Australia/NZ - We Have Dates, But Still Desperate Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, don't bother with the internet. i only got mine from lining up and ringing up!

25,000 left? i was in a panic for nothing.

hehe, i had around 83 people infront of me, so i thought.. till they started calling out '61...........72......74' and all those people in between had left or weren't there.. so damn lucky hey. i couldnt believe i got some tickets, its SOOOO EXCITING.. YAYYYYY

beaut_day said:
hey peeps, I JUST GOT MY TICKETS! woo-hoo.. drove from sunshine coast to Aspley Pick n Pay.. hell yeah, got pretty gd tickets too $202 tickets and im on the eastern stand. in... box.. 12.. >_< How did everyone else go?? anyone in my stand? :O

I got A reserve & i'm in secation 3.. ..not sure what stand though....do u think they will tell me if i call them?

timothius said:
You got your tickets Sken? :hyper:
Hi Tim,

Missed out on Sydney, but thanks to a friend in bass got 40 GA tickets for all my friends. How did you end up?

Sken said:

Hi Tim,

Missed out on Sydney, but thanks to a friend in bass got 40 GA tickets for all my friends. How did you end up?

40! :ohmy:

There is no limit! :lol:

Managed to score 2 GA for Sydney via lining up and by a minor miracle 2 GA to Auckland via an international phone. :ohmy:

That should see me through. :)

I got my tickets!!!

Melbourne GA
Sydney GA
Adelaide GA!

*dances around* Though i CANNOT believe they didn't announce the second concerts TODAY. There were still 15/20 ppl in my line (i went and lined up for the second concert) but 11am when only single seats, then nothing was available, i thought BANG it would be released but no!!!

I feel sorry for the ebay people, thats o horrible :( :( :(

ebay is just a crack, imagine the people in the lines (where i was it was 8 tickets per person)..... imagine the people in the lines who just bought them to sell them on ebay ....grr

:ohmy: OH MY GAWD... - U2 IS ON B.105.... 'you're the real thing...yeah the real thing...you're the real thing...even better than the real thing child... ' WOOOO

Precious3 said:

Yeah i am not sure if i am in Western or eastern... if its the eastern stand i will be right near u! i cant beleive that i got them..after hearing that the other shows sold out in 1.5 hours i thoughti had no chance

did they not show you when you got your tickets? where did u get ur tickets from? i thought the same thing when I heard about the other selling out in just over an hour.

IF YOU'RE IN THE WESTERN STAND - ur soooooo lucky hahaha
IF YOU'RE IN THE EASTERN STAND - ur still bluddy lucky... :)

just seen the u2 line on the news....n e of u guys see it? where u on the TV? Just talking about how optus and all that was jammed and all that! nothing to exciting.

beaut_day said:

did they not show you when you got your tickets? where did u get ur tickets from? i thought the same thing when I heard about the other selling out in just over an hour.

IF YOU'RE IN THE WESTERN STAND - ur soooooo lucky hahaha
IF YOU'RE IN THE EASTERN STAND - ur still bluddy lucky... :)

i called over the phone for my tickets so i dont have my tickets yet. all she said was 3 seats in section 3 Reserve A and my row...

Precious3 said:

i called over the phone for my tickets so i dont have my tickets yet. all she said was 3 seats in section 3 Reserve A and my row...

:( oh i lined up and ended up with sore feet. haha. you might have to give them a buzz i say.. you were lucky to get through on the phone..

mmmm i knew the phones and internet would be down, both ticketek and ticketmaster cannt deal with the load AT ALL! *rolls eyes*

Thank god there was a ticketmaster and a ticketek in the same place, even though tht eticketek girl didn't turn up till 9.15am. My boyfriend was going mental...i mean how unprofessional is that?!? I dont care that ticketek sells for sydney, they should be there 9am on the dot!!!

but i have my tickets omgomgomgomg :drool: :drool:

sure was...i had to hang up and press re-dail about 20 times befire i got through. only took like 5 mins tho. :)

Precious3 said:
just seen the u2 line on the news....n e of u guys see it? where u on the TV? Just talking about how optus and all that was jammed and all that! nothing to exciting.

what channel???

sokki said:

really? where did you hear that??
I've had half a dozen phone calls at work telling me this. I can't confirm it ofcourse.

i had some :huh: (crazy) lady infront of me.. and when her number was called out she skip and hopped upto the counter, it was heaps funny..

brissy is about to sell out - good effort south east qld's!

ticketmaster has odd seats here and there, right up the back...

Ok, I went to a Ticketek in Sydney at 3am. No one was there. At 6:30, I went again and there were 20 ppl already! By 9am, there were 150 ppl behind me... and this is like a really small, unknown Ticketek. Moral of the story (for the second show) - screw the phones, the internet, and get your hairy ass to the nearest ticketek/master around 5am. BTW I got my 2 GAs. Should've got an extra. Catergory A, B, C were all sold out within 1 hour.

asked ticketmaster about a second brisbane date for the sake of it and he said while there is nothing confirmed (as they said for melb, but we know its going to happen) call us tomorrow or the day after, or check the site for more info...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom