Australia OFFICALLY confirmed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tour Dates

Now if we will just have the dates everything will be perfect.
(all rumors at the moment)

Auckland 16 & 17 March

Melbourne 24 & 25 March

Anyone know of any others ?

:(

I wouldn't call the Melbourne dates a rumour, considering the context in which they appeared. Those look pretty solid.

Auckland's second show seems up in the air, either the 16th or the 18th.

Haven't heard anything about anywhere else ...

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I LIVE IN MELBOURNE THIS IS SOOOOO EXCITING!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

Oh okay thanks a lot!

But now I'm scared for some reason - I just read that article in the Age about it being at the end of the Commonwealth games. And that videotape about Melbourne is on the terrorist hit list. I'm sorry to mention it, but being 15 and a huge worrier, that popped into my head. Someone tell me I am an idiot and it won't happen.

But otherwise, LET'S GET EXCITED!

NOW I can be really excited.

When do we suppose the tickets will go on sale?

And for dummies like me, where do we think the best place to get them will be? (phone internet or person I mean)

COBL_04 said:
Oh okay thanks a lot!

But now I'm scared for some reason - I just read that article in the Age about it being at the end of the Commonwealth games. And that videotape about Melbourne is on the terrorist hit list. I'm sorry to mention it, but being 15 and a huge worrier, that popped into my head. Someone tell me I am an idiot and it won't happen.

But otherwise, LET'S GET EXCITED!

While I can't eliviate all your concerns I will point out that all major terrorist attacks (September 11, Madrid, London, Bali, Bali) have all happened at incredibly random times and not at major gatherings are.

Sydney surivived the Olympics, I think Melbourne will be safe with the games. :up:

imogen said:
NOW I can be really excited.

When do we suppose the tickets will go on sale?

And for dummies like me, where do we think the best place to get them will be? (phone internet or person I mean)

A worker at ticketek said leave has been cancelled from the week starting 3rd (???) December. That week I would guess.

In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person.

Try for presales, but the internet is always overloaded and will crash. I say line up early and you should get the tickets your after. :yes:

Make sure you are signed up to ticketek & ticketmaster for any possible presales though. :up:

Rumored tour dates

COBL_04 said:
Hang on, that U2.com didn't have the dates. janneane where di you get them?

The Melbourne dates are from the article that was published in the age newspaper in melbourne on tuesday 8th november.

All the others are from spending TOO MUCH time on the internet.
Mostly from threads on interference, read that many I forget the thread titles but some will be in Pre announcement parties for capital cities like Brisbane or the one tree hill pre announcement party.

U2.com should just put us out of our misery and post a list of dates and cities on their web site.

But if we spent most of the past twelve months waiting for news I guess a few more weeks or days wont really hurt that much.

I heard an ad on the radio that ticketek is taking over for the Burswood so Perthites, should we get a tour, they are the ones to go with.

Hmmm. Secretly deep down I don't know if I want a Perth gig. If they don't come here it gives me an excuse to see more than one show over east and get my money's worth. Whereas if they play Perth I'm not gonna see them here and then also gonna go over and see them in Sydney, Melbourne etc..

Tania said:
I heard an ad on the radio that ticketek is taking over for the Burswood so Perthites, should we get a tour, they are the ones to go with.

That makes sense, with Packer recently buying Burswood (and also owning Ticketek.... and the SuperDome in Sydney... and your firstborn child).

Re: Rumored tour dates

janneane said:

Doesn't take five seconds to load U2NewZooland.com and see "Auckland on 17 March 2006".

Re: Rumored tour dates

janneane said:

The Melbourne dates are from the article that was published in the age newspaper in melbourne on tuesday 8th november.

So what you're saying if you dare venture away from the Murdoch press for your news you are spending too much time on the internet. :wink:

Thanks timothius, that was helpful and calming. :)

Okay, now it's my first show so I need all the information I can get - where to get tickets, how much, where to sit (a place where i can jump up and down and scream), what to take, etc, etc.

COBL_04 said:
Thanks timothius, that was helpful and calming. :)

Okay, now it's my first show so I need all the information I can get - where to get tickets, how much, where to sit (a place where i can jump up and down and scream), what to take, etc, etc.

Tickets will be either Ticketmaster or Ticketek

We really dont know prices yet ($120+ one would think)

Where to sit?...either go for the GA or very good first level seats

What to take? Yourself (and some Friends if they are into U2) and forget about everything else for 2 and a bit hours :)

timothius said:

A worker at ticketek said leave has been cancelled from the week starting 3rd (???) December. That week I would guess.

In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person. In person.

Try for presales, but the internet is always overloaded and will crash. I say line up early and you should get the tickets your after. :yes:

Make sure you are signed up to ticketek & ticketmaster for any possible presales though. :up:

Thank you sooooo much for your help. Much love and many kisses sent your way timothius!

bono_man2002 said:

Tickets will be either Ticketmaster or Ticketek

We really dont know prices yet ($120+ one would think)

Where to sit?...either go for the GA or very good first level seats

What to take? Yourself (and some Friends if they are into U2) and forget about everything else for 2 and a bit hours :)

I think it will be Ticketek for Melbourne anyway.

$120? *Gulp* Guess I won't be getting October for a while then!

What does GA, MSG and all the other toury terms stand for?

That's the bad thing - I am only 15 (could I get in by myself?) and none of my friends would go to a U2 concert. And if they did, they would probably never want to be seen with me in public ever again, cause I'd embarras them by 'singing' along.

COBL_04 said:

I think it will be Ticketek for Melbourne anyway.

$120? *Gulp* Guess I won't be getting October for a while then!

What does GA, MSG and all the other toury terms stand for?

That's the bad thing - I am only 15 (could I get in by myself?) and none of my friends would go to a U2 concert. And if they did, they would probably never want to be seen with me in public ever again, cause I'd embarras them by 'singing' along.

GA is general admission (seating...I mean, Standing on the floor (in the US Legs this tour in the ellipse)

MSG Is Madison Square Garden (I don't think we have to worry about that!)

You will get in fine by yourself at 15. There will be a few of us from here going anyways if you need somone to go with.

bono_man2002 said:
You will get in fine by yourself at 15. There will be a few of us from here going anyways if you need somone to go with.

That's good to hear, but because it's at the end of the Commonwealth Games, I don't think I'm going to have much luck getting in without a parent. The main reason I wanted to go alone was because that way I could go and find somewhere to sit (or stand?) where I could sing along as loud as I want.

And how long does the show go for?

I was at a old time USA diner thingie today. One of those places that has a jukebox and lots of old music eg Elvis, Buddy Holly, etc. The jukebox played "New Years Day".

:feelingold:

Telstra Dome ticketing is through Ticketmaster. Almost all Sydney venues (except the Entertainment Centre) are Ticketek. Brisbane will be Ticketek - as will possible dates in Perth and Adelaide.

COBL_04 said:
I thought U2 were performing at Rod Laver Arena?

Did you not read the article I linked you to on the first page of this thread? It very clearly states the Telstra Dome.

Rod Laver is a really old - and now debunked - rumour, and if U2 were playing there, they'd do AT LEAST four shows there (they did seven on Lovetown).

Back
Top Bottom