Australia is on - early 2006!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a dream last night they cancelled coming to australia but in bonos guilt of doing so he instead performed a stand up comic show somewhere he in oz featuring himself in a room of about 50 people...lol then I hung out with him at this rundown house he was staying at which was oddly enough filled with old friends I haven’t seen for years...

His comedy routine was hilarious, I don’t remember what he was saying but I remember laughing my ass off..:eyebrow:

:wink:

i cant stand not knowing any longer! when are we going to find out.........:sad:

Hey! I know the answer to this, but I'm not going to put it in here. I'm not a premium member so can't PM you, but if you drop your email address....

timothius said:

Once we get the emails we can get up off our knees. :hyper:

Please. :bow:

My knees are getting sore. I think they're impatient. :wink:

fullautoreverse said:
I had a dream last night they cancelled coming to australia but in bonos guilt of doing so he instead performed a stand up comic show somewhere he in oz featuring himself in a room of about 50 people...lol then I hung out with him at this rundown house

ahhhhhhh,that would be my place :)

this wait for U2 is taking on epic thriller proportions
if you would be so king earnie, cassowary2@yahoo.com.au

:mad: :mad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :mad: :mad:

this is me right now....

you know what shits me MOST if u2 don't tour? That i COULD HAVE seen them overseas, iw ould have travelled to the states to see them, but no oh no, this was the year the time they were coming to australia, so why would i waste my money on going there when i could see them here?.....

i just dont want this handle badly, i love u2 and their music and i dont want my disappointment and sadness and anger over them NOT coming to muddy songs when i listen to them....

and no one who has ever seen them can respond and say 'gee thats a bit harsh they're not here to please you' because you've seen them and you dont understand.

:|

I've noticed a lot more email addresses in here since the last couple of rounds I sent off, and I'm lazy so I'll say this -
Obviously dazzlingamy's reaction indicates it's not good news, and it's not, but it doesn't mean the door has closed. From what I know, the issue on both sides is about the risk. U2 have lost a mint on their last two tours here and are probably rightfully keen not to do so again, no matter how successful the tour has been overseas. At the same time promoters in Australia are on a fine line between staying alive and oblivion. The industry here is not very healthy - hence the ridiculous ticket prices we are paying for everything at the moment. In the end comes what U2 want and need to minimize risk, and what the promoters want and need to minimise risk. I'm not going into details on here but that's where it stands - U2 feel they need to do it a certain way, the promoters feel they simply can't do it that way. Like I said, that doesn't mean the door has closed, it now stands on how badly U2 actually want to tour here - is some risk worth it? Would an arena tour limit the risk? Would they even want to do arenas here (3 weeks minimum in Australia)? Or it will take a promoter with some serious balls to essentially put their whole company on the line for one very high risk venture. It's pretty complicated, and it is possible, but I'd suggest that the door is only about an inch open at the moment with no current takers, and it's September....

Oh crap! That's awful! I'll be so sorry if you guys don't even get a chance to see them there. :(

I'm sending off "you better get your rear ends down to OZ" vibes to U2 right now. :grumpy:

Cheers, Indra!

I've just been in the Lovetown thread and counted 26 shows in Oz/NZ over a 3 and half week period, tickets at $40 (and in my town at least, sold out over one morning).

I seriously don't believe this. Is nothing more important to anyone anymore but making money? So if they can't make a profit with bringing their whizzbang stage show and 150 staff, then come here with a stripped down stage and half the staff. I don't want the bells and whistles, I just want to see U2 play music. Does U2 believe their music won't stand up without the whizz bang stage? Do they believe noone will come watch if there aren't any bright lights and flashing images???

I am beyond pissed off. I thought U2 were one band to be above this. Maybe once, but not anymore.

Maybe if the promoters actually promoted? :)....If I didnt come here , I would never hear a wisper about U2 (other than Bono In Africa)

Based on what I've read here, i"m guessing the Door has closed.
(As much as I want it not to be)

U2 has lost a lot of my love this year.....Firstly with Tickets for the US.....I would have had to have gone ebay for great seats.....Instead I made do with "Good" Seats....Now I know its not the bands fault.its the bloody accountant they got before they elevation tour....and the manager (who does manage his "Business" (aka Rock Band very well) and now not (Possibly Not!) coming here!....Its not fair.

They've taken enough of my money.....I think I would rather spend it on Green Day (who i've recently come to like as a band), who are rumored to be touring ....For a SECOND TIME in ONE YEAR here. (and dont charge an arm , a leg and a picasso art piece to get in)

Like anything though......If they really wanted to come....They would.
Be sure to add 50,000 more US dates next summer Bono.

/End Rant.

I'll get over it, there are more important things in life, than A rock and roll band....or should that be Rock And Roll Business?

Last edited:
Thank God they aren't my favourite band... :sigh:

Still very dissapointing, I will echo the same sentiments as bono_man_2002... they have lost a lot of my respect - but whatever - I truly don't expect that much of them at this point. If they come, they come... if they don't, they don't. Hopefully a few other bands worth checking out come instead...

Quite frankly... Fuck Them. :)

It is very VERY dissapointing. Infact if they skip us again I'm seriously thinking about selling all my U2 stuff (CD's/DVD's) on Ebay. I'm serious, they don't care about fans in the Southern Hemisphere? FUCK THEM.

How do you know this information?

I will totally lose faith if they do this again.

If this is what they are thinking, does U2/Principle Management have a contact?

We need to act now!

Back
Top Bottom