Australia/NZ - We Have Dates, But Still Desperate Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
COBL_04 said:
Will I still be able to get good-ish seats on Monday? I have school that morning, so I think my Dad is going to get tickets at 9am, when they open.

I would think a fair few of the A Reserve seats ($200) have been sold but I would imagine there are still plenty of B Reserve and General Admission left.

Aussie Edge said:
Do we have any idea who the support act is as yet?:huh:

No. Support act/acts won't be announced until probably end of January/February. I'm sure rumours will start soon though. Jet was mentioned but I'm hoping for an international band to be added to the bill.

Last edited:
Aussie Edge said:
Do we have any idea who the support act is as yet?:huh:

My mother.

She'll tell you about her favourite TV show while playing a tambourine.

DignityPassesBy said:
i'm so worried about getting tickets ... whats the limit on the number of tickets by the way
Bass confirmed 8 per person, not sure about tickmaster etc.

Hey ticketmaster and ticketek arent linked - looks like you can use the presale code at each one...

bazza said:
Hey ticketmaster and ticketek arent linked - looks like you can use the presale code at each one...

I'm wondering if I walked through a loophole with Ticketmaster Australia and Ticketmaster New Zealand ...

Hilary Duff arrived in Australia earlier today, ahead of staging her Still Most Wanted tour at numerous locations around the country. Currently situated in Adelaide, Duff is rehearsing for her first show this Friday.
Duff will perform seven concerts in her two week stay but also plans on relaxing during her visit down under.
``Last time I was in Australia I saw nothing, I was too tired and I just collapsed in my hotel room,'' Duff said. "I look forward to shopping and catching some waves at some of Australia's beaches."

Fri Dec 2 - Adelaide Ent Centre
Sat Dec 3 - Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
Mon Dec 5 - Canberra Royal Theatre
Wed Dec 7 - Newcastle Ent Centre
Fri Dec 9 - Wollongong Ent Centre
Sat Dec 10 - Sydney Ent Centre
Sun Dec 11 - Brisbane Ent Centre

:hyper:

Queen Bee said:
Hilary Duff arrived in Australia
</snip>

Fri Dec 2 - Adelaide Ent Centre
Sat Dec 3 - Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
Mon Dec 5 - Canberra Royal Theatre
Wed Dec 7 - Newcastle Ent Centre
Fri Dec 9 - Wollongong Ent Centre
Sat Dec 10 - Sydney Ent Centre
Sun Dec 11 - Brisbane Ent Centre

:hyper:

Oh bugger, Hilary is not playing Perth. :woe:

what internation bands do you think they could get over here ...

Snow Patrol would be good
Audioslave???maybe not
Franz Ferdinand might do the whole 4th leg
Guys who wrote ghostbusters theme song (i know what your thinking ... to big for even U2 to get but we can hope)

DignityPassesBy said:
who'd want to go to perth anyway :wink: by the way strong rumour for the support act is the wiggles :yes: thats right kids you heard it here first

:lol: Nobody. I don't even go to Perth if I can avoid it. :wink:

The Wiggles would be cool. :hyper: I know the words to all their songs :crack:

DignityPassesBy said:
what internation bands do you think they could get over here ...

Guys who wrote ghostbusters theme song (i know what your thinking ... to big for even U2 to get but we can hope)

I believe his name was Ray Parker Jr......

Franz Ferdinand are touring here in January doing side shows and the Big Day Out - so scrap that idea. I'd say Jet are probably the show in at this point...

I am hoping for Johnny Diesel. I saw him at a live concert at the rocks a few weeks ago, and he is the most amazing performer I have ever seen. He is very similar to bono in that he really connects with the crowd. And plus he has some GREAT songs!!

tickets gone up..
i noticed that the price has gone up by a few bucks....
i'm still willing to pay anything.
ticketmaster still has no prices....i know there gonna be the same as ticketek but thats not the point...

Adelaide prices:

A RES. $150
B RES. $130
C RES. $99
GA. $99

My advice; come to Adelaide!:drool:

Have you noticed how often:drool: has been used on these Australian threads?
Makes one think we have been hanging on for this for quite some time!!!:drool:

Hey I don't post very often but just to let you know. I'm going to get to my ticketmaster outlet at 5am for tix to the Melbourne show. Anyone else doing this or camping out for melb?

yup i am! I'm going round 4/5 am, seeing if there ar epeople there, then going back to the car to sleep for a bit if there isn't anyone!

I've already talked to the ticketmaster ladies, they told me which door is the best one and that secuirty guards will hand out number if they have too....

god i feel excited/sick thinking about it!

Cool! A couple of us are going to Camberwell to grab ours. Making an adventure out of it, food, board games and music.

Well, all my exams are over (four A's and a B+ :D) so I am celebrating. My Dad will probably get the tickets Monday unless I can get the day off. I just pray that he gets good seats!

My Mum has also just told me something that gave me quite a shock - my jaw operation may clash with the concert. It better not. I pray for that too.

Ticketmaster here in Shepparton are expecting people to queue up from midday sunday, I'll be there at midnight.

Another thing, they are definitly selling tickets for behind the stage.....which means......What the hell are they using for a stage in Melbourne?

I'm wondering what the actual capacity for these gigs will be...
for Zoo TV the SFS had capacity of 52,000 and for Popmart it was only 38,000, due to seats being on the field instead of standing room. So with GA if Telstra Stadium really is a lot bigger than SFS it would have to be around 70,000.
Looking at the seating map for the Adelaide gig, they are using pretty much the whole oval as GA and about 3/4 of the stadium seats, so that would have to be AT LEAST 50,000.
I'm guessing about 50,000 for Brisbane too and 60,000 for Melbourne, would this be close?

The SFS has a seating capacity of 42,000 so if they got 52,000 to the concert there was an extra 10,000 above capacity.

Telstra stadium has a seating capacity of 83,500 so you could expect at least 90,000 as the field is a lot longer and wider then the SFS, as it is almost the size of a cricket field not a footy field. It may be even as high as 100,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom