Australia/NZ - We Have Dates, But Still Desperate Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
blueeyedgirl said:
Now I'm on ticketek again and it's still telling me there's only one Syd show. WTF????

It seems the 2nd Sydney show will be announced tomorrow. Same with Melbourne. Perhaps the on-sale date will be next Monday just like the 2nd Auckland show.

AndrewCowley said:

Hope so. Does anyone know what's the capacity of AAMI stadium? It looks huge in the seating map. Must be 45000.

Just under 51,000 but of course the seats behind the stage wont be used.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

6 GA tickets for Adelaide!!!! I have just spent my entire weeks wage! (the landlady will have to wait!) I was only buying for 2 then the phone calls started from all my on-line mates.....cant believe good old lining up has worked out better than new technology!!!

To all Adelaide interferencers , Blueeyedgirl and myself will be at the Exeter Hotel tonight at about 5pm, so come on down and celebrate! You will know us by our smug elated smiles!!!!

Some clown is auctioning 2 GA tix for Melbourne at $1575. There's been heaps of bids, and it could go higher.

I'm happy i only paid $99 for my ticket.

woohoo i just got back from west lakes for my adelaide ticket... i got there just before 12, i should have got there earlier but then i would have missed out on sydney and melbourne. yay!!!

since i was there alone i couldn't go to the toilet for over 2 and a half hours. and people were really annoying.

where did you go reptile to get yours?

reptile said:

6 GA tickets for Adelaide!!!! I have just spent my entire weeks wage! (the landlady will have to wait!) I was only buying for 2 then the phone calls started from all my on-line mates.....cant believe good old lining up has worked out better than new technology!!!

To all Adelaide interferencers , Blueeyedgirl and myself will be at the Exeter Hotel tonight at about 5pm, so come on down and celebrate! You will know us by our smug elated smiles!!!!

i would but now i have no money until wednesday, lol.

intedomine said:
Some clown is auctioning 2 GA tix for Melbourne at $1575. There's been heaps of bids, and it could go higher.

I'm happy i only paid $99 for my ticket.

Someone here at work said that two A Reserve seats in Sydney went for $4000+. Crazy. Fucking crazy.

reptile said:

Smug elated smiles...:drool:

Sokki, I reckon you've done the best of all of us today. You sure you can't make to the Ex?????:hyper:

sokki said:
woohoo i just got back from west lakes for my adelaide ticket... i got there just before 12, i should have got there earlier but then i would have missed out on sydney and melbourne. yay!!!

since i was there alone i couldn't go to the toilet for over 2 and a half hours. and people were really annoying.

where did you go reptile to get yours?

hmmm i was in the west lakes line and got there around 12 too.

shit! I shoulda bought some A reserve seating, there was still many left at ticketmaster when i bought mine. I only bought 4 GA. I could have made a huge profit on ebay. Damn

sokki said:

i would but now i have no money until wednesday, lol.

I'll shout u a beer or 2 (im sure Blueyed will also)
I got my tickets at a chemist in the central plaza (david jones) rundle mall. I got there at 11am and was about 40th in line by 12.30 (when i got my tickets) there where around 200 in line, all the other city bass outlets where a lot worse aparantly

blueeyedgirl said:

Smug elated smiles...:drool:

Sokki, I reckon you've done the best of all of us today. You sure you can't make to the Ex?????:hyper:

lol... i don't have any i.d. and my mum has restricted my 'drinking time' lololol. i know it sounds ridiculous, but she's serious and says if i keep on drinking the way i do i have to move out.

lololol. what you guys doin' on the weekend?

i am over age by the way, but look nothing like it. i get shit from customers at work all the time, especially if i ask them for i.d.

i work at a pub and my mum wonders why i drink so much. like duh.

ShoutLikeStars said:

hmmm i was in the west lakes line and got there around 12 too.

hehe cool!!! if you saw me you probably thought i looked like i was dying or something, lol... i was... it was eating at me that maybe when it's finally my turn they were gonna tell me it was sold out. lol.

so... what were you wearing? how old are you and stuff... maybe i saw you!

Your not the only one sokki, I was feeling the same when waiting for my turn. Even though I thought that I would get my GA's I still wasnt relieved until I had them in my hands.

adambk said:
Your not the only one sokki, I was feeling the same when waiting for my turn. Even though I thought that I would get my GA's I still wasnt relieved until I had them in my hands.

lol i know... then i was paranoid about getting mugged on the way home, lololol :laugh:

sokki said:

hehe cool!!! if you saw me you probably thought i looked like i was dying or something, lol... i was... it was eating at me that maybe when it's finally my turn they were gonna tell me it was sold out. lol.

so... what were you wearing? how old are you and stuff... maybe i saw you!
wellll.....I dont know if you're a guy or a girl for starters!! but i did see a young looking person in line on their own... maybe wearing a navy blue zip up jacket??!?

But I'm a guy and I was wearing black pin stripe pants and a black polo with a logo on it for a certain local sporting team. Hopefully I wasnt one of those 'annoying ones' u mentioned!

sokki said:

lol i know... then i was paranoid about getting mugged on the way home, lololol :laugh:

Yeh I was totally expecting the 100 people from behind me to start chasing me out of the shopping centre.

hahaha.... yes i know who you are!!! lol. port sucks!!! hehe... even though i live here. oh yeah i'm a girl... some people don't usually think so, they think i'm a 13 year old boy or something. haha!! man i was bored out of my fucking mind!!!

nah there was two guys behind me that were shitting me off, saying how U2 aren't even that good and blah blah blah... then one left... thanks god. then the other dude shut up.

adambk said:

Yeh I was totally expecting the 100 people from behind me to start chasing me out of the shopping centre.

i remember when i was still waiting and some stupid woman came out and started looking at her tickets... if i was drunk i probably would have taken them and ran lol.... i was gonna take alcohol in a coke bottle but then i would have been screwed if i had to go to the toilet constantly.

sokki said:
hahaha.... yes i know who you are!!! lol. port sucks!!! hehe... even though i live here. oh yeah i'm a girl... some people don't usually think so, they think i'm a 13 year old boy or something. haha!! man i was bored out of my fucking mind!!!

nah there was two guys behind me that were shitting me off, saying how U2 aren't even that good and blah blah blah... then one left... thanks god. then the other dude shut up.

hahahaha classic!! How funny!

I look young as well. Does everyone tell you how you'll appreciate it when you're older? I get that all the time, I hate it.

I was pretty bored in the line as well but I did have a mate from work with me and it was better than being at work (although now that I am back at work I am still just doing U2 stuff anyway!)

GO THE POWER!

yeah people tell me that all the time!!! i don't like it, but i guess they're trying to be nice or something, i dunno. lol.

i'm glad i didn't have to work today, otherwise my life would be over. i couldn't have called in sick either because everyone at work knows what i was planning on doing today. but it all worked out good and i'm sooo happy!!!

did you get GA?

hey peeps, I JUST GOT MY TICKETS! woo-hoo.. drove from sunshine coast to Aspley Pick n Pay.. hell yeah, got pretty gd tickets too $202 tickets and im on the eastern stand. in... box.. 12.. >_< How did everyone else go?? anyone in my stand? :O

sokki said:
yeah people tell me that all the time!!! i don't like it, but i guess they're trying to be nice or something, i dunno. lol.

i'm glad i didn't have to work today, otherwise my life would be over. i couldn't have called in sick either because everyone at work knows what i was planning on doing today. but it all worked out good and i'm sooo happy!!!

did you get GA?
Awesome. Looks like everyone who goes for tickets today in Adelaide will end up happy.

I was surprised how few sections BASS had for sale though... maybe only a quarter of the seated areas...rest are ticketmaster only apparently.

As for what I bought, well I already had 4 GAs from the U2.com pre-sale for me and my friends...then today I got 1 more spare GA for myself, 5 GA's for people at work (who kept ringing while I was in line going 'I cant get through on the phone, can you buy them for me!??') and 2 seats in 305 for me mum for christmas.

Just heard on the radio re; Adelaide sales, 30,000 so far that still leaves 25,000!!! So anybody after Adelaide tickets dont give up. In fact get ofline and get in Line!!!!!(or just ring up!)

yer, i agree. even though im from sunshine coast/qld.. I was in line and so damn glad I was because I was listenin to everyone chatting around me saying that phones and the websites were jammed.. thats gotta suck!... SO EXCITED!!..... ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom