Australia/NZ - We Have Dates, But Still Desperate Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, to continue from the previous thread, here's what happened with me and Ticketmaster today (it's good news!).

Back story: I bought three GAs for Auckland, and on a whim, decided to see if my code still worked for Brisbane, fully expecting to be told that I'd used it already and couldn't get anything. However, it worked, and recognised I'd bought 3/4 tickets so I could only buy 1, which I did. Further attempts to use it failed. I then was reminded that we were informed we could get tickets to just ONE SHOW, and I noticed a disclaimer on my confirmation printout saying that orders exceeding the limit will be cancelled. This threw me for a bit of a panic, especially considering how the code had recognised me and permitted me to buy a second ticket.

So I called Ticketmaster Australia. The representative could not help me with Auckland as that's through Ticketmaster NZ, but she looked up my Brisbane ticket on the system and confirmed to me that I had bought it, it was a confirmed sale at their end and the only person who can cancel it is me. She then advised me to call Ticketmaster NZ.

I gave Ticketmaster NZ a call, but I couldn't connect. I guess I dialled the international code wrong?

Considering this failure, I called Ticketmaster Australia back and told them I was trying to get in touch with Ticketmaster NZ but to no avail. The representative put me on hold for a bit and when she came back, she told me Ticketmaster NZ's call centre closes at 5pm Kiwi time anyway, and that she'd looked up my Auckland order and I had 3 GAs, confirmed sale, and the only person who could cancel them is me.

I think I'm in the clear. I think I'll ring them again tomorrow just to confirm one last time - especially as my two calls to Ticketmaster Australia focused on the two different orders, not both together - but I think I have my tickets for both Auckland and Brisbane! :hyper:

Axver, glad to hear that it's working out. Do yourself a favor and check a month or so before the concerts as well. FWIW, Ticketmaster, to my knowledge in the US, doesn't do a "sweep" of excessive orders until a day after the general sale.

Congrats all round folks, but please leave some GA's for us sad and sorry stand in line with fingers and toes crossed types!
I have to wait until midday monday:drool:

Axver said:
OK, to continue from the previous thread, here's what happened with me and Ticketmaster today (it's good news!).

Back story: I bought three GAs for Auckland, and on a whim, decided to see if my code still worked for Brisbane, fully expecting to be told that I'd used it already and couldn't get anything. However, it worked, and recognised I'd bought 3/4 tickets so I could only buy 1, which I did. Further attempts to use it failed. I then was reminded that we were informed we could get tickets to just ONE SHOW, and I noticed a disclaimer on my confirmation printout saying that orders exceeding the limit will be cancelled. This threw me for a bit of a panic, especially considering how the code had recognised me and permitted me to buy a second ticket.

So I called Ticketmaster Australia. The representative could not help me with Auckland as that's through Ticketmaster NZ, but she looked up my Brisbane ticket on the system and confirmed to me that I had bought it, it was a confirmed sale at their end and the only person who can cancel it is me. She then advised me to call Ticketmaster NZ.

I gave Ticketmaster NZ a call, but I couldn't connect. I guess I dialled the international code wrong?

Considering this failure, I called Ticketmaster Australia back and told them I was trying to get in touch with Ticketmaster NZ but to no avail. The representative put me on hold for a bit and when she came back, she told me Ticketmaster NZ's call centre closes at 5pm Kiwi time anyway, and that she'd looked up my Auckland order and I had 3 GAs, confirmed sale, and the only person who could cancel them is me.

I think I'm in the clear. I think I'll ring them again tomorrow just to confirm one last time - especially as my two calls to Ticketmaster Australia focused on the two different orders, not both together - but I think I have my tickets for both Auckland and Brisbane! :hyper:

Awesome to hear that it worked out! A friend of mine managed to get two shows on her one presale code as well and she was freaking out about it. But I think this more or less nails it that once they're confirmed, then noone can cancel it. YAY!

evieangelique said:

Awesome to hear that it worked out! A friend of mine managed to get two shows on her one presale code as well and she was freaking out about it. But I think this more or less nails it that once they're confirmed, then noone can cancel it. YAY!

I highly recommend that you make sure she calls Ticketmaster/Ticketek and confirms that they have been sold and that the tickets are hers, the only person who can cancel them is her.

I felt so much better after hearing that, though I'm still going to doublecheck tomorrow for the sake of my paranoid nerves.

Congrats everyone who got the tickets. I hope I'm lucky enough to get Sydney GA tickets on Monday.

Does anyone know what the max GA purchase limit is yet per person for Sydney?

Sken said:

I don't have that many friends, but I guess I got till Mon to work on it:wink:

Buy all of Telstra Stadium by using three credit cards and you'll suddenly have lots of friends who want to give you large sums of money. :happy:

Axver said:

Buy all of Telstra Stadium by using three credit cards and you'll suddenly have lots of friends who want to give you large sums of money. :happy:
:hmm:
Wonder if that will get me on stage, or even grant a song request.

Sken said:

:hmm:
Wonder if that will get me on stage, or even grant a song request.

You can take your pick between Stuck In A Moment, Red Light, and 4th Of July! :drool:

Axver said:

You can take your pick between Stuck In A Moment, Red Light, and 4th Of July! :drool:
Can you imagine, I'd pick Red Light, and Bono wouldnt know the words so would probably sing Stuck anyway.

In all fairness though I'd probably request Lemon, Ultraviolet, Sort of Homecoming or the Unforgettable Fire, four songs that have a fat chance of ever showing up in a U2 setlist again.

Sken said:

Can you imagine, I'd pick Red Light, and Bono wouldnt know the words so would probably sing Stuck anyway.

In all fairness though I'd probably request Lemon, Ultraviolet, Sort of Homecoming or the Unforgettable Fire, four songs that have a fat chance of ever showing up in a U2 setlist again.

You should request 4th Of July just so you don't need to worry about Bono not knowing the lyrics! :yes:

Axver said:

You should request 4th Of July just so you don't need to worry about Bono not knowing the lyrics! :yes:
LOL:) That'll probably confuse the poor man.

reptile said:
Congrats all round folks, but please leave some GA's for us sad and sorry stand in line with fingers and toes crossed types!
I have to wait until midday monday:drool:

Same here :(

Congrats to everyone who got tickets!!! :applaud:

I had a look at the other thread and the seating plan for Adelaide. Interesting it says they're having the stage down one end. The stands will be miles from the stage. :no:

I remember that for Zoo they had the stage on the side in the middle. And it still didn't sell out. Curious... :hmm:

Dear God, I just checked my Hotmail and I got a message from Ticketek! Was it info for U2? NO! It was info about how you could meet Rob Thomas! :scream: Fair gave the ticker a bit of a shock! :yikes:

blueeyedgirl said:

Same here :(

Congrats to everyone who got tickets!!! :applaud:

I had a look at the other thread and the seating plan for Adelaide. Interesting it says they're having the stage down one end. The stands will be miles from the stage. :no:

I remember that for Zoo they had the stage on the side in the middle. And it still didn't sell out. Curious... :hmm:

I could be wrong, but I've got a feeling that Adelaide may surprise people...it may even surprise Adelaideans themselves. Every person I speak to where I work is pumped and going to this gig. Every other person my husband speaks to [and he sees heaps each day in his line of work] are definitely going...could be a big crowd there...a very big crowd.
Am going to see Coldplay here next July...when I say that to people at work, they go 'who?'...I mention U2...there's no 'who'...just 'yes'..and 'I/we'll be there'.

S.

I just got a email back from Michael Coppel Entertainment ...

my msg - To Whom It May Concern

I am wondering if there is any truth to the rumours of U2 coming to Australia in March 2006?

Regards,

Matt Quinn

I sent that in late september early octoberish...

I got my response today (hmm like i didn;t already know what it would say)

Dear Matt

U2 are coming to Australia in March 2006

MCE

Good to see Michael Coppel Entertainment are on the ball!!!! :lol:

epoh, interesting what you say. The cynic in me doesn't think it will sell out, but then Adelaideans do have a way of surprising me occassionally (but as long as I get my ticket first! :mad: )

Anyone have any guesses as to the dates for rumoured 2nd shows in Melb or Syd?

Syd is the 31/03 would they add a second show before the 31st show? or would it be 1/4?

blueeyedgirl said:
The cynic in me doesn't think it will sell out, but then Adelaideans do have a way of surprising me occassionally (but as long as I get my ticket first! :mad: )
I'm of the same opinion as you, but the hype in Adelaide is really there. Everyone is talking about, the dvd's are selling really well, most people I've talked to are planning to go. People I havent heard from in ages are ringing me to organise a group event.

My friend works in the Telstra main building and 90% of his level are going. I think this could suprise us. I hope it does.

Btw, blueeyedgirl, I posted this in another thread, but did you notice that Mar 28 at Adelaide is the 1 year anniversary of the Vertigo tour, it could be a special night.

Will sell all my earthly possessions for GA tix. Green with envy for those of you who've purchased pre-sales already. I hope you're happy!!! :sad: lol. Monday better be my lucky day. Do you guys think getting to a Ticketek office at 7am will get me tickets at 9??? Pretty stressed out about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom