Australia - The Desperate And Dateless Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they used it to it's limit, the stage would knock out one of the end stands, not the side. It would take very, very little off the side. The ends of Telstra Stadium aren't that large seating wise, they dismantled the two huge wings at either end after the Olympics and closed the whole thing in. 85,000 at the soccer is close to it's capacity for sport. The end wing that would be knocked out would take 10,000 off that max, then you'd probably be adding an easy 20,000 on the field.

Earnie Shavers said:
If they used it to it's limit, the stage would knock out one of the end stands, not the side. It would take very, very little off the side. The ends of Telstra Stadium aren't that large seating wise, they dismantled the two huge wings at either end after the Olympics and closed the whole thing in. 85,000 at the soccer is close to it's capacity for sport. The end wing that would be knocked out would take 10,000 off that max, then you'd probably be adding an easy 20,000 on the field.

:hmm:

If they place it on the smaller side grandstand (one of them has a mezzanine level with another 3 grand of seats) then you could be right, I did forget that the field is needlessly huge. :sigh:

But really does it matter with GA all they way. :hyper:

You know, I do keep wondering if this thing's going to sell out. I mean, look at Popmart's attendance - has demand really increased all that much? The "ATYCLB Effect" is now more a "Beautiful Day On The Radio Effect", and the lack of a U2 presence in Australia hasn't helped to boost their profile.

I'm honestly a bit skeptical. Not that I mind, as less demand = easier to get tickets. It would be damn cool if the Sydney gigs were some of the biggest on tour, though I expect they might be topped by some of the shows in the Americas - didn't they do 120,000 to one Popmart gig in Brazil or something insane like that?

Also, do they routinely close the roof at the Telstra Dome for concerts? Because that would be seriously awesome.

Just out of interest, the record Rugby Union crowd at Telstra Stadium was 109,874. Record Rugby League was 107,558. This was before the wings were dismantled, taking 20,000 off the capacity.

Earnie Shavers said:
Just out of interest, the record Rugby Union crowd at Telstra Stadium was 109,874.

That was teh 2000 Bledisloe Cup match which is also regarded as the best game of Rugby Union in the modern era, of which I had to sell my tickets for. :angry:

Axver said:
I'm honestly a bit skeptical. Not that I mind, as less demand = easier to get tickets. It would be damn cool if the Sydney gigs were some of the biggest on tour, though I expect they might be topped by some of the shows in the Americas - didn't they do 120,000 to one Popmart gig in Brazil or something insane like that?

I think I read somewhere the Croke Park concerts were the largest (something like 80,000), so it could be the largest of the Vertigo Tour.

Axver said:
You know, I do keep wondering if this thing's going to sell out. I mean, look at Popmart's attendance - has demand really increased all that much? The "ATYCLB Effect" is now more a "Beautiful Day On The Radio Effect", and the lack of a U2 presence in Australia hasn't helped to boost their profile.

Yeh I have my doubts if they will sell out any of the Aussie Stadiums....but I guess the only thing we can do is wait and see. Hopefully records crowds...the more the crowds the better chance U2 wont skip us next time.

adambk said:

I think I read somewhere the Croke Park concerts were the largest (something like 80,000), so it could be the largest of the Vertigo Tour.

Yep, Croke did a tad over 82,000 each one of the three nights.

Sydney could be beaten in size by some South American stadiums, depending on where they play. Also, everyone expected Barcelona to be the highest attended on the European leg, as it holds 91,000 for sport, but it was beaten by Croke (and maybe Milan?). So maybe the same will happen with Sydney.

fullautoreverse said:
Any news if tickets will be through Ticketek or Ticketmaster? :(

Looking at this page on Austadiums.com to see what ticketing agencies the stadiums already have ticketing arrangements in place with:

Ticketek - Telstra Stadium, Ericsson Stadium, ANZ/QEII/QLD Athletics Centre/Whatever The Hell They Want To Call It
Ticketmaster - Telstra Dome

Nothing on AAMI Stadium.

Access All Areas.net.au
www.accessallareas.net.au
Your source for music!

U2 TICKETING DETAILS!

Qld Sports & Athletics Centre, Brisbane
Tue, Mar 21, 2006
Tickets on sale through Ticketmaster
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/eventprofiles/profiles.asp?profileid=2222

Telstra Dome, Melbourne
Fri, Mar 24, 2006

AAMI Stadium, Adelaide
Tue, Mar 28, 2006

Telstra Stadium, Sydney
Fri, 31 Mar, 2006
Tickets on sale through Ticketek
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=U206&searchId=4a13894c-1201-47e9-8807-68c2c981e2ae

Ticket prices:
$99 (Standing (Arena))
$199
A Reserve (Seating)
$130
B Reserve (Seating)
$99 C Reserve (Seating)
$59 D Reserve (Seating)
TICKETS ON SALE 9:00AM MONDAY 5 DECEMBER 2005 FOR ALL SHOWS
For all the U2 information visit www.accessallareas.net.au

timothius said:
$59 D Reserve (Seating)

Cheapest U2 tickets on earth! :drool:

U2 will totally sell out Telstra Stadium with prices like this.

so does anyone have a map of whats classed as A reserve, B reserve ect for ANZ stadium in Brizzy for this comcert??

dammit! i thought adelaide tickets would at least be sold by bass... i have an outlet near me.... unlike ticketmaster... there's only two in adelaide according to the site and they're miles apart, so imagine how many people are lining up... i guess i'm doing the internet thing... even though i'm not that confident about it.

then there's ticketek for sydney. i have an outlet on my street but it'll only be 8.30 here when it's 9.00 in sydney. the newsagent wouldn't be open, would it????

Just a quick note. Ticketek have a special note that "Ticket Prices Are Subject To Change". Correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't normal practice (at least where it is displayed on the page). I think some fluctuations may be made depending on how tickets are sold. :hmm:

how come ticketmaster dont have the prices if they are selling them for 3 of the 4 venues???

Earnie Shavers said:

= $US43. I think you are right. These are by far the cheapest...

I hope we get a seating map soon. At these prices, I'm starting to wonder if U2 seriously do want to sell out a couple of shows using Telstra Stadium's full capacity.

I can't believe that I could actually see U2 for less than I saw the Finn Brothers.

ticketmaster is shit. ticketek has a seating plan and prices and all. ticketmaster does not even have that. how and i ment to know if its work paying $199 for A reserved seating if i dont even know where they are located and where she stage will be and all that???!!!

grrr

lol i dont drink beer....and i dont wanna be stading with all these tall ppl infront of me so i cant see. becides my parents dont wanna stand dam them!

My mother announced last night that she wants to go as well... I have no idea what to recommend to her. This is a 60 year old woman...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom