Australia off for 2006/07/08.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
timothius said:

I win. :dance:

The only things worth saving in Wellington are Stephen Fleming, Tana Umaga and the National Cricket Museum. :happy: :love: :heart: :dancing: :combievan:

Not to mention the gorgeous scenery, the cable car, the Basin Reserve, the beautiful railway station, and the Museum of New Zealand!

beli said:
So, are U2 going to visit Australia or wot? :sad:

Axver might give you a DETAILED description of what he knows and who he got his info from if you ask him nicely. :wink:

Spill Spill Spill!!!

Axver said:

Not to mention the gorgeous scenery

Waikato is better.

Axver said:

the cable car

:scream: Because cable-cars are an indangered species in New Zealand.

Axver said:

the Basin Reserve

Is the home of the New Zealand cricket museum. I had the pleasure of taking a tour there guided by Dan Vettori's uncle(?) last time I was there. Under my scheme it would be saved.

Axver said:
the beautiful railway station

As the railway station surely offers fares to Auckland, this can only be seen as a positive piece of infrastructure and should be kept.

Axver said:

Museum of New Zealand!

Auckland has more than enough museums to service the Pacific Rim. By retaining the Cricket Museum Wellington has filled it's museum quota.

:drool:

Does anyone know why the All Because of You filmclip was apparently played last night on Rage but the single is not available for purchase? Is the single going to be released here?

I started watching Rage and then fell asleep :mad: Was it any good?

(of course with Rage's track record with U2 clips, that would have been the first and last showing :angry: :grumpy:

blueeyedgirl said:
I started watching Rage and then fell asleep :mad: Was it any good?

(of course with Rage's track record with U2 clips, that would have been the first and last showing :angry: :grumpy:

I didnt make it either. I doubt that we will see it again :woe:

beli said:
Does anyone know why the All Because of You filmclip was apparently played last night on Rage but the single is not available for purchase? Is the single going to be released here?

It got delayed til the 30th of October as a single release
I already asked about it at JB

Maybe a tour announcement is on the cards - SOON !!!

Just got a message from one of my friends. She was reading the Port Adelaide (football team) fan magazine and it said that there is going to be a major concert at their footy ground(or one of the football grounds) and that an announcement will be given in November.

Also another friend heard on the radio that U2 are coming ( but then the radio has been saying that for the last twelve months).

My first theory is that U2 have deliberatly delayed the release of their single to around the time of the release of the dvd so that a tour annoucement will boost sales of both items.

Now how did I find out about the zoo tv tour. The above friend was at the MCG for a football match and it was advertised on the big screen during half time.

Bring on the annoucement...only three days to November...

My second theory.
All rumors that are meant to be U2 turn out to be someone else. Last week I heard on the radio that Robbie Williams may be coming to Australia around the time of the commonwealth games. Then in this weeks paper is says that Madonna wants to include us on her next tour.

Well lets see what happens in the next tour weeks

Apparently Madonna wants to 'kick off' her next tour IN Australia? I read that somewhere...

maddys shows are great too :up:

Re: Maybe a tour announcement is on the cards - SOON !!!

janneane said:
Just got a message from one of my friends. She was reading the Port Adelaide (football team) fan magazine and it said that there is going to be a major concert at their footy ground(or one of the football grounds) and that an announcement will be given in November.

If it's Alberton, then it's probably Shannon Noll or someone....:wink:

wHO HAD THE idea to re-package jimmy barnes to a younger crowd (shannon noll) and what the!!!!! it actually worked!@!???/

what are people on these days????

is this slightly off topic?????

im lost

can anybody help???

is australia off??? or on?????

does anybody even care anymore?????

namkcuR said:
Australia deserves some shows. Surely fans elsewhere in the world can wait six months longer for new material so that the good U2 fans down under can have the experience of seeing the band live, right?

Exactly!!!!!! Surely U2 can come to the conclusion that Australia, NZ and South America deserve live shows more than America and Europe deserve a new Album or extra tour.

If U2 happen to skip the Sourthern Hemisphere and go to Europe for another Vertigo leg...I will seriously give up being a U2 fan.

I could understand a new Album only if they Toured Australia first like they did with Lovetown.......Anything else and I'd throw my U2 Cd's in the Rubbish!

Another thing that scares me is that some big acts are only going to Sydney and Melbourne. They are Skipping Brisbane. Skipping Adelaide and Perth would be bad enough...but only 2 cities on the east coast seeing U2 would be very unfair.....since Brisbane is 12hrs continous drive north of Sydney. Compare that to US cities who see U2....that have smaller/similar populations than Brisbane/Gold Coast.

Back
Top Bottom