to be there at sydney time or adelaide time to get tickets? like if the ticket place opens at 9 (here) just say, it would be after 9 in sydney wouldn't it? do you know what i mean?

this is weird to me, it's too confusing... i've never bought tickets for anything before.

sokki said:

awesome!!! i live in the same street as one and didn't know it, lol!

sken where do you live?
Just built a house at Westwood, moved in about 6 weeks ago. I reckon I had about thirty odd calls Sunday morning, my friends are really pumped up about this.

sokki said:

if in adelaide... do i have to be there at sydney time or adelaide time to get tickets? like if the ticket place opens at 9 (here) just say, it would be after 9 in sydney wouldn't it? do you know what i mean?

this is weird to me, it's too confusing... i've never bought tickets for anything before.
Yep, if it goes on sale at 9am Sydney time, then you need to be buying tickets at 8.30am. Just double check that your local Ticketek will be open then... I'd almost guarantee that they would be.... if they want to keep being a Ticketek outlet anyway.

sokki said:

if u are buying tickets for adelaide, then they will go on sale at 9am here in adelaide.

if u want to buy tickets for melbourne, then you will have to buy them online at 8:30am adelaide time if u want to get in early.

Are U2 tickets cheaper than Coldplay down under?

Does anyone think any cities will be added to this R.O.W.(rest of world) 4th leg of the tour?

u2fp

Axver,

I've personally seen the NZ ticketek site crumble. I cant remeber what event it was.. maybe the lions tour?

I reckon when 9am on Dec 5 rolls over ticketek nz will be experiencing more traffic than they've ever had. I personally will be camping outside a ticketek outlet from about 6am. and if theres a queue Ill be ringing them on my cell phone trying to make a phone booking.

U2Smilzz said:
Axver,

I've personally seen the NZ ticketek site crumble. I cant remeber what event it was.. maybe the lions tour?

I reckon when 9am on Dec 5 rolls over ticketek nz will be experiencing more traffic than they've ever had. I personally will be camping outside a ticketek outlet from about 6am. and if theres a queue Ill be ringing them on my cell phone trying to make a phone booking.

Eek. I very much doubt any Australian outlet will be able to help me out on this one either - I'll have to hope I score something in the presale. Otherwise maybe some relatives back in NZ can do me a favour ...

Yeah your right it was to.... hmmm, I know for a fact their site went down for something because I remember sitting at work fuming because I was trying to get prices for something but kept getting a page telling me a major event had just gone on sale and the site was overloaded....

maybe it was a test?

Call me a skeptic, Im a web application developer as well so you think I'ed be all for online purchasing.

I live in country South Australia, and went to Popmart Melbourne. The only way I could get a ticket was from ringing up, so i rang at 8:30 here as it was 9 in VIC. Took about 45 min to get through though...
Planning to go to the Melbourne show again, but not entirely confident of getting through in time for tickets.

Back
Top Bottom